[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

What about adding an optional download like rss does? 

I'd prefer to use 8k

A lot of people want 8k, but the process is slow and tedious. For 27 bodies, that's a ton of work. If I decide to do this, it won't be done soon

Edited by Galileo

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@Tyko It will break any save from any version but there will be a career saver patch so that the save-breaking doesn't have to happen.

Thanks...I was about to start a new 3.2x Career Save. Sounds like it's okay to proceed as long as I use the planned patch? Or will the patch block some of the new features you are working on?

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Sounds like it's okay to proceed as long as I use the planned patch? Or will the patch block some of the new features you are working on?

Go ahead and start. The new features won't be blocked.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@eddiew already tried that. Look how it turned out. Lol

Yeah I know...I just so want to see someone pull it off (if it's even possible..).  I failed miserably @ 3.2x and 10% also but my 10% stock size is going nicely. :D 

30 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Yeah I know...I just so want to see someone pull it off (if it's even possible..).  I failed miserably @ 3.2x and 10% also but my 10% stock size is going nicely. :D 

"pull it off" or "suffer like you did"? :D

I've read the accounts of @eddiew's attempt and think I'll go for something a little more playable.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@eddiew already tried that. Look how it turned out. Lol

1 hour ago, rasta013 said:

Tis true, 3.2x GPP basically mandates something like KRnD or some other form of god-tier tech. Stock parts are balanced for 1x scale, it's normal to find them insufficient when you're doubling the delta-v requirements to get anywhere.

3.2x with 10% and allowing yourself to use KRnD before end of tree would be sane, even if you run a custom config like me to make upgrades much more expensive. My error was largely in not allowing it until all nodes were unlocked, and as such I ran into a progress wall whereby I couldn't viably send crewed missions, but probes weren't returning enough science to make the difference. 

In the end though, I've dropped back to 1x because I like doing SSTOs and 3.2x basically puts and end to them. Although now that I could do some RnD on my rapiers, that might actually not be true any more ^^; 

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Invaders!!! 

...Is that an OPT engine? And KW radial SAS?

It is :D

Spoiler

I'm a sucker for this engine and the angled SAS looks brilliant on it (this was actually a travel package for the ship after unlocking the engine)
FxIZXze.png

Using the SAS as an addition to the ship instead of just slapping it on some where has always been my problem so like a year or so ago I started putting it on IR trusses and a light on the inside (0.4/0.4/0.5) for a soft light blue light :D
vUeUpG4.png

But as cool as the part can actually be used for, it's size some times gets a little bit awkward to work with when it's slightly to big and spamming parts is not an option, still didn't turn out bad with the vtol engine placed there and aligned centerd :)
UkRDCoR.png

Exploded view and the actual missions to send it, I did forget the engine/travel package installment as that one was a pain in the rear and just rushed through it http://imgur.com/a/uRHfM:/
EorW6ZH.png
I spent hours on hours tinkering with the ship, trying to make stuff fit, but also look right and even just accepted accepted real time engine balancing for the vtol when doing an Iota landing not to compromise the design and looks :P
LjtJqpK.png

You'll get a kick out of this one, 1.0.5 I think it was :D

The craft itself as people were more curious of how it was packed then actually the mission, which admittingly is also screenshot heavy, they should be glad I didn;t add many comments back then :D
http://imgur.com/a/2mY5e and the mission http://imgur.com/a/Ny2Qy

It's not a spaceship unless it has an aerospike :cool:
The ship has reached it's full potential though with 0.49TWR in LGO (low Gael orbit) and as I finished my Tellumo mission, it stretched it's life support capabilities as well.
Just wait till till I can start on ship #2, and ohboy, if I can get my hands on dboi88's Coyote parts \☺/

Edited by Kamuchi

I'm having a problem with clouds showing up in GPP.

I ran through a clean install as instructed but no clouds are showing up on GAEL.

Is there an additional procedure I need to accomplish in order to see clouds on GAEL?

I can provide additional information if needed but I first wanted to check to ensure that clouds are supported on GAEL in GPP.

Also, I have been searching for this issue in the forum for a while now and haven't found anything so asking for some guidance and help.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Tuko said:

I'm having a problem with clouds showing up in GPP.

I ran through a clean install as instructed but no clouds are showing up on GAEL.

Is there an additional procedure I need to accomplish in order to see clouds on GAEL?

I can provide additional information if needed but I first wanted to check to ensure that clouds are supported on GAEL in GPP.

Also, I have been searching for this issue in the forum for a while now and haven't found anything so asking for some guidance and help.

Thanks

Post a pic of your gamedata folder and your output logs.

so im intalling it corectly in order but when i load the game and it gets to the end of that yellow bar it just stops and everything is really laggy and unresponisve. I have a really good computer so i dont one clue. i have only loading in GPP kopurnus modular flight integrader and just 2 other modular manger things that came with it

15 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'm trying to attach documents/screenshot here but pasting isn't working, stupid I know.

Using Google chrome, tried with MS Edge too but no luck.

Is there a setting in my profile I need to change?

16 minutes ago, Tuko said:

I'm trying to attach documents/screenshot here but pasting isn't working, stupid I know.

Using Google chrome, tried with MS Edge too but no luck.

Is there a setting in my profile I need to change?

The best way is to use Imgur.com. You click on the green button on the top "New post". Then a window appears and you can drag and drop or browse to a folder where your pictures are. Then your images will be added to Imgur. To add a picture in a Post you click on "insert other media" at the bottom right. Then select "insert image from URL". switch to imgur and click copy when moving the button to the upper right of the picture. Copy the link in the Post "insert image from URL". Important ist to add ".jpg" at the end oft the link and the picture should be in the Post.

Edit: Poodmund was faster

Edited by astroheiko

10 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Host them via http://www.imgur.com and post the link to the album.

4 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

The best way is to use Imgur.com. You click on the green button on the top "New post". Then a window appears and you can drag and drop or browse to a folder where your pictures are. Then your images will be added to Imgur. To add a picture in a Post you click on "insert other media" at the bottom right. Then select "insert image from URL". switch to imgur and click copy when moving the button to the upper right of the picture. Copy the link in the Post "insert image from URL". Important ist to add ".jpg" at the end oft the link and the picture should be in the Post.

Edit: Poodmund was faster

Thanks guys, didn't know that was the way to post here.

I'm setting up an account now....

54 minutes ago, hrobi2 said:

so im intalling it corectly in order but when i load the game and it gets to the end of that yellow bar it just stops and everything is really laggy and unresponisve. I have a really good computer so i dont one clue. i have only loading in GPP kopurnus modular flight integrader and just 2 other modular manger things that came with it

How much memory does your computer have?  I have a "very good" computer too, but KSP running GPP with all the recommended visual mods takes a LOT of memory.  I upgraded my system from 8GB to 24 GB, and honestly it needs all of it.  I'm usually around 10GB by the loading screen, and when actually playing (with about 65 active missions) I've hit 20 GB from time to time.

At least on Windows, KSP will still run if you have less memory than is needed for KSP, the OS, and everything else, by swapping unused memory pages out.  This is common, but if enough pages are swapped out, the system will really bog down.  And that's when you're using an SSD as your swap space.  If you're swapping to a hard disk it doesn't take a lot of swapping to bring a system to a crawl.

How much memory does your computer have?  KSP/GPP is barely playable with 8 GB, and isn't that great with 16 GB either.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

OnNLmE1.jpg

Just now, Tuko said:

OnNLmE1.jpg

How do I attach a txt file, i.e. my outputlog file?

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Galileo, I'll just start over with a clean instal and just GPP and let you know if I get clouds.

Of course, I'll use JadeofMaar's install instructions and follow them explicitly.

1 hour ago, Tuko said:

Galileo, I'll just start over with a clean instal and just GPP and let you know if I get clouds.

Of course, I'll use JadeofMaar's install instructions and follow them explicitly.

i see your problem. you installed the boulder co. folder.  delete it.  there is a version of SVE included in the GPP download. ONLY use the bundled version.