[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

I have learned a valuable lesson with respect to spaceplane (Kerbplane) design:

DO NOT USE RADIAL SYMMETRY WHEN PLACING WINGS!!!

I was wondering why my plane was rolling uncontrollably - the 5 degree angle of attack was pointing in opposite directions. I had invented Gael's first hypersonic sky-drill. Thankfully I had parachutes in reserve. The cockpit would have overheated (except for some alt-f12 magic) but I think that is more of an issue with stock-heating designed spaceplane parts as opposed to what you get at realistic scale. 

hi there! plz help me, i can't get it right :|

Brand new install of KSP,no mods,

Run it once

Install latest version of Kopernicus  with Modular Flight Integrator+module manager ,run it again,

than install GPP 1.2.2 , fail on loading screen (or if i click on settings)

my KSP version is 1.2.2.1622 (bought from steam)

i also paid attention to copy every file to Gamedata folder.

what am i doing wrong? ohh, and i've tried 3 different versions of Kopernicus, 1.2.2-1 , 1.2.2-2 , 1.2.2-5, and nothing...

Edited by gaboncz

7 hours ago, gaboncz said:

Run it once

Install latest version of Kopernicus  with Modular Flight Integrator+module manager ,run it again,

what am i doing wrong? ohh, and i've tried 3 different versions of Kopernicus, 1.2.2-1 , 1.2.2-2 , 1.2.2-5, and nothing...

I will need a screenshot of your gamedata folder and your output log

I was now on Narisse. This time I did not forget the reminder photo and the flag - as with Hadrian.

clFmMqH.jpg

What do we have here? An annomaly. But I do not show much, I do not want to spoil you the fun. Only a small note: it is not a monolith. Of course, I still have a complete picture.

YacV74D.jpg

Excuse the double post. I have a problem with the Moon muse in the Nero system. I wanted to scan for minerals. This did not work as expected. My Survey probe could scan but the result was this:

I3rBLlW.jpg

If I change to the probe, I can call the overlay but neither in the tracking station nor in map mode is possible.

3hwsiOs.jpg

From time to time there was the problem that I could not call the overlay in map mode, it worked so far always in the tracking station. So I have always been able to deal with the problem and find ore.

Here is still my mod folder and the probably important section from the log.

gLgLkJn.jpg

2tUMBaV.jpg

I hope you can do something with it.

I remember reading here something about not pausing the game near Icarus and Thalia... Remembered it too late :D

AAHs8YE.png

The temps continued to get worse slowly, even after I decoupled the lander from the interplanetary stage. I have four small folding radiators on the lander, working at 100%. I jumped back to KSC, hoping the craft will cool down at some point. Any hope for that?

@Poodmund

I thank you for your feedback. I hope I do everything right now.

First the list of used mods:

CommunityResourcePack 0.6.6.6

DistantObject 1.8.1

EditorExtensionsRedux 3.3.11.1

EVE 1.2.2.1

GPP 1.2.2

Kerbal Engineer 1.1.2.8

Kopernicus 1.2.2.5

KSCSwitcher from GPP 1.2.2

MemGraph 1.1.0.2

PartAngleDisplay 0.3.2.4

PreciseNode 1.2.4

TextureReplacer from GPP 1.2.2

TransferWindowPlaner 1.6.1

KerbalSpaceProgram Version 1.2.2.1622 - 64bit

Here still the hopefully correct logs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xvec6mjcrwit0z/KSP-log.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clqcwynrziop997/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja3cab5uphlmf36/output_log.zip?dl=0

I hope I have done everything right.

Greetings

2 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

I remember reading here something about not pausing the game near Icarus and Thalia... Remembered it too late :D

The temps continued to get worse slowly, even after I decoupled the lander from the interplanetary stage. I have four small folding radiators on the lander, working at 100%. I jumped back to KSC, hoping the craft will cool down at some point. Any hope for that?

Timewarp before things explode and before you change scenes. It accelerates cooldown and prevents the likelihood that your craft may persist on rails ready to explode.

You my also have not packed enough radiator. That ship looks like a bit much for those things and I see a lot of parts with heat tolerance < 2000K

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

AAHs8YE.png

Four small folding radiators was more than adequate for a small probe lander (less than a ton) on Icarus, but was barely enough for Thalia. My manned lander had six of the medium folding radiators, and it wasn't enough to stick around on the surface for more than a minute on Thalia.

Thalia and Icarus have heating fields - I am not sure if radiators work that well compared to normal solar or internally generated heat. @Galileo would know. 

Edited by MaxL_1023

Pasted image at 2017_04_29 03_51 PM

Since GPP 1.2 I have been unable to see the rings except for a faint glow (Nero's are actually kinda visible) You can faintly see Tellumo's here if you squint. :)

I have tried no GPP scaterer, EVE, ETC. Here is my mod list:

Pasted image at 2017_05_01 10_32 PM

I had all of these before and did not have this problem. Any ideas?

So I decided to try this mod today, but I'm having some weird memory issues. Just loading the home base with the high detail mountain ranges around it seem to kick my computer up to 16GB of memory usage. And I only have 16GB of RAM so it crashes shortly thereafter. If I manage to get into the tracking station before the game crashes, memory usage drops down to about 8GB which is more along the lines of what I would expect. Anyone else having issues like this? 

Definitely seems related to the mountains around the base. If I go to the launch pad and face out to sea I hover around 9GB. As soon as I pan the camera around to the mountains around the base I run out of memory and the game crashes. 

Edited by Greg310

1 hour ago, 4d4Garrison said:

Pasted image at 2017_04_29 03_51 PM

Since GPP 1.2 I have been unable to see the rings except for a faint glow (Nero's are actually kinda visible) You can faintly see Tellumo's here if you squint. :)

I have tried no GPP scaterer, EVE, ETC. Here is my mod list:

Pasted image at 2017_05_01 10_32 PM

I had all of these before and did not have this problem. Any ideas?

I believe you are missing this: https://mega.nz/#!vUowhKgB!PAIeK8M1KlBOXhcBNglxGTq6MzSiqFxF27fAXYOD8_w
DL and overwrite in Gamedata/Kopernicus/Plugins

Link and detailed instructions is the main GPP readme :-P

19 hours ago, gaboncz said:

Run it once

Have to ask, are you launching in 64bit? Also, Kopernicus is version locked to KSP, so you want the latest version as the earlier ones will not work. 

Thalia's getting a chill pill. :) 

Aaaaaand screenshot time. Featuring Rocket Kerman and a USI warp drive.

3BerVvO.jpg

WyChKnc.jpg

box1WqX.jpg m6vtb7D.jpg aDvwBjh.jpg

42 minutes ago, gaboncz said:

yes, i'm launching 64 bit. i wanna upload my output log & a screenshot with my gamedata but i dunno where is the attach button :)

Put them in a zip file, upload that zip file to some cloud storage service then use that service to create a shareable link, then paste that link here.

3 hours ago, gaboncz said:

why is my post hidden? =))

Because you're new here, and therefore your first five posts are automatically hidden until a moderator manually approves each one.

It's a standard, automatic thing that happens to all new users, and it will automatically go away once you've made a few posts.  We're sorry for the inconvenience, but alas, it's a necessary protection against spammers.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!  :)

I am again reporting on my problem with the ore display. I thought I might get to the bottom of the problem myself and have done a new installation and installed only the most necessary to run GPP. Unfortunately, the problem remains. Here is a more detailed report:

Reinstallation of the Kerbal Space Program. V1.2.2.1622
Start once.
Installation Copernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and ModuleManager.dll  V1.2.2.5
Start once.
Installation GPP V1.2.2
Installation CommunityResourcePack V0.6.6.0

Then I started a new game and released all the buildings and technologies by cheat. Then I built a probe with the Survey Scanner and brought to different orbits by F12.
With Gael, Iota, Ceti, Icarus and Narisse everything worked as expected. I received no information from Thalia and Muse.

The scanner counts as usual up to 100% but neither in the map mode nor in the tracking station appears in the resource display something.

As an example Narisse - here everything works.

XjmGXxB.jpg

Here the example Muse - here it does not work.

xzkZW7A.jpg

This is the GameData folder.

wLd6KXH.jpg

And here the corresponding logs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yd877mf4e32q5i6/KSP new.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iepdpjcsufprtz9/ModuleManager new.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84m3e9mgrb3uz20/output_log new.zip?dl=0

The error must lie with me, since I am probably the only one that happens.

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

20 hours ago, astroheiko said:

CommunityResourcePack 0.6.6.6

I'd like to know where you got this version. As far as I can tell, 0.6.6.0 is the current version.

Try playing your game without Community Resource Pack since you have no mods other than what's needed for just GPP to function. The variety of resources mean nothing if your game is otherwise pure stock.

Edited by JadeOfMaar