[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I ran out of likes to give. :( 

Your screenshots are always so awesome!

Thank you very much.

Lately, my "likes" go out often too - the many beautiful things are becoming more and more.

Strange - anytime someone asks me about the skybox I'm too slow. This has already happened 5 or 6 times and not once was I fast enough.:confused:

I just tried adding another planet pack (Kargantua) to this one, and have got everything working well for the most part, but I've discovered the RemoteTech ground stations have shifted to a planet from that pack. Is there a known fix for this? I looked through the GPP_RemoteTech config but couldn't find any identifying information about how Gael is flagged as the correct planet for the stations.

1 hour ago, billybob579 said:

but I've discovered the RemoteTech ground stations have shifted to a planet from that pack.

I presume Karguantua is somehow loading before GPP and its planets are being indexed by RemoteTech before GPP's planets are. To my knowledge this can only be fixed while creating a new game. If the problem persists after making a new game then before creating the next new game you'll have to open GPP\GPP_Configs\GPP_RemoteTech.cfg and change every instance of Body = 1 to Body = 5 (or whatever nearby number you'll find works out).

The base of my theory (for Galileo's insight) is Kargantua's body configs have :AFTER[Kopernicus] and not something more appropriate like :FOR[Kargantua]

20 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I presume Karguantua is somehow loading before GPP and its planets are being indexed by RemoteTech before GPP's planets are. To my knowledge this can only be fixed while creating a new game. If the problem persists after making a new game then before creating the next new game you'll have to open GPP\GPP_Configs\GPP_RemoteTech.cfg and change every instance of Body = 1 to Body = 5 (or whatever nearby number you'll find works out).

The base of my theory (for Galileo's insight) is Kargantua's body configs have :AFTER[Kopernicus] and not something more appropriate like :FOR[Kargantua]

That and we never claimed compatibility with any other planet pack.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:48 PM, Gilph said:

@rasta013, have you gotten TOT to calculate a good Grannus intercept? Mine seem to be no smaller than a few hundred years.

No I haven't but to be honest, I also haven't toyed very heavily with it for the long intercepts.  Typically, I pull KSPTOT when I want to plan complicated multi-body fly-bys Voyager style.  I've also used it for a few out-body shots for gravity assists in early points of careers to take advantage of physics instead of tech, but again that's a multi-body approach use as well.  AND I haven't made an attempt yet at one of these types of approaches to get to Grannus either.  So that's the long version of "No." :wink:

EDIT: But now you've got me thinking and just wondering (haven't plugged this in yet)...have you tried an Otho gravity assist?  I used that approach for a drastically shorter fly-by of Leto and I'm in the early planning stages of a Otho/Nero shot to park something at Hox.  Honestly, I just haven't really started working on things to try and get to Grannus yet since I haven't pulled these others off but you've really got my brain tweaking now...

Edited by rasta013

Have you considered an Otho/Ciro powered slingshot maneuver?

Use Otho to drop your PE to under Icarus' orbit, then burn at Ciro PE to get a major hyperbolic boost for a Grannus encounter. I am not sure if Grannus is far enough out to make this better than a straight Otho assist maneuver, but I know that the solar slingshot is being considered for a mission to Planet Nine (if they find it), Sedna, or other distant destinations (such as the 550 AU gravitational lensing focus). 

7 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Why would you even want another planet pack?

That's their play style. Some players never leave Kerbin's atmosphere. Some players can't have enough planets and stars to launch at. And some players can't stop building bigger and bigger...... :wink: 

On 5.5.2017 at 1:26 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

I ran out of likes to give. :( 

Your screenshots are always so awesome!

You have right, but not only the screenshots! His vehicle concepts are really Unique and beautiful too!

Funny Kabooms

Urses 

9 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Have you considered an Otho/Ciro powered slingshot maneuver?

Indeed.  Another good suggestion and likely would result in a quicker route than Otho/Nero - again...haven't plugged any of these in yet and kind of spit balling here but @MaxL_1023 is likely on to the best idea with this one and past experience would indicate it's a good chance.

@rasta013

I myself have a space ship that is traveling to Grannus. On page 116, I added an image of the flight route. Here is the link again.

I did not choose Hohmann transfer but a fly by with a very low periapsis at Grannus. This shortens the travel time extremely. I also plan to invest some dv in the direction of flight at the Periapsis to save even more time. Then I want to use one of the gas giants to get even faster back and get a low sun PE. After that I will somehow get back to Gael. If I do these maneuvers, the flight time might be "only" 50 years.

Greetings

@astroheiko I'd like you to try this. I do believe I've solved the Ore problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezolx66sk77o7rd/GPP_ResourcesFix.zip?dl=0

It came to my attention that one of the resource configs is entirely invalid because that resource (Ammonia) is only defined in CRP with its name for a specific state (LqdAmmonia) and I keep forgetting that.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hello @JadeOfMaar,

Nice that you think of me.:D
Is this the patch from the workshop? I had tried it before. But I have tested it now again. In my career game it did not work. Then I started a new sandbox game and visited all the planets and moons. It does not work for the following planets / moons: Thalia, Gratian, Lilli, Hephaestus, Muse, Hox, Leto.

Then I reinstalled KSP again, restart, Kopernicus, restart, then GPP and the resource patch without CRP. Sandbox game: No overlays at any planet or moon.

With CRP Patch is the same again. The same planets and moons are without overlay.

Would you like to have my logs again?

Greetings

And many thanks you for your engagement.

Edit: @all

I was also today on Minona, nothing can stop me - also no missing ore. Here my favourite pic:

7I8K6zw.jpg

That was on the way to the South Pole. The cliffs are breathtaking. Here ist the link to the post:

Minona Landing

Edited by astroheiko

I have installed the planet pack, but for some reason all science experiments give only default reports like "You record the crews assesment of the situation". I see the mod should have unique science reports, so any idea what could be wrong and how I could fix it?

Other than that, the mod has been great! It really brings enough new things to replay ksp again.

2 hours ago, astroheiko said:

Is this the patch from the workshop? I had tried it before.

It does not work for the following planets / moons: Thalia, Gratian, Lilli, Hephaestus, Muse, Hox, Leto.

No, it's a new patch. It addresses the discovery of an invalid config file. A Twitch streamer confirmed that the problem went away for him. So this should work for you and should have CRP installed with it.

If it still doesn't work for you that's no celebration time for me. :( 

The funky thing is that no planet is actually 100% without Ore, but some biomes are, but planets may be 100% without certain other resources. Indeed if a resource's presence is low enough...it won't show on an overlay.

Hello, I recently upgraded to 1.2 build.  I cannot get the clouds to work.  I installed the GPP Cloud folder as outlined in instructions, then installed EVE (any cpu release). 

I didn't do a fresh install.  I removed everything from the game data folder that was put in with the previous GPP version then installed the new version per instructions.

I'm hoping there might be a different answer than "fresh install".

Thanks in advance.

Edit:  Tried it on a fresh install as well with no other mods.....still no clouds.

Edited by DSM20T

2 hours ago, DSM20T said:

I installed the GPP Cloud folder as outlined in instructions, then installed EVE (any cpu release).

Inside GPP_Clouds is another GameData folder with the options for high or low res then the appropriate next GPP_Clouds folder. I'll have to make that clear too in the instructions. :blush: 

Hello @JadeOfMaar,

I was not sure which fix I had used and tried again. Your above link has only 2 config files and the one from the workshop all resources.

I have now again everything installed, KSP, Kopernicus, CRP, GPP and the fix with the two configs. (Meanwhile you can wake me up in the middle of the night and I can install the GPP blindly.):confused:

The problem is still there.

I'm so sorry I wish I could help somehow.

Edit:

I had once a GPP Version where it worked. Only when Grannus came to the Mod the problem appeared.

Edited by astroheiko

It's me - again :D This time only normal pictures, but something very interesting.

After 19 years and 257 days the Grannus Fly by Ship reaches the SOI of Grannus. However, it still takes 14
years and 38 days to reach the periapsis. Far and wide is nothing to see, I can only find Ciro with the help
of Distant Object. I have the area marked yellow where the inner planets are till Tellumo, the red circle is
Leto. Suddenly I feel so alone out there.

FCEi5dC.jpg

And here are the first results. I have data from Grannus - hooray. Above the ship, the little red dot, that's Grannus.

aK02Ik2.jpg

Now comes the complicated part. Normally, I would only arrive in 14 years and 38 days at the PE of Grannus.
The Ciro PE would then be reached in 43 years and 318 days. If I were to take a Hohmann transfer to Gael the
trip would take 93 years and 29 days until I arrive at Gael. The whole thing would only need 6500 m/s dV,
without the final braking maneuver to get an orbit around Gaeal. I hope you can understand my thoughts. Here
is a picture, which perhaps explains this something better.

AGtPpsQ.jpg

But I want to speed up a lot now to make the journey significantly shorter. If I do the maneuver shown in
the picture, I'll get an encounter with Gauss in just 22 years and 339 days. I had already planned maneuvers
for a Gael transfer, but the trajectory lines are then too weird. In any case it is so: If I can do
appropriate maneuvers at Gauss, then I can probably get a fly by at Tellumo. This fortunate circumstance
will further shorten travel time. After only 29 years of flight I can reach Gael again. However, the total
maneuvers will require more than 15000 m/s dV without the final braking maneuver to reach a stable orbit
around Gael. That's why I chosed the ion drive. Unfortunately, this is a bit painful, as I can only burn for
4 minutes and 12 seconds, about 200 m/s. I'll have to split the maneuvers. Somehow it will work. Here is the picture.

DEhFPOP.jpg

15 hours ago, Renofox said:

I have installed the planet pack, but for some reason all science experiments give only default reports like "You record the crews assesment of the situation". I see the mod should have unique science reports, so any idea what could be wrong and how I could fix it?

Other than that, the mod has been great! It really brings enough new things to replay ksp again.

The custom science was all removed as they caused unforeseen little problems. They'll be back and even better.

4 hours ago, astroheiko said:

Hello @JadeOfMaar,

I was not sure which fix I had used and tried again. Your above link has only 2 config files and the one from the workshop all resources.

I have now again everything installed, KSP, Kopernicus, CRP, GPP and the fix with the two configs. (Meanwhile you can wake me up in the middle of the night and I can install the GPP blindly.):confused:

The problem is still there.

I'm so sorry I wish I could help somehow.

Edit:

I had once a GPP Version where it worked. Only when Grannus came to the Mod the problem appeared.

The new fix has only two config files (I reused the exact link so the fix in the workshop thread should be the same as this). If that still didn't work and if the addition of Grannus coincides with the problem then maybe your save is damaged...

Your Grannus flyby is looking epic by the way. :) 

16 hours ago, Renofox said:

Yup.  They were removed because of some small issues arising around them.  In the next update the reports will start making their return and each update after that I will be adding more and more until all stock experiments are completed for all bodies in GPP.  This is obviously a long term project but they will be returning.

8 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Wait, what? Details...?

I read it somewhere - more conjecture than anything. Basically, its the fastest way to get something out to 550 AU or beyond.