[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

58 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Oh no, now I have to play Galileos! Oh God!

Please make up your mind, dude. :/ 

As for the station it contains Station Science, DMagic Orbital Science, Kerbalism, Indicator Lights and Ven's Stock Revamp.

Was the issue with solar panels sorted out on this update? I'm getting some very strange numbers here with Kerbalism, not sure if it's that or GPP.  Panels with Kerbalism support are putting out barely a trickle of power while non-supported panels are still putting out ridiculously huge numbers. 

7 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Was the issue with solar panels sorted out on this update? I'm getting some very strange numbers here with Kerbalism, not sure if it's that or GPP.  Panels with Kerbalism support are putting out barely a trickle of power while non-supported panels are still putting out ridiculously huge numbers. 

We implemented a solar panel fix in GPP 1.2.3.  It fixes stock solar panels, but I have no idea about Kerbalism.  The fix only works if you use the Kopernicus that is packaged with the GPP download.  Don't download and install Kopernicus separately, it won't work.

Our next GPP release will work only with KSP 1.3 and Kopernicus 1.3.0-x.  Kopernicus has made a bunch of changes in 1.3.0, one of which is their own solar panel fix.  The changes are drastic enough that there is no forward or backward compatibility.  If you're using KSP 1.2.2, you're going to have to use GPP 1.2.3 with the packaged Kopernicus.  And if you're using KSP 1.3, you're going to have to wait on the next GPP release.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

We implemented a solar panel fix in GPP 1.2.3.  It fixes stock solar panels, but I have no idea about Kerbalism.  The fix only works if you use the Kopernicus that is packaged with the GPP download.  Don't download and install Kopernicus separately, it won't work.

Our next GPP release will work only with KSP 1.3 and Kopernicus 1.3.0-x.  Kopernicus has made a bunch of changes in 1.3.0, one of which is their own solar panel fix.  The changes are drastic enough that there is no forward or backward compatibility.  If you're using KSP 1.2.2, you're going to have to use GPP 1.2.3 with the packaged Kopernicus.  And if you're using KSP 1.3, you're going to have to wait on the next GPP release.

Right, using 1.2.3 and its packaged bundles with KSP 1.2.2. 

I wonder, could it be from using the older GPP (April date) 6.4x config? I didn't add the new one cuz I didn't want to change my day lengths (which would require tweaking Rald).

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Right, using 1.2.3 and its packaged bundles with KSP 1.2.2. 

I wonder, could it be from using the older GPP (April date) 6.4x config? I didn't add the new one cuz I didn't want to change my day lengths (which would require tweaking Rald).

I don't think there's anything is the rescale configs that should mess up solar panels.  I really don't know anything about Kerbalism, so I can't be any help with that.  But I can probably debug what's happening with the stock solar panels if you can give me some information.  I need to know what your solar panels are producing in order to know if you're getting the right number of not.  Can you put a solar panel in orbit around Ciro at a distance of 1 AU (about 13,983,000,000 m at 1x, 89,490,000,000 m at 6.4x) and check the energy flow.  Then do the same thing around Grannus.  If you use a 3x2 or 1x6 solar panel, you should get about 1.64 when 1 AU from Ciro, and about 0.051 when 1 AU from Grannus.

12 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I don't think there's anything is the rescale configs that should mess up solar panels.  I really don't know anything about Kerbalism, so I can't be any help with that.  But I can probably debug what's happening with the stock solar panels if you can give me some information.  I need to know what your solar panels are producing in order to know if you're getting the right number of not.  Can you put a solar panel in orbit around Ciro at a distance of 1 AU (about 13,983,000,000 m at 1x, 89,490,000,000 m at 6.4x) and check the energy flow.  Then do the same thing around Grannus.  If you use a 3x2 or 1x6 solar panel, you should get about 1.64 when 1 AU from Ciro, and about 0.051 when 1 AU from Grannus.

OK, something's definitely screwy here. Pinging @ShotgunNinja too, since I'm thinking there's two different problems that are somehow related. I updated GPP & Kerbalism at the same time, so I don't know which did it. Observe:

1 AU from Ciro:

3NlpQPq.png

The SSTU panels should be putting out only 3 e/c, and don't seem to have the Kerbalism patch (@Shotgun I thought SSTU had native support in Kerbalism, now?)

The others seem to be putting out Grannus-level power, assuming Kerbalism's kw is analogous to stock e/c.

1 AU from Grannus, facing Grannus:

TyDdEAe.png

Getting nothing from the Kerbalism-enhanced panels at all.

1 AU from Grannus, facing Ciro...

x295oOt.png

The SSTU panels don't seem to recognize Grannus at all, they keep pointing at Ciro...

23 minutes ago, cicileo said:

I'm Updating the mod version and i'm not sure on how to use career saver. Exactly, where do i need to put the .cfg file ?

anywhere inside your GameData folder.

9 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

The others seem to be putting out Grannus-level power, assuming Kerbalism's kw is analogous to stock e/c.

I don't know how Kerbalism is affecting things.  You might try it again without Kerbalism installed to see what the stock panels give you.

One thing that could give you ~0.05 e/s around Ciro is if you changed Grannus' luminosity to 1360.  Changing Grannus' luminosity was a fix that we suggested for GPP 1.2.2, but you don't want to do that for 1.2.3.  Did you happen to change that?

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know how Kerbalism is affecting things.  You might try it again without Kerbalism installed to see what the stock panels give you.

One thing that could give you ~0.05 e/s around Ciro is if you changed Grannus' luminosity to 1360.  Changing Grannus' luminosity was a fix that we suggested for GPP 1.2.2, but you don't want to do that for 1.2.3.  Did you happen to change that?

I don't recall doing so, but the my mod is pretty modded so I wouldn't be surprised if it worked in. Where would I look for that?

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I don't recall doing so, but the my mod is pretty modded so I wouldn't be surprised if it worked in. Where would I look for that?

Look in GameData/GPP/GPP_Planets/Grannus/Grannus.cfg.  Open the file and look for Luminosity = X.  The X should equal 42.

13 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Look in GameData/GPP/GPP_Planets/Grannus/Grannus.cfg.  Open the file and look for Luminosity = X.  The X should equal 42.

Yup, luminosity = 42. Now is there any way to check it in-game, like thru the debug window, to see what it's actually ending up as?

15 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yup, luminosity = 42. Now is there any way to check it in-game, like thru the debug window, to see what it's actually ending up as?

Yes, you can check it using the "Thermal GUI" in the debug menu, but I really don't think that's your problem.  If you're using GPP 1.2.3 with the Kopernicus that is packaged with it, I don't see why your stock solar panels are not producing the correct energy flow.  Unless there is some conflict with one of the mod you're using.  Have you tried uninstalling Kerbalism?

If you can, also give it a try in stock size and see if you get the same result.  I don't think that should make a difference, but it will be good to eliminate it as a possibility.  (You probably should backup your save game just in case changing scale messes anything up.)

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

Yes, you can check it using the "Thermal GUI" in the debug menu, but I really don't think that's your problem.  If you're using GPP 1.2.3 with the Kopernicus that is packaged with it, I don't see why your stock solar panels are not producing the correct energy flow.  Unless there is some conflict with one of the mod you're using.  Have you tried uninstalling Kerbalism?

Not yet, since the un-Kerbalized SSTU panel is also scewy, I'm kinda waiting on @ShotgunNinja for his two pennies, tho I understand he's busy right now.

Not yet, since the un-Kerbalized SSTU panel is also scewy, I'm kinda waiting on @ShotgunNinja for his two pennies, tho I understand he's busy right now.

It might not be a good idea to bother him too much because the current product with KSP 1.2.2 and GPP 1.2.3 is on the verge of obsolescence.  Kopernicus 1.3.0 includes its own solar panel fix, thus we're having to scrap what we did in GPP 1.2.3 and change things to work with the new Kopernicus.  Kerbalism may have to change as well.  It just seems futile to me to put any significant effort into tracking down this bug.  The current product is about to be discontinued, and there's no guarantee that whatever solution we come up with at this time will even help us in the next version.  I think we should just push ahead and get our 1.3.0 compatible versions ready.  If after that the problem still exists, then we'll have to figure it out.  At least then we'll know we're putting our efforts into a long-term solution.

Edited by OhioBob

6 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It might not be a good idea to bother him too much because the current product with KSP 1.2.2 and GPP 1.2.3 is on the verge of obsolescence.  Kopernicus 1.3.0 includes its own solar panel fix, thus we're having to scrap what we did in GPP 1.2.3 and change things to work with the new Kopernicus.  Kerbalism may have to change as well.  It just seems futile to me to put any significant effort into tracking down this bug.  The current product is about to be discontinued, and there's no guarantee that whatever solution we come up with at this time will even help us in the next version.  I think we should just push ahead and get our 1.3.0 compatible versions ready.  If after that the problem still exists, then we'll have to figure it out.  At least then we'll know we're putting our efforts into a long-term solution.

And in the meantime, my game is unplayable, so you can perhaps understand why I would like to find a workaround. :huh:

55 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And in the meantime, my game is unplayable, so you can perhaps understand why I would like to find a workaround. :huh:

A work around could be... get back to the old version? There is no hurry to update everything to its last version.

Try deleting the following file and see what happens:

GameData\GPP\GPP_Configs\SolarPanelChargeRate.cfg

In plain vanilla GPP 1.2.3 (i.e. no other mods), solar panels will be overpowered without the above.  We created that .cfg to factor solar panels back down to where they should be.  In your game it almost seems like the factor is being applied twice, though I have no idea why that would be.  Maybe deleting the file will return things to where they should be.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can suggest.  As long as you have all your mods installed, there's little I can do to help diagnose what is at fault.

(edit)

If deleting the file alone doesn't fix it, then try deleting the file and change Grannus' luminosity to 1360.

Let me know what happens.

Edited by OhioBob

14 minutes ago, GonDragon said:

A work around could be... get back to the old version? There is no hurry to update everything to its last version.

Yep, going back to GPP 1.2.2 is certainly a possibility.  But deleting SolarPanelChargeRate.cfg should return 1.2.3 back to what it was in 1.2.2.  I think the result can be achieved without actually switching versions.

Of course the problem we had in 1.2.2 was that solar panels near Ciro were overpowered, to which the fix was to change Grannus' luminosity to 1360.

40 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Try deleting the following file and see what happens:

GameData\GPP\GPP_Configs\SolarPanelChargeRate.cfg

In a plain vanilla GPP game, solar panels will be overpowered without the above.  We created that .cfg to factor solar panels back down to where they should be.  In your game almost seems like the factor is being applied twice, though I have no idea why that would be.  Maybe deleting the file will return things to where they should be.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can suggest.  As long as you have all your mods installed, there's little I can do to help diagnose what is at fault.

Aha! I knew it had to be something simple like that. Removing the file seemed to work, thanx. :D The SSTU panels are still putting out ridiculous power, but I can live with that. The Kerbalism panels are back to putting out what they should.

Loving the mod so far, only recently sent out an unmanned probe into a solar orbit (haven't been anywhere beyond Gael and Iota manned, been at Ceti unmanned) on career. I'm on the most updated public release version, on KSP 1.2.2, and I found this contract erm.... well, I think the image speaks for itself.

PrDK2Lq.png

"Yes. We'd like you to drill for ore.... on the sun. Will 466 grand cover it?"

"Doesn't seem to be anything we can't handle."

The only mods I use which alter contracts is Strategia and DMagic Orbital Science (which so far seems to work just fine despite not being mentioned in the contract compatibility thread) with of course the contract configurator dependency and all... albeit contracts in general, stock or not, as you can tell here don't seem to register progression. Probably known from what I see, but I figured this sort of contract is a bit... more than usual.