[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

27 minutes ago, Jetski said:

And here's a strange thing: when I go back and review science reports, the biome information is missing!  It still has the flavor text, so I can puzzle it out usually, but the title is truncated.  Pretty consistent on science lab ships that have been in flight for a while.  Shows as "Crew Report from:" instead of "Crew Report from Iota's Midlands" etc. Makes it hard to get the easy "Science from surface" contracts using already collected science, as it's hard to find the right reports. 

do me a favor and land do another crew report in a different biome. Everything looks ok on my end but i dont know for sure

3 hours ago, Jetski said:

And here's a strange thing: when I go back and review science reports, the biome information is missing!  It still has the flavor text, so I can puzzle it out usually, but the title is truncated.  Pretty consistent on science lab ships that have been in flight for a while.  Shows as "Crew Report from:" instead of "Crew Report from Iota's Midlands" etc. Makes it hard to get the easy "Science from surface" contracts using already collected science, as it's hard to find the right reports. 

JEMJJMS.jpg

This is normal for the time being and happens at any non-stock biome. Kopernicus is unable to pass the biome name from localization tags to science parts. A similar problem should still be happening with SCANsat. 

I made it to Iota. Jade, Poodmund and Bobert made it to Iota. I was scrubbed from the launch when GSP noticed increased levels of hydrogen and methane in my suit, said I was a "safety/fire hazard". "You smelled it, you dealt it!" didn't fool the GSP. Had it, I would have been the first on Iota, not Jade.   

zuI6BSQ.png

Edited by Galileo

Hey. So.

I am using 2.5 ReScale config with GPP and I was wondering about acquiring proper Delta-V values for each body. Looking at the Delta-V map for "stock" GPP, I figured I can't use these nor can I just multiply them with 2.5. I consulted the in-game "wiki" (R&D archives), but their pages were empty. Is that normal? Or could it be ResearchBodies jealously prying the juicy infos away from my inquisitive eyes?

Just as I was starting to panic (Oh noes! I might actually have to do the maths!), I caught a glimpse of the Astrogator addon. Popped it up and - hey, it has all the dV for targeted transfer times! How convenient. It lists ~4712 m/s launch dV for 2.5 Gael, though with my crude flying I needed about 5,5k m/s. Well, good enough for me! I'll just tack on an extra tank just to be safe when planning trips to other bodies (read: the Gael moons, since I seem to only very rarely venture outside homeworld's SOI).

So, yes, if you are a lazy slob who can't be bothered to do deltaV calculations for each transfer (just like me!), shout out to @HebaruSan and his Astrogator. You da gator!

Out of curiosity, are there similar tools for calculating trip dV requirements? I know of Transfer Window Planner, however it excludes moons.

Edited by Mipe
Figuring user mentions out

24 minutes ago, Mipe said:

Hey. So.

I am using 2.5 ReScale config with GPP and I was wondering about acquiring proper Delta-V values for each body. Looking at the Delta-V map for "stock" GPP, I figured I can't use these nor can I just multiply them with 2.5. I consulted the in-game "wiki" (R&D archives), but their pages were empty. Is that normal? Or could it be ResearchBodies jealously prying the juicy infos away from my inquisitive eyes?

Just as I was starting to panic (Oh noes! I might actually have to do the maths!), I caught a glimpse of the Astrogator addon. Popped it up and - hey, it has all the dV for targeted transfer times! How convenient. It lists ~4712 m/s launch dV for 2.5 Gael, though with my crude flying I needed about 5,5k m/s. Well, good enough for me! I'll just tack on an extra tank just to be safe when planning trips to other bodies (read: the Gael moons, since I seem to only very rarely venture outside homeworld's SOI).

So, yes, if you are a lazy slob who can't be bothered to do deltaV calculations for each transfer (just like me!), shout out to @HebaruSan and his Astrogator. You da gator!

Out of curiosity, are there similar tools for calculating trip dV requirements? I know of Transfer Window Planner, however it excludes moons.

If you multiply all the dV values by the square root of the rescale, you should end up with the ballpark dV for the rescale.  So 3,200 m/s X 1.58 (the square root of 2.5) = 5,060 m/s to get to orbit in 2.5x.

14 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

If you multiply all the dV values by the square root of the rescale, you should end up with the ballpark dV for the rescale.  So 3,200 m/s X 1.58 (the square root of 2.5) = 5,060 m/s to get to orbit in 2.5x.

That is an awesome tidbit, thanks! Might want to jot it down somewhere visible...

Say...

Did Bob Kerman Gaelan retire or something? I needed a scientist for my next mission, so I thought "Time for Bob to shine!" and then find an empty cubicle where he used to be. Can't be that I lost him on a mission because so far in a new save I've only been using grinning Jeb.

All installed and sorted, very exciting. There were around 6-7 null refs just before loading->mainmenu, but you probably know that already.

To be clear, it seems like TextureReplacer is the only install where I had to take things from the GPP install them and sort of "merge" them into the mod's directory.  All other pieces seem to rely on the config files in the GPP directory.  Which means I can update the mod itself without losing the GPP config components, which was why you did it in the first place, iirc.

The scatterer install was only one that felt like I needed to do something else.  It's weird that the menu displayed points to the config in the scatter directory, yet the configs you need to worry about are in GPP.

Anyhow, many thanks to the developers.

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This is normal for the time being and happens at any non-stock biome. Kopernicus is unable to pass the biome name from localization tags to science parts. A similar problem should still be happening with SCANsat. 

I'm having the same problem as @Jetski, but I'm not sure I'm buying your explanation.  In our configs the displayName for biomes is commented out (see example below).  Because of the comment tags, Koperncus shouldn't even be trying to access the localization tags.  It's my understanding that without a displayName, it should be defaulting to "name".  But it's not even doing that.

biomeMap = GPP/GPP_Textures/PluginData/Iota_biome.png
			Biomes
			{
				Biome
				{
					name = Skids
					//displayName = #LOC_GPP_Planets_Biome_SkidsDisplayName
					value = 1
					color = #c6bfbf
				}

1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

I'm having the same problem as @Jetski, but I'm not sure I'm buying your explanation.  In our configs the displayName for biomes is commented out (see example below).  Because of the comment tags, Koperncus shouldn't even be trying to access the localization tags.  It's my understanding that without a displayName, it should be defaulting to "name".  But it's not even doing that.

biomeMap = GPP/GPP_Textures/PluginData/Iota_biome.png
			Biomes
			{
				Biome
				{
					name = Skids
					//displayName = #LOC_GPP_Planets_Biome_SkidsDisplayName
					value = 1
					color = #c6bfbf
				}

Also it seems to be intermittent - I haven't figured out a pattern yet.  But I have about 50 reports from Iota and Ceti landings, and the majority show up with the error as I flip through.  Never happens on the initial exploration of a planet - just on later review of the findings.

8 hours ago, Mipe said:

How convenient. It lists ~4712 m/s launch dV for 2.5 Gael

That's about the same number I've determined through my own experience.  With a well designed launcher and a good trajectory, I've been able to launch using about 4600-4700 m/s.  But not all my launches are that good, some launches are more like 4900-5000 m/s.

The SQRT(Rescale) trick works well for most of the transfer dV, but it apparently over estimates the Gael ascent dV (and probably the ascent dV for other planets as well).

Hi, ran into a minor issue.  I had a small OX solar panel pointed right at the sun in orbit around Gael.  It showed over.98 exposure and good energy flow, which was perfect.  The status read:"blocked by Gael" which was probably the exact opposite of the truth. Doesnt seem to affect the performance of the panel, just an odd status.

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Porter_John said:

This is gorgeous. 

Yeah it is! 

@Porter_John what mod did you use to prune your community tech tree of branches for mods you don't use? I find I don't use most of the tree and I forgot what you used.

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Gilph said:

Hi, ran into a minor issue.  I had a small OX solar panel pointed right at the sun in orbit around Gael.  It showed over.98 exposure and good energy flow, which was perfect.  The status read:"blocked by Gael" which was probably the exact opposite of the truth. Doesnt seem to affect the performance of the panel, just an odd status.

Thanks

Well GPP has > 1 star........so... Kopernicus. :sticktongue: I've seen this myself too.

@The-Doctor Look for the screenshots in RocketPCGaming's posts in this thread.

First launch in 2.5x (sandbox) before the science game starts. Forgot to turn off the ocean shader but I don't mind it... for now.

I don't think this plane can SSTO above stock scale. It was never meant to be an SSTO but I tested the waters...and nearly didn't cross them. 

(I tweaked the 2.5m engines to have a slightly longer stride)

oG4L5p8.jpg

NpdTBHA.jpg

fzIsni6.jpg