[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Personally I do and always did want Thalia to have lava oceans, ever since I had the idea to make it into the toasty death-trap that it is. For the heat effect to work it needs to and hence does have an ocean, but unless Galileo decides to change the visuals to make an ocean properly visible up-close and in scaledspace, the ocean remains hidden and unreachable.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hi folks,

I seem to have successfully installed GPP secondary with Stock and Galileo OPM. I also used the config that Galileo recently mentioned for visual mods. The only problem I have now is that Kerbin is very yellow hue in colour. Any tips?

Thanks again

Edited by Nomad867
Figured it out initial problem

59 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Unfortunately at this time, Kopernicus does not allow for bodies to have more than one liquid type on its surface. Either Gael has sea water oceans or the whole planet is covered in lava. Catch my drift? :D 

Well maybe... some men just want to watch the world burn. <_<

I have strategia installed before I started using GPP. I deleted the stock strategies disabler config so I can use both stock strategies and Strategia at the same time.

GPP seems to overwrite Strategia strategies as well as the stock strategies.

Is there a way to enable the stock strategies while keeping the GPP strategies intact?

I really do like Leadership Initiative strategy.

And I found a bug appears to occur on several planet packs.

Which is, when the vessel is loaded and activate the timewarp, the orbit is more likely to shift around (slightly change of orbital properties), as if the craft is teleporting. The orbit shifts more on high maxDelta time situation.

I discovered this issue on GPO planet pack days ago, first I thought its a GPO bug. However it also occurred  on GPP today, which leave me no idea what causes it.

22 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Which is, when the vessel is loaded and activate the timewarp, the orbit is more likely to shift around (slightly change of orbital properties), as if the craft is teleporting. The orbit shifts more on high maxDelta time situation.

I discovered this issue on GPO planet pack days ago, first I thought its a GPO bug. However it also occurred  on GPP today, which leave me no idea what causes it.

I am also seeing this. I see it when I click warp to a point. If I do normal time warp, I dont see it. Do you have a link to your mods so we can compare to see where the interaction might be? My mods are in this Google doc to my mod list

44 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

do you have Better Time Warp installed?

Edited by Galileo

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

Can you reproduce it in a clean game (one that has never had BTW installed) as it could be altering values that persist after it's removal. If you can, than bring it up on the Kopernicus thread.

I've brought this on Kopernicus thread few days ago, I was told to do exact same thing. However I cannot reproduce the issue in a clean game.

Is there a way to remove BTW completely without any "aftermath" like this.

I don want to reinstalled the whole game, there's just to much stuff

@JadeOfMaar

Spoiler

jkBpmPP.png

Spoiler

YTtGhV0.jpg

Spoiler

HmKMRkE.jpg

Spoiler

UUTLtr7.jpg

Spoiler

N8JxcnP.jpg

Spoiler

DPDjV9u.jpg

Spoiler

eYcfnEd.png??? :D 

5 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I've brought this on Kopernicus thread few days ago, I was told to do exact same thing. However I cannot reproduce the issue in a clean game.

Sometimes, its what needs to be done unfortunately. I wouldn't go from planet pack to planet pack calling it a bug though. There is nothing I can do in GPP, or another planet pack dev can do that can fix an lingering issue of another mod. Have you brought it up with the dev of BTW?

Edited by Galileo

15 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Try deleting Physics.cfg

26 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I had, the issue persists after I uninstalled it.

I had some issues with Better Time Warp too, here is how I fixed it:

1. reinstall BTW

2. make the settings all normal/stock again.

3. save game.

4. exit game and delete BTW.

5. restart game and test.

This worked for me.

But I have since reinstalled it :)

Edited by TheKurgan

23 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Try deleting Physics.cfg

Tried this, still persists

20 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I had some issues with Better Time Warp too, here is how I fixed it:

1. reinstall BTW

2. make the settings all normal/stock again.

3. save game.

4. exit game and delete BTW.

5. restart game and test.

This worked for me.

But I have since reinstalled it :)

Tried this too, the issue still persists

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

@JadeOfMaar

Reveal hidden contents

jkBpmPP.png

Reveal hidden contents

YTtGhV0.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

HmKMRkE.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

UUTLtr7.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

N8JxcnP.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

DPDjV9u.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

eYcfnEd.png??? :D 

Sometimes, its what needs to be done unfortunately. I wouldn't go from planet pack to planet pack calling it a bug though. There is nothing I can do in GPP, or another planet pack dev can do that can fix an lingering issue of another mod. Have you brought it up with the dev of BTW?

According to my tests its not a BTW issue. I have a clean KSP with only Mechjeb and BTW installed , and I cannot reproduce this issue.

Im gonna go through all my plugins and mods one by one and see what's causing it.

!!! EDIT: I have confirmed that is a sigma-dimension bug. After I removed Sigma folder and the Rescale folder from my heavily modded install, no orbit shifting !!!

Edited by Iso-Polaris

3 hours ago, TheCiroth said:

I am also seeing this. I see it when I click warp to a point. If I do normal time warp, I dont see it. Do you have a link to your mods so we can compare to see where the interaction might be? My mods are in this Google doc to my mod list

I don't think that's the same issue i had.

I just found out my issue is caused by sigma-dimension planet resize.

I think yours is node related, try to remove better burn time   and precise node

Edited by Iso-Polaris

So I have this balance issue which kinda breaks the early career progression.

Strategia "Private industry" strategies give way too much science per contract. And while for stock tech tree 1,5 points per unresearched node might make sense (even if imo still feels a bit op for early game), for CTT the science reward quickly scales into hundreds.

This is also connected to the fact that ANY commercial contract awards this amount of science: I can grab 4 "test at Launch site" contracts and immediately gain 600 science.

As you might understand, this can completely break game progression. You can end up in sandbox mode after an afternoon of grinding.

I still love the idea that commercial contracts reward science and stuff. So my suggestion is: instead of giving full reward for every contract, give a fraction of the full science "reward pool" based on the contract prestige and complexity. Like a world first contract would award 100%, while part testing at launch site, say 5-10%. 

For now, I've changed the multiplier from 1.5, 2 and 2,5 to 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3, respectively.

Hope this is not too confusing :) Some screenshots for illustration:

Spoiler

gtUwZaY.png

xdsw8AP.png

IV5yv7B.png

Edited by Yakvi