[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

@Motokid600 what version of Kopernicus are you using? Right now GPP only works with Kopernicus v1.3.0-4 (though an update is coming soon).

The reason I suspect Kopernicus is that v5 added in a bunch of new ring stuff which seems linked to the null-ref you're getting.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Hmm that may be it. I assumed the wiki guide automaticlaly linked to the intended version. I just scrolled down in the github and saw the -4 version. Im sure now I installed -6. Thank you. 

Edit:  Ehhh maybe i did install the right version. Re-installed -4 and I seem to still be getting the same error.

Edited by Motokid600

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Hmm that may be it. I assumed the wiki guide automaticlaly linked to the intended version. I just scrolled down in the github and saw the -4 version. Im sure now I installed -6. Thank you. 

Edit:  Ehhh maybe i did install the right version. Re-installed -4 and I seem to still be getting the same error.

You'll need to post some logs then

edit: whoops! disregard; I missed the last page

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Getting an NRE stating "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.Ring.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"   Any idea what that could be?      Output    Mod List  ( WIP - Still putting an install together, saw these errors during testing )    GPP Folder Setup

Remove all mods and only install GPP and it's dependencies and see if the issue persists. 

I just loaded up GPP with all of its optional mods to include EVE and Scatterer and it runs without any nre's at all, so I wonder what the issue could be. 

When in doubt though, just remove everything except a fresh GPP, then add your mods made a handful at a time until the issue pops up again.

Ill try a fresh install. Its not quite an issue. As far as I can tell there is no performance impact. Just a fly in the ointment more like. Dont like seeing red when im not even a 1/4 down the plugin library :P

Edited by Motokid600

"One small step for a whole bunch of missed snacks". These were the words that sounded through GSC, as Seanny Gaelan was making his first steps through Iota. Van Hellsing mark VI has finally reached its destination. 

Building a lifter capable of bringing up around 37 tons of payload to real-scale LGO revealed to be a truly titanic task. It took a lot of iterations, testing, explosions and, most of all, wasted delta V. 

At launch, Mark VI weighs 1,839t and stands 133,7 meters tall. Its first stage is pushed by Mammoth and 4 Czar engines from BDB, as well as by 4 Twin Boars as boosters. The three stages deliver 12,212 m/s dV to its 37t Alucard and Helsing Lander modules. There's enough supplies and habitation to sustain three gaelnauts for over a month. 

Yeah, it's a bit of overkill, especially with LS, but totally worth it. 

Some screenshots from various launches below, full project gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/bXvl8

KRps4Qk.png

EzdngdJ.png

uNk2WiD.pngrl1iUBE.png

WPdWmk1.png

1IXMYlr.png

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It's a kopernicus issue that happens when giving you star an atmo. No fix :/ 

Ah, a shame. Still, I don't expect anyone to fly into my red giant any time soon :wink:

Thanks, the black outline is fixed. Still getting this funky issue, though

Si15kl6.png

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Ah, a shame. Still, I don't expect anyone to fly into my red giant any time soon :wink:

Si15kl6.png

I dunno. Might be something with the settings?? Stars, in my experience, just need to continuously be played with to get it to look right.

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

Agreed. It might be it's huge radius... Which would be a real bummer since it's a red giant and swelled up...

Also, for your first issue, adding sigma dimensions seems to fix it for me. So something that is done in that mod is the answer lol

Edited by Galileo

21 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Also, for your first issue, adding sigma dimensions seems to fix it for me. So something that is done in that mod is the answer lol

I think I found the problem - it's the corona

P3xcH4y.png

Scaling the star means the corona ever so slightly clashes with the flat mesh, which is probably like merging to parts together in the SPH.

32 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I think I found the problem - it's the corona

P3xcH4y.png

Scaling the star means the corona ever so slightly clashes with the flat mesh, which is probably like merging to parts together in the SPH.

I would compare your corona with the ones I have in GPP and or SVT I think the spacing in the texture is key

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Si15kl6.png

that white effect cannot be removed as far as I can tell

(even stock ksp has it)

the only way around that is to hide it using the brightness curve (like they do in stock)

6 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

that white effect cannot be removed as far as I can tell

(even stock ksp has it)

the only way around that is to hide it using the brightness curve (like they do in stock)

I think he was referring to the odd effect on the outer portion of the star, which is caused by the corona texture clipping the star

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I think he was referring to the odd effect on the outer portion of the star, which is caused by the corona texture clipping the star

I was referring to that effect as well

Edited by Sigma88

3 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Does the modular flight integrator that comes with kopernicus 1.3.0-4. need to be used? Im using the one that comes with FAR. Annnd my text is purple...

lol I assume they are the latest version and are the same. I haven't checked though. Kopernicus is known to ship slightly outdated dependencies, but I think the last few updates were up to date 

Edited by Galileo

Hmm. Because I got a fresh install with GPP and Im still getting that NRE. I installed the texture pack before dropping in Kopernicus. Could that harm anything? Dont see how... this is just the basic installation.

Edited by Motokid600

I'm working on a version of Flyby Finder just for 10.625x GPP. A question-I'm using my RO mods and configs so I'm sticking with KSP 1.2.2 and therefore GPP 1.2.3 for now.  I see no .cfg changes to the planet orbit parameters in stock or 10.625x between the GPP1.2.3 and 1.4 versions. (Things related to rotation don't matter to FF.) Is there anything that isn't visible in the rescale files that changed between the two? For instance the atmosphere heights get multiplied by 1.8 in 1.2.3 but I can't see that number in the rescale files or Sigma configs. I can't think of much else that could have changed, but I got thrown for a loop when KSP slightly changed the value of big G a couple of versions ago. I'd like to be able to claim FF GPP 10.625x is good for both 1.2.3 and 1.4 without having to build a KSP1.3 RO setup.

Tellumo is awesome in 10.625x, that giant rock can throw you all over the place. For 4800m/s from a 200km orbit you can go Gael-Tellumo-Niven-Icarus (though you'll fly by Icarus at 27 km/s). But how will one return from a trip to Tellumo's surface?!?