[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I used a program called 'Pano2VR'. It is very useful, one of the tools it features is the ability to rotate the input texture around a sphere using offset and roll and then the ability to export said texture.

oh, thank you!

16 hours ago, Sahadara said:

When in orbit of Lili, my ship teleports to random points along its orbit whenever I turn on time warp. Is this a known issue? Clean install btw.

Edit: I tried moving Lili into a higher orbit which made the effect smaller but it's still there. So I think it's to do with Lili being so close to Tellumo. Going to see now if it produces anything noticeable in the log.

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Sahadara i'm sure this is a minor computational issue that happens sporadically, and regardless of GPP's presence in th install. It may be due to some issue unique to your CPU and KSP...?

Yes, it happens. Yesterday, I was going to Iota, during time warp, it jumped well behind Iota. Thankfully I had way too much Fuel in the sat so I was able to make an adjustment. I've seen this happen a LOT in stock. Do you have Better Time Warp installed? That has been known to cause some issues with jumping

On 9/30/2017 at 4:33 PM, fwdixon said:

no worries. I was more wondering if it was technically possible. Knowing that it is, I may delve in to in a bit on my own as an academic curiosity. 

If you do make it happen, please let me know. The realization that OPM can be used to get planets around Grannus is absolutely awesome, but I'd love to have some terrestrial bodies there too and the stock system seems great for that.

18 hours ago, Sahadara said:

When in orbit of Lili, my ship teleports to random points along its orbit whenever I turn on time warp. Is this a known issue? Clean install btw.

Edit: I tried moving Lili into a higher orbit which made the effect smaller but it's still there. So I think it's to do with Lili being so close to Tellumo. Going to see now if it produces anything noticeable in the log.

I discovered that this issue is actually due to Hyperedit, which I've been using to test some things before I start playing. Turns out hyperediting directly into orbit messes thing up. Quicksaving and reloading once while in orbit fixes the issue. This totally removed the issue with Lili.

20 hours ago, Sahadara said:

This happens frequently for me.  Not just Lili and not just GPP.

1 hour ago, NateisKerbal said:

This is my planned PC build:
i5-7600k
MSI GTX 1060 6GB 
8GB DDR4 RAM

How many frames will I get with this mod and all of its required mods?

Probably around 40 fps give or take a few. In scaled space, you can expect 60+.

you will need more ram though. 16gb minimum 

57 minutes ago, Akke_Pakke said:

Hi, any news of compatibility with 1.3.1? Can i update?

55 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@Akke_Pakke You can try it, but make a copy of your game first. 

49 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It should work, just ignore the warnings for incompatible versions of KSP

I noticed Kopernicus was updated to 1.3.1-1.  Will/does that have an effect on GPP compatibility?  I'm not concerned about it myself, since I'll stay on 1.3.0 until all the mods I use are updated, but I figured the question would be asked at some point, so why not now?

Edit: Correction: it's now at 1.3.1-2

Edited by MaxxQ

OK, asking here cuz I'm impatient: how does one go about adding/adjusting resources to a planet, as Galileo & crew have already done? Specifically, I'm trying to make oxygen & nitrogen collectible on my Rald as they are on Gael. Adding accessible water to a planet half-covered in, well, water, would be nice too.

7 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

OK, asking here cuz I'm impatient: how does one go about adding/adjusting resources to a planet, as Galileo & crew have already done? Specifically, I'm trying to make oxygen & nitrogen collectible on my Rald as they are on Gael. Adding accessible water to a planet half-covered in, well, water, would be nice too.

@JadeOfMaar would probably be able to oblige :) 

@Gilph Can you do an ultra-low flyby and avoid its atmo by a hair's width? :P 

- - - -

I felt like showing off for the heck of it. So I built this just to wave the Gael/Niven flag around and shine lots of lights.

Practical wise, this can cruise at Mach 2 and has a Buffalo rover inside. (No spaceplane engines have been unlocked yet so no blistering speed can be promised. :P )

3p2MyC2.jpg

And in pure, wicked hope that I can disorient some people, I mean this crazy idea came to mind; to get a screenshot at this funky angle of 4 Gaeleans returning from the first ever manned mission: science ops in Low Gael Orbit.

O29BY8w.jpg

Spoiler

W39qlHQ.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar