[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

5 hours ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

@Gordon Fecyk Can you make some changes to the atmosphere thickness, right now it takes about this much to get something off off the launchpad: http://prntscr.com/h3euqw

Changing the atmosphere defeats the purpose, I think, of making Tellumo the home world.  In my mind the reason for making the switch is exactly because Tellumo has a thick atmosphere and high gravity.  It provides a much greater challenge not found on Gael.  I wouldn't want to make Tellumo the home world just for a change of scenery.

1 hour ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

@Gordon FecykBut the problem is, when launching a rocket with the previous settings, A whole lot of rockets have 0 ISP and 0KN thrust at the level the ksc is. Is there a way to make the ISP counters more normal, because otherwise it would be completely impossible to do career? And how do you change contract rewards? Because the gains you get now are OP...

That's why I planned to modify all the engines for a Tellumo home world edition.  We shouldn't go and change the planet to make it easier, we should reengineer the parts so they work better on the planet we call home.  The changes would have to be similar to what I did in the mod Eve Optimized Engines.  All I did for EOE was to change the engine ISP curves and thrusts to what they would be if the nozzles were adapted for the high ambient pressure on Eve.  The engines of EOE also work pretty well on Tellumo, so I would recommend it as a stop gap measure.

In the meantime, I'll revisit the engine modifications that I made way back in January when we first talked about a Tellumo option.  Maybe I can pull that information together and come up with some sort of Tellumo Optimized Engines package.  I know I had a plan for what I wanted to do, I just have to try to remember what it was.  Of course at that time we talked about placing KSC at an elevation of about 2000 m as I recall.  Gordon has KSC closer to sea level, so that may changes things.

@Gordon Fecyk, if I'm able to put together this engine package, do you think we could bundle it into your Tellumo download?  I'm not sure how much sense it makes to release it separately because it doesn't serve much purpose without Tellumo being the home world.

3 hours ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

So what I suggest, is that we have 2 versions; a nerd version and an easier version (with a normal atmosphere and maybe a bit harder gravity) to make people play the planet pack in a more fun and interesting way. Because the thing with Gael is, it plays just like a reskinned kerbin in my opinion, the planet is almost the same size, the escape velocity is close to the same. So by playing on a completely different body with comepletely different characteristics, would refresh players to come back and play career once again but in a different and a bit more challenging way. It doesn't have to be completely reaslistic, because that would be really difficult to balance. The nerd version is the normal unchanged tellumo

Gael was designed to play just like Kerbin.  We wanted to retain that familiarity.  It differs from Kerbin in appearance only.  The only thing we did to make it a little harder was to move KSC off the equator.  Where we wanted to provide something different is with the other planets, so that's where we tried to provide some variation and challenges not found in the stock game.

If you want something different from Gael but not as difficult as Tellumo, why not just make a mod that changes Gael.  It would be very easy to change Gael's physical properties to give it just a little more gravity or a little thicker atmosphere, or whatever.  We don't have to go all the way to Tellumo to make those changes.  I just seems to me that the reason for switching the home world to Tellumo is for Tellumo, not for some modified version of Tellumo.

Edited by OhioBob

2 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Changing the atmosphere defeats the purpose, I think, of making Tellumo the home world.  In my mind the reason for making the switch is exactly because Tellumo has a thick atmosphere and high gravity.  It provides a much greater challenge not found on Gael.  I wouldn't want to make Tellumo the home world just for a change of scenery.

That's why I planned to modify all the engines for a Tellumo home world edition.  We shouldn't go and change the planet to make it easier, we should reengineer the parts so they work better on the planet we call home.  The changes would have to be similar to what I did in the mod Eve Optimized Engines.  All I did for EOE was to change the engine ISP curves and thrusts to what they would be if the nozzles were adapted for the high ambient pressure on Eve.  The engines of EOE also work pretty well on Tellumo, so I would recommend it as a stop gap measure.

In the meantime, I'll revisit the engine modifications that I made way back in January when we first talked about a Tellumo option.  Maybe I can pull that information together and come up with some sort of Tellumo Optimized Engines package.  I know I had a plan for what I wanted to do, I just have to try to remember what it was.  Of course at that time we talked about placing KSC at an elevation of about 2000 m as I recall.  Gordon has KSC closer to sea level, so that may changes things.

@Gordon Fecyk, if I'm able to put together this engine package, do you think we could bundle it into your Tellumo download?  I'm not sure how much sense it makes to release it separately because it doesn't serve much purpose without Tellumo being the home world.

Dear @OhioBob and @Gordon Fecyk

Only an engine modification wouldn't cut it right, because people will try to add some mods just to realise that their engines wouldn't work properly or at all. That means you would have to make a config that changes ALL the engines in the game including engines that would be added by mod makers, another option would be to move the KSC to an elevation, I tried it and moved the ksc up to 8km by changing a little settings, even though it didn't look so pretty (http://prntscr.com/h3iabk) It does make it more possible, considering that most of the terrain on Tellumo is rather high, you could move the KSC to a different location. But this would still make it rather awkward to do a career in. 

7 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

if I'm able to put together this engine package, do you think we could bundle it into your Tellumo download?  I'm not sure how much sense it makes to release it separately because it doesn't serve much purpose without Tellumo being the home world.

There will be other planet packs with super dense atmospheres with obscene pressures. Think Venus in RSS for instance.

Yes otherwise, you can bundle your future Tellumo Optimized Engines with that package. Maybe I should start a repository after all.

Might I also suggest taking a look at how Alien Space Programs lets a user change the home world with a single configuration line? Pinging @GregroxMun for this. He managed a fair bit of Module Manager magic to pull that off. This way it could be bundled with GPP, and maybe you could introduce other options, like Niven Space Program, Cursed Pirate Base (Thalia Space Program), Super-BadS Mode (Catullus Space Program), Tharsis on Tarsiss (Tarsiss Space Program), or some such.

I did manage to get a Tier Five rocket to orbit, barely, with a version of the monstrosity I developed for this.

39 minutes ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

it is easier to build ssto's because of the rediculous amount of lift you get

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :sticktongue:

Um, sorry about that. It isn't that easy to make a SSTO for Tellumo even with modded jets. The fastest stock jet is the Rapier in air breathing mode, and that tops out at Mach 5. You'll need to hit close to Mach 15 on rockets to reach orbit around Tellumo, and a craft will either melt before getting that fast, or will kiss the edge of space with way too little speed and then become a lawn dart on the way back down. My last attempt didn't end well.

I've also tried building SSTOs to work from Eve using Explodium Breathing Engines, and haven't quite managed. In Eve's case I'd need to reach Mach 11 before melting in Eve's thermosphere. Though I haven't yet tried it with a realistic atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

There will be other planet packs with super dense atmospheres with obscene pressures. Think Venus in RSS for instance.

Yes otherwise, you can bundle your future Tellumo Optimized Engines with that package. Maybe I should start a repository after all.

The reason I'm not sure my engine package would be appropriate as a separate release is because it takes a different approach to the problem than I did with Eve Optimized Engines.  EOE assumes that Kerbin is the home world (or a similar planet like Gael).  All the engines in the inventory are designed for beings that make their home on Kerbin.  There only needs to be a select few engines designed for other environments.  EOE includes only six engines, which provides plenty of options for an Eve mission.

However, the approach I took with my Tellumo engine package is that Tellumo is now the home world.  The thought process behind engine design must change.  All the booster engines are now designed with the primary goal of launching from Tellumo.  If Tellumo engineers want to send a mission to the surface of Gael, they'll need to produce some engines that will work there, but just a few will do it.  The bulk of the inventory takes a Tellumo-first approach.  I also completely redesigned SRBs specifically for Tellumo.

25 minutes ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

Dear @OhioBob and @Gordon Fecyk

Only an engine modification wouldn't cut it right, because people will try to add some mods just to realise that their engines wouldn't work properly or at all. That means you would have to make a config that changes ALL the engines in the game including engines that would be added by mod makers, another option would be to move the KSC to an elevation, I tried it and moved the ksc up to 8km by changing a little settings, even though it didn't look so pretty (http://prntscr.com/h3iabk) It does make it more possible, considering that most of the terrain on Tellumo is rather high, you could move the KSC to a different location. But this would still make it rather awkward to do a career in. 

That's a problem, but it's nothing new.  I can think of a lot of mods that won't work with others unless specific support is provided.  For instance, a new engine pack won't work with Real Plume until somebody writes a cfg for it.  Real Plume includes a whole folder full of cfgs to make it work with various engine packs.  A Tellumo home world package would have to do the same.  I started with just the stock engines, but over time support could be expanded to include other engines.  And we wouldn't have to do ALL the engines.  If an engine pack isn't supported, you just can't use it.  Tough luck.  Engine makers could also provide they're own cfgs if they wanted their engines included.

Personally, I wouldn't like the idea of moving KSC up to an extreme altitude; it takes away the challenge.  We were originally targeting something around 2,000-2,500 m because at that altitude the atmospheric pressure has dropped to about 5 atm.  That's the same as Eve sea level, so some experienced players might already know what to expect.

2 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

Might I also suggest taking a look at how Alien Space Programs lets a user change the home world with a single configuration line? Pinging @GregroxMun for this. He managed a fair bit of Module Manager magic to pull that off. This way it could be bundled with GPP, and maybe you could introduce other options, like Niven Space Program, Cursed Pirate Base (Thalia Space Program), Super-BadS Mode (Catullus Space Program), Tharsis on Tarsiss (Tarsiss Space Program), or some such.

I did manage to get a Tier Five rocket to orbit, barely, with a version of the monstrosity I developed for this.

You can attempt to set up an alien space programs config for Tellurmo--though as of yet I haven't attempted to ASP a mod planet that doesn't have the (easy to work with) Kerbin template. The difference is that you have to account for both changes in template and the mod's changes from the template.

Edited by GregroxMun

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

difference is that you have to account for both changes in template and the mod's changes from the template.

I was thinking more about the logic you added to switch between home worlds with a single configuration line. If I can make a home world configuration for Tellumo, I can do it for any of the GPP worlds. (I had a good teacher. :wink:) But the home world switching? That's new.

All I did for Tellumo was what you did for Eve before ASP 1.0. It did take a few tries; my first few attempts put the KSC in an artificial crater in the middle of a mountain range. Once I got the placement OK, the rest fell into place. If anything, it was easier since Gael used a clean slate that happened to use the Kerbin template. I could use the Laythe template for Gael and it'd still be Gael, and then any other world could become 'Kerbin' as long as only that world used the Kerbin template.

4 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :sticktongue:

Um, sorry about that. It isn't that easy to make a SSTO for Tellumo even with modded jets. The fastest stock jet is the Rapier in air breathing mode, and that tops out at Mach 5. You'll need to hit close to Mach 15 on rockets to reach orbit around Tellumo, and a craft will either melt before getting that fast, or will kiss the edge of space with way too little speed and then become a lawn dart on the way back down. My last attempt didn't end well.

I've also tried building SSTOs to work from Eve using Explodium Breathing Engines, and haven't quite managed. In Eve's case I'd need to reach Mach 11 before melting in Eve's thermosphere. Though I haven't yet tried it with a realistic atmosphere.

SSTO from Eve/Tellumo is indeed nearly impossible. You'd need a parts pack that players will generally cry "cheaty/OP" at --any mod that clearly discards fidelity to stock engine performance limits.

I've developed a pair of jet engines to make this much easier, and gave them some appropriate nerfs to ensure that they don't make the job a cake walk. At the end of the day I still needed (in most cases) an inflating heatshield for the nose cone, and some epic vacuum engines as well, since any air-breathing engine flames out indefinitely at around 22km up on Tellumo, and the mass of the craft is still more important than anything else.

Is it plausible to produce an Explodium air-augmented rocket or scramjet? I'm pretty sure that kind of technology would be realized with much more passion by beings native to a high-gee world than natives to the likes of Earth/Kerbin.

If it breaks Mach 6, be sure I'd like to play with it.

5 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

like Niven Space Program, Cursed Pirate Base (Thalia Space Program), Super-BadS Mode (Catullus Space Program), Tharsis on Tarsiss (Tarsiss Space Program), or some such.

I think Thalia Space Program would be the super-badS one. Thalia is just as punishing as Tellumo in its own ways, whereas Catullus is just big and far from Ciro. (Catullus has just 0.9 geeASL. That's not scary to seasoned players.)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Is it plausible to produce an Explodium air-augmented rocket or scramjet?

I don't know about Explodium air-augmented, but air-augmented in general... maybe something that uses part oxidizer, part intake air, to increase efficiency? That way you'd get away with less oxidizer mass at take-off. What about an intake or harvester that gathered oxidizer from the air, or a combination harvester / converter that collected intake air and converted it to oxidizer at the expense of electric charge? You can still get intake air at higher altitudes and speeds up to a point. The inverse on Eve or Catullus may be possible by converting explodium vapour to usable liquid fuel.

Perhaps some kerbalized air-augmented rocket or liquid air cycle engine could do it. I don't know if the gains in gathering propellant would offset the cost of additional mass for the converters. But this is digressing from GPP discussion. I think I'll go start a thread in a more appropriate section. 

1 minute ago, captinjoehenry said:

Hey I just started using this mod and I am really enjoying it a ton!  Only thing that is bothering me is I can't for the life of me find the volcano biome on Gael.  Its not really an issue but I would like to know where the darn thing is so I could visit it :P

You know that big mountain right next to the KSC? I’d start there.

3 minutes ago, captinjoehenry said:

Hey I just started using this mod and I am really enjoying it a ton!  Only thing that is bothering me is I can't for the life of me find the volcano biome on Gael.  Its not really an issue but I would like to know where the darn thing is so I could visit it :P

Join the club.  I was looking for that biome for about a year.  Then I stumbled upon it while launching into a polar orbit one day.  Mother of all face-palms. :wink:

@Gordon Fecyk I don't think we're going far off-topic. GPP is still part of this conversation. We're talking about engines to add ease to ascent from the likes of Tellumo. :) LACE sounds like a great idea, and there should be plenty opportunity to exploit that in GPP. I've already developed a LACE alike intake which first harvests Liquid Oxygen from an atmosphere and converts it to Oxidizer at the cost of ElectricCharge and a minimum required surface velocity.  It just has one issue in it: it gathers Liquid Oxygen in every atmosphere.

Oh on the subject matter of SSTO spaceplanes for Tellumo I made a mod that could prove useful:

It adds basicly active cooling to all aero parts which will quite handily protect your space plane against hyper sonic speeds easily above mach 13.  As it is at that point the issue more becomes the engines burning up.  If there is interest in using my mod please provide feedback as I am almost 100% sure it is unbalanced right now so feedback is very welcome.

38 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've already developed a LACE alike intake which first harvests Liquid Oxygen from an atmosphere and converts it to Oxidizer at the cost of ElectricCharge and a minimum required surface velocity.  It just has one issue in it: it gathers Liquid Oxygen in every atmosphere.

I thought about doing this and knocked out a comparably simple converter part. It uses the Engine Pre-cooler model from the stock game.

Spoiler

PART
{
	name = airCompressor
	module = Part
	author = gordonf
	rescaleFactor = 1
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 1
	TechRequired = hypersonicFlight
	entryCost = 6200
	cost = 1650
	category = Aero
	subcategory = 0
	title = Intake Air Compressor
	manufacturer = Kanadian Tire
	description = This separates oxygen from intake air and compresses it into oxidizer. Allows rocket engines to work with surrounding air in addition to, or instead of, oxidizer in tanks. Requires air intakes, sold separately.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
	mass = 0.15
	dragModelType = default
	thermalMassModifier = 1.5
	skinMassPerArea = 2
	emissiveConstant = 0.95
	heatConductivity = 0.24
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.3
	angularDrag = 1
	crashTolerance = 10
	maxTemp = 2000 // = 2900
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf
	tags = #autoLOC_500726 //#autoLOC_500726 = aero (air aircraft breathe cone fligh fuel inlet intake jet oxygen plane suck supersonic tank
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/Nacelle2
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter
		ConverterName = #autoLOC_502035 //#autoLOC_502035 = Oxidizer
		StartActionName = Start Compressor
		StopActionName = Stop Compressor
		AutoShutdown = false
		TemperatureModifier
		{
			key = 0 100000 0 0
			key = 4000 100000 0 0
		}				
		GeneratesHeat = false
		DefaultShutoffTemp = .8
		ThermalEfficiency 
		{
			key = 0 1.0 0 0
			key = 3000 1.0 0 0 
		}

UseSpecialistBonus = false
		SpecialistEfficiencyFactor = 0.2
		SpecialistBonusBase = 0.05
		UseSpecialistHeatBonus = true
		SpecialistHeatFactor = 0.1
		ExperienceEffect = ConverterSkill

EfficiencyBonus = 1

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = IntakeAir
			Ratio = 10
			FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Oxidizer
			Ratio = 2
			DumpExcess = true
			FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		}
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = IntakeAir
		amount = 5
		maxAmount = 5
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 5
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateHeat
		ThermalAnim = Nacelle2Heat
	}
}

Rather than be an intake on its own, it will use stock intakes for its source of intake air. This should make sure it only operates in an oxygen atmosphere. I tested it a moment ago with a pair of small intakes and a pair of Boa (low expansion Spark) engines, and it seems to work OK.

It has a small reservoir for oxidizer, but if you want to gather it in flight you'll need oxidizer tanks. It is also probably very unbalanced; I don't yet know if I can control the rate of conversion depending on intake air speed or not, and it might steal needed intake air from jet engines. It uses a very simple conversion rate of ten IA to two OX, assuming 21% O2. But it's a start.

13 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I don't yet know if I can control the rate of conversion depending on intake air speed or not, and it might steal needed intake air from jet engines.

I've already confirmed the technique for using the craft's velocity to control conversion rate. The key is in the machCurve for the discreet intake for the intermediate resource (Liquid Oxygen) and to have the associated converter always-on. But, again, the intake will work in every atmosphere and that needs to fix.

Spoiler

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceIntake
		resourceName = IntakeAir
		checkForOxygen = true
		area = 0.015
		intakeSpeed = 20
		intakeTransformName = Intake
		machCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.8
			key = 1 1
			key = 3 2
			key = 8 0.1
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		resourceName = IntakeAtm
		checkForOxygen = false
		area = 0.015
		intakeSpeed = 20
		intakeTransformName = Intake
		machCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.8
			key = 1 1
			key = 3 2
			key = 8 0.1
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		resourceName = LqdOxygen
		checkForOxygen = true
		area = 0.015
		intakeSpeed = 20
		machCurve
		{
			key = 2.5 0
			key = 4 0.5
		}
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = IntakeAir
		amount = 2
		maxAmount = 2
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = IntakeAtm
		amount = 2
		maxAmount = 2
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdOxygen
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 300
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter
		AlwaysActive = true
		ConverterName = Atmosphere Distiller
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecialistBonus = false
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = LqdOxygen
			Ratio = 19.47
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 5
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Oxidizer
			Ratio = 5
		}
	}

Introducing Tellumo Optimized Engines, designed exclusively for use with @Gordon Fecyk's Tellumo Space Program.

Tellumo Optimized Engines modifies the game's LF Engines and SRBs to improve their performance in the high ambient pressure environment of the planet Tellumo.  The engine modifications are based on real life engineering practices, it's not a cheat.  The improvement in high pressure performance comes at the sacrifice of lower vacuum performance.

The only engines changed are those intended for use as a first stage booster.  Those intended for vacuum or near vacuum environments are unchanged.  Some engines have two versions, a HP (high pressure) version for use deep in Tellumo's atmosphere, and a LP (low pressure) version for use at higher elevation or in environments having atmospheric pressures similar to the planet Gael.  The LP versions are the same engines found in the stock game.  The Reliant has been transformed into a Tellumo booster with thrust vectoring, while the Swivel retains its stock specifications.

Solid rocket boosters have undergone a major overhaul.  SRBs in the stock game have performances that fall well below those in real life.  With such poor performance, SRBs would prove virtually worthless on Tellumo.  To maintain the usefulness of SRBs, their specific impulses have been elevated to real life performance.  Thrusts have also been increased to provide adequate thrust-to-weight ratio in Tellumo's high gravity.  There have also been some rebalancing of dry mass and propellant load.  To account for the improved performance and maintain cost balance, SRBs are now significantly more expensive than their stock counterparts.

Download

Engine packs currently supported

• Stock KSP
  • Porkjet's Part Overhaul

Edited by OhioBob

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

the intake will work in every atmosphere and that needs to fix.

This part is three intakes in one. Does it take in all three resources at once? I wonder if having IntakeAtm in there with checkForOxygen=false is impacting the other intake modules. This was a problem for ExV intakes as well, until you showed me how to use ModuleResourceHarvester instead.

Would it be overpowered to take the air compressor I made, and have it produce 12 OX/s with 60 Intake Air/s? I'll have to figure out how much electric charge that would require. 12 OX/sec would feed a Rapier or Aerospike at full thrust roughly. Hm, an air-augmented Rapier might be the ticket off Tellumo if it can be balanced.

8 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Introducing Tellumo Optimized Engines, design exclusively for use with @Gordon Fecyk's Tellumo Space Program.

Tellumo Optimized Engines modifies the game's LF Engines and SRBs to improve their performance in the high ambient pressure environment of the planet Tellumo.  The engine modifications are based on real life engineering practices, it's not a cheat.  The improvement in high pressure performance comes at the sacrifice of lower vacuum performance.

The only engines changed are those intended for use as a first stage booster.  Those intended for vacuum or near vacuum environments are unchanged.  Some engines have two versions, a HP (high pressure) version for use deep in Tellumo's atmosphere, and a LP (low pressure) version for use at higher elevation or in environments having atmospheric pressures similar to the planet Gael.  The LP versions are the same engines found in the stock game.  The Reliant has been transformed into a Tellumo booster with thrust vectoring, while the Swivel retains its stock specifications.

Solid rocket boosters have undergone a major overhaul.  SRBs in the stock game have performances that fall well below those in real life.  With such poor performance, SRBs would prove virtually worthless on Tellumo.  To maintain the usefulness of SRBs, their specific impulses have been elevated to real life performance.  Thrusts have also been increased to provide adequate thrust-to-weight ratio in Tellumo's high gravity.  There have also been some rebalancing of dry mass and propellant load.  To account for the improved performance and maintain cost balance, SRBs are now significantly more expensive than their stock counterparts.

Download

Engine packs currently supported

• Stock KSP
  • Porkjet's Part Overhaul

The engines work wonderfully, I made a rocket and launched it to 'lill'  (with the standard config from @Gordon Fecyk)(http://prntscr.com/h3vqqg). We should make a github page for tellumo space program, because it is actually really fun, we only need to tweak science and contract payouts! I am actually really excited, because if other mod makers like spaceY heavy lifters could make a config for tellumo optimized engines. And we could add some other stock engines to the configs, we would have a fully playable mod!

15 minutes ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

The engines work wonderfully, I made a rocket and launched it to 'lill'  (with the standard config from @Gordon Fecyk)(http://prntscr.com/h3vqqg). We should make a github page for tellumo space program, because it is actually really fun, we only need to tweak science and contract payouts! I am actually really excited, because if other mod makers like spaceY heavy lifters could make a config for tellumo optimized engines. And we could add some other stock engines to the configs, we would have a fully playable mod!

We have a optional mods folder in the GPP repo that this will likely make its way into. No need for another repo to keep track of. It is pretty cool though

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

...because if other mod makers like spaceY heavy lifters could make a config for tellumo optimized engines.

For the first release I just bundled what I had from 10 months ago when we first thought of the idea for a Tellumo home world game.  What you see is as far as I got, but it was my intent to eventually add a cfg for SpaceY lifters.  I'll probably still get around to it, but I'm kind of busy with other stuff right now.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

We have a optional mods folder in the GPP repo that this will likely make its way into. No need for another repo to keep track of. It is pretty cool though

Assuming we eventually add it to GPP, I do recommend that we find a higher elevation for the space center.  Tellumo's air pressure drops to 5 atm at an altitude of about 2,230 meters.  At that height liquid-fueled engines will get a boost of about 20% versus sea level in both thrust and ISP, and SRBs will improve by about 1/3.  That will make the game much more playable.  Still a challenge but at least players will have a fighting chance.  And I'm sure Kerbals are smart enough to figure out that higher is better.

BTW, if Kerbals living on Gael are Gaeleans, what are Kerbals living on Tellumo?

Edited by OhioBob