[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

I finally did it, I landed on Tellumo, planted a flag, and got back to a safe orbit. After a refueling I made it all the way back home as well.

Ended up making my very first space plane to accomplish this task.

Has anyone actually been able to conquer Tellumo with a regular rocket (if that is even possible)?

Edited by MechBFP

9 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Has anyone actually been able to conquer Tellumo with a regular rocket (if that is even possible)?

Two guys did it with pure stock, yes. They took advantage of a secret hiding in plane sight.

Congrats on nailing Tellumo, dude.

Now go and do the next best thing: Plant a flag on Catullus.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Two guys did it with pure stock, yes. They took advantage of a secret hiding in plane sight.

Congrats on nailing Tellumo, dude.

Now go and do the next best thing: Plant a flag on Catullus.

I have a question, I saw the ssrss thread closed but saw no explanation, is it discontinued? I tried messaging Galileo but he is very busy I bet, do you know anything?

2 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

Just wondering, are you avoiding adding custom science definitions for non-Gael stuff because it takes an unnecessary amount of work to write or an unnecessary amount of work to implement? Or both?

Both. We have had people come aboard the dev team to just write the defs, only to disappearing after the Gael system :(

Very random question... but has anyone had a thing where the skybox doesn't rotate when you're landed and timewarping? It's fine in space... May be nothing to do with GPP, but there's so many configs touching different things in here that I thought it worth asking :) 

*edit* Of course it's fine in space... the skybox is the one fixed point in an otherwise relative universe. Too late at night, need beer and sleep.

Edited by eddiew

Could anyone help me with this? Attempted to install the planet pack on a fresh 1.3.1 installation, placed the GPP file in GameData, inserted the textures folder into the GPP file, installed Kopernicus in GameData, installed ModuleManager and ModularFlightIntegreator in GameData, yet whenever I boot the game, no textures or meshes load for any of the new planets. I've triple checked to see if the textures are installed and they are, yet they're failing to load.

1 hour ago, Phosphorus51 said:

Could anyone help me with this? Attempted to install the planet pack on a fresh 1.3.1 installation, placed the GPP file in GameData, inserted the textures folder into the GPP file, installed Kopernicus in GameData, installed ModuleManager and ModularFlightIntegreator in GameData, yet whenever I boot the game, no textures or meshes load for any of the new planets. I've triple checked to see if the textures are installed and they are, yet they're failing to load.

Did you run the game once *bone stock* first?

13 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Did you run the game once *bone stock* first?

That seemed to work. Thanks!

Though now the mod seems to be an extra-solar system instead of replacing all of the stock planets.

Edit: Never mind. I fixed it.

Edited by Phosphorus51

Hello everyone!

I'm back playing the game! And, of course, I'm playing GPP (there is no going back) :). Just wanted to say hi, and ask a non-gpp question I don't know where to ask.

This is the question: I have a mission that says tourists should take photos on the surface of Iota. Does anyone know how to do that or know what mod gave me the mission so I can ask on the correct thread? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Luovahulluus said:

This is the question: I have a mission that says tourists should take photos on the surface of Iota. Does anyone know how to do that or know what mod gave me the mission so I can ask on the correct thread? Thanks!

Not sure the only contract pack I've used that involves tourists is the Tourism Contract Pack but I can't recall it mentioning photos and I just had a quick look through its files but couldn't see anything. What contract packs have you got installed?

5 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

Hello everyone!

I'm back playing the game! And, of course, I'm playing GPP (there is no going back) :). Just wanted to say hi, and ask a non-gpp question I don't know where to ask.

Google is your friend (and the answer to everything):  

23 hours ago, AG5BPilot said:

Google is your friend (and the answer to everything):  

Thanks! Somehow I didn't find it on Google, or realize this mod adds missions :D I have like 120 items in the gamedata directory, so it's kind of difficult to figure out what does what. Installing mods on ckan is too easy :D

Edited by Luovahulluus

UPDATE

Changelog:

v1.6.2.0

REQUIRES GPP_TEXTURES 4.1.1

• Adds support for FlareReplacer
  • Implememts EVE atmospheres when Scatterer is not installed (better performance. Instructions below)
  • Scatterer is not required for atmospheric effects
  • Updated Scatterer for softer edges of atmospheres
  • Custom/random start menu and exit menus with SigmeReplacments: MenuScenes
  • Added Custom KS3P configuration
  • Added artistic twist to loading screens
  • Fixed squiggly line in the sky due to Aurora texture gaffe
  • Better noise of gas giants, bring the textures to life
  • Added GPP Clouds support for OPM when OPMVO is not installed
  • Fixed erroneous biome entries in body and resource configs
  • Classic Stock resource system
  • Added location for KrakenJuice for users of v0.8 or higher of the KrakenScience mod
  • GPP KSCSwitcher has been removed
  • All KSCSwitcher sites have been recreated with Kerbal Konstructs
    • Now you can fly from one site to the next.
  • Added additional runway and launch pads to GSC with Kerbal Konstructs

Download and install instructions linked in the OP.

Classic Resources

sIVDwYA.jpg

GPP made things new and fascinating for lovers of stock Ore and the USI mods... Now it does so alongside the WBI (Wild Blue Industries) mods by @Angel-125. The WBI final releases for KSP 1.3.x introduce an alternate resource system devised by the well missed early KSP devs HarvesteR and NovaSilisko. The system itself has a toggle and is disabled by default, but is complete without the Community Resource Pack so mod compatibility is entirely opt-in. And GPP has opted in.

The best gameplay feature that can be named for the Classic Resource system is that with the use of any Pathfinder-powered atmosphere/exosphere Prospector (harvester), orbital propellant depots can now be built which sit at the edge of any GPP planet's atmosphere (or any Stock planets) and can completely meet your interplanetary transfer or local lander needs.

Here is Pathfinder's thread, but you can most easily get all the WBI mods from their respective releases tabs on Angel's GitHub.

800px-Propellant_Depot_Evolution.jpg Os4luau.jpg

Flare Replacer & Better Looking Oceans

With no offense meant to @blackrack, Galileo reached into a high-numbered page of his visual modding spellbook and created these two mods, for those of us who seek options for sunflares and oceans but don't want to (or simply can't afford to) pay the high performance tax brought on by Scatterer.

GPP also includes its own profiles for KS3P so you should not need to manually nerf it yourself or (if you don't know how) suffer with its overbearing default settings. With all these put together and some new EVE magic, you won't even notice the scatterer sky effect is missing.

jPsV7wi.jpg

Kopernicus is required so they do not work in KSP 1.4. That aside, GPP is now even friendlier to potato PCs! Even with high res GPP_Clouds on you can expect very low, maybe no lag! ....Until the stock mach FX build up on you for speeding in low atmo. :D

LxsAHoa.jpg B5MUnO8.jpg   

Kerbal Konstructs

GPP's KSC++ is even better with more island surface area, a Heavy Runway, 2 additional usable launchpads and a SpaceX clover landing pad with custom logo (and which totally isn't meant to hype up @damonvv or @CobaltWolf and their epic replica launchers packs). :wink: 

(But seriously. FASA is dead. Install these and give their devs some love. :) Yes, shameless advertising )

Be sure to download v1.3.9.8 of Kerbal Konstructs for a bug-free very playable experience. 

UYAYACT.jpg

You can now move the KSC without KSCSwitcher so be sure to uninstall that mod when you update! The KSC++ items will not move...but now the KSC is present simultaneously at all the alternate launch sites so you can launch from GSC Island....

...and land at the KSC near the South Pole. And get 100% recovery value.

Spoiler

Every KSC section at every site, placed with love....and blood and sweat and tears. With KK. APPRECIATE! <3 

WMzYbd2.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

UPDATE again

Changelog:

v1.6.2.1

REQUIRES GPP_TEXTURES 4.1.1

• Fixed Scatterer issues
  • Scatterer compatibility is back for GPP_Secondary
  • Added clouds for stock bodies when using GPP_Secondary (no need to install SVE anymore, just EVE)
  • Other small miscellaneous fixes

Download and Install instructions linked in the OP

Hi,

first of all thanks for this awesome mod.

I'm currently playing on my first GPP install but I'm not sure how to update it to the new release that came earlier today. I'm a bit afraid to break everything. Do I just need to download the new release and replace the files?

50 minutes ago, Dixit said:

Hi,

first of all thanks for this awesome mod.

I'm currently playing on my first GPP install but I'm not sure how to update it to the new release that came earlier today. I'm a bit afraid to break everything. Do I just need to download the new release and replace the files?

Delete the GPP folder and KSCSwitcher if you have that installed, then just install GPP as you normally would. 

47 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Hi, sorry to be a noob, but how do you change the default base in the new setup?

In the VAB or SPH click the "K" in the bottom right hand corner. There you can set what base you want to use and even set one to be the default. Do know, that not all buildings are usable. You can click the runways to enter the SPH and the launch pads to enter the VAB. Everything else will have to be accessed by the buttons on the left hand side of the KSC scene.

Edited by Galileo