[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

The initial release drained the oceans of Gael. I thought it was just some kind of reverse version of the scatterer issue that covers the KSC in water and goes away when changing the scene, but when I launched a rocket the ocean was still empty :0.0: -- a terrifying moment. Since I use MKS I could've role-played an escape from a dead planet to colonize Tellumo if it hadn't been for the lag. Thanks for the hotfix!

Galileo and friends,

I wonder, after reading about EULA issues and bugs, if you will still be working on and releasing an update for 1.4.? and MH and beyond?

I would not be able to play KSP without your mod.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Data said:

Galileo and friends,

I wonder, after reading about EULA issues and bugs, if you will still be working on and releasing an update for 1.4.? and MH and beyond?

Thanks

Hands are tied until Kopernicus updates...
The Dev is hard at work getting an update ready for 1.4.x

54 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Hands are tied until Kopernicus updates...
The Dev is hard at work getting an update ready for 1.4.x

Fantastic news.

T2 or Squad can thank YOU that I'll buy MH, if you would have stopped updating, I would stick with 1.31 until, well forever.

Thank you again for such a fantastic mod.

14 hours ago, Data said:

Galileo and friends,

Thanks

There are always bugs, and the EULA has been blown way out of proportion.  Let's not discuss that issue here, please

On 3/27/2018 at 7:00 PM, Galileo said:

In the VAB or SPH click the "K" in the bottom right hand corner. There you can set what base you want to use and even set one to be the default. Do know, that not all buildings are usable. You can click the runways to enter the SPH and the launch pads to enter the VAB. Everything else will have to be accessed by the buttons on the left hand side of the KSC scene.

I just updated GPP using CKAN, I had to do an uninstall and reinstall of GPP.  It has 1.6.2.1 installed now

One thing which is very annoying, you seem to force OPM to be installed, I had to uninstall that.  I would prefer that OPM be a suggestion rather than a recommendation.

I was testing on a new sandbox save.

So, now I have the following mods of yours installed:

• Better Looking Oceans - High Resolution, 1.3.0.2
  • Community Terrain Texture Pack, 1.0.1
  • Galileo's Planet Pack, 1.6.2.1
  • GPP HighRes clouds, 1.6.2.1
  • GPP Textures, 4.1.1

and:

• Kerbal-Konstructs, 1.3.9.8

But, when I go into the VAB and hit the KK button. all it shows is the Launchsite Selector, with only the launchpad available.

Going into the SPH only shows the runway

So either I'm missing something, or something is wrong

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wny0mbosbmlpcok/GPP-Log.zip?dl=0

I'm getting a lot of log spam, in my career save after updating GPP. In flight, the log shows "Couldn't find celestial body with name 'Gael'.", about 40 times a second... Using 1.6.2.1, deleted old GPP folder when I installed, and I've tried uninstalling scatterer to see if it was something to do with the scatterer updates in 1.6.2.1, but no luck

logs (7 and 14 MB):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcxuxu111u4vb03/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x316bxveifntk9c/output_log.txt?dl=0

6 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I'm getting a lot of log spam, in my career save after updating GPP. In flight, the log shows "Couldn't find celestial body with name 'Gael'.", about 40 times a second...

Hi, 

Me too. Seems to be a problem with kerbal-konstructs. If you delete kk from GameData bads logs disappear. 

27 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I'm getting a lot of log spam, in my career save after updating GPP. In flight, the log shows "Couldn't find celestial body with name 'Gael'.", about 40 times a second... Using 1.6.2.1, deleted old GPP folder when I installed, and I've tried uninstalling scatterer to see if it was something to do with the scatterer updates in 1.6.2.1, but no luck

logs (7 and 14 MB):

I can't test this at the moment as I'm working, but if you go into GameData/GPP/GPP_KSC++/Assets/LackMisc/Buildings/landingLights.cfg and go to line 20 and change:

CelestialBody = Gael

Into:

CelestialBody = Kerbin

I have a feeling this may work. Of course I may be wrong, but that's the only reference I could find that matches this error.

46 minutes ago, Rodger said:

logs (7 and 14 MB):

35 minutes ago, vagabond77 said:

Hi, 

Me too. Seems to be a problem with kerbal-konstructs. If you delete kk from GameData bads logs disappear. 

17 minutes ago, Pleb said:

I can't test this at the moment as I'm working, but if you go into GameData/GPP/GPP_KSC++/Assets/LackMisc/Buildings/landingLights.cfg and go to line 20 and change:

CelestialBody = Gael

Into:

CelestialBody = Kerbin

I have a feeling this may work. Of course I may be wrong, but that's the only reference I could find that matches this error.

Yes, “Gael” no longer exists. GPP now relies on displayName to rename the planet. So all instances should be named to Kerbin instead of Gael. However, @Pleb is right and there was an instance in the landing lights cfg that still has Gael in there. Change that and the spam should go away. I’ll update to correct this later today.

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just updated GPP using CKAN, I had to do an uninstall and reinstall of GPP.  It has 1.6.2.1 installed now

One thing which is very annoying, you seem to force OPM to be installed, I had to uninstall that.  I would prefer that OPM be a suggestion rather than a recommendation.

I was testing on a new sandbox save.

So, now I have the following mods of yours installed:

• Better Looking Oceans - High Resolution, 1.3.0.2
  • Community Terrain Texture Pack, 1.0.1
  • Galileo's Planet Pack, 1.6.2.1
  • GPP HighRes clouds, 1.6.2.1
  • GPP Textures, 4.1.1

and:

• Kerbal-Konstructs, 1.3.9.8

But, when I go into the VAB and hit the KK button. all it shows is the Launchsite Selector, with only the launchpad available.

Going into the SPH only shows the runway

So either I'm missing something, or something is wrong

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wny0mbosbmlpcok/GPP-Log.zip?dl=0

A clean install of GPP is always recommended because of the amount of changes that happen each update. 

OPM is not forcibly installed, it is only recommended in the NETKAN. Just deselect it when its presented. If you uninstalled OPM, you don't need CTTP as that is part of the OPM install.

As for your KK issue, I have no idea why that would be happening. I recommend reinstalling Kerbal Konstructs and deleting your MM cache. @RocketPCGaming had close to the same issue and that seemed to fix it for him. 

46 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes, “Gael” no longer exists. GPP now relies on displayName to rename the planet. So all instances should be named to Kerbin instead of Gael. However, @Pleb is right and there was an instance in the landing lights cfg that still has Gael in there. Change that and the spam should go away. I’ll update to correct this later today.

Well I tried both the landing lights cfg fix, and then even uninstalling KK, and both times I was still getting the log spam. Possibly something in my save? Maybe old contracts, if they were done in the last version of GPP?

3 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Well I tried both the landing lights cfg fix, and then even uninstalling KK, and both times I was still getting the log spam. Possibly something in my save? Maybe old contracts, if they were done in the last version of GPP?

Maybe. Post your logs so i can check

Just updated to 1.6.2.2 which includes the fixes for KK. Thanks for pointing it out, guys. So many changes this this  last update, I'm surprised that's the only real issue thus far.

As an FYI, had huge log spam from KAC complaining about not being able to calculate transfer windows. I went to the TriggerTech directory and searched down to the directory that has settings.cfg and deleted it. Seems ok after a quick test but I'll test more thoroughly later.

1 minute ago, Gilph said:

As an FYI, had huge log spam from KAC complaining about not being able to calculate transfer windows. I went to the TriggerTech directory and searched down to the directory that has settings.cfg and deleted it. Seems ok after a quick test but I'll test more thoroughly later.

thats not an issue with GPP, though. Nothing has changed that would break that. Gael has always been "kerbin". We just rename it differently now, but that wont cause issue or break saves.

Just now, Galileo said:

thats not an issue with GPP, though. Nothing has changed that would break that. Gael has always been "kerbin". We just rename it differently now, but that wont cause issue or break saves.

Yea...not really sure why it happened. Only change was the GPP update. But, if it does happen, fix is easy. :)

Just now, Gilph said:

Yea...not really sure why it happened. Only change was the GPP update. But, if it does happen, fix is easy. :)

If KAC cached the changed name and was looking for Gael, that would make sense. It probably isn't an issue if you do a fresh install of KAC. Dunno. :confused:

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

A clean install of GPP is always recommended because of the amount of changes that happen each update.

Which is what I ended up doing

OPM is not forcibly installed, it is only recommended in the NETKAN. Just deselect it when its presented. If you uninstalled OPM, you don't need CTTP as that is part of the OPM install.

I figured it was something like that, but good that I can delete CTTP

As for your KK issue, I have no idea why that would be happening. I recommend reinstalling Kerbal Konstructs and deleting your MM cache. @RocketPCGaming had close to the same issue and that seemed to fix it for him. 

I'll try this.

Thanks

One question, Kerbinside, does that conflict with GPP & KK?

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

One question, Kerbinside, does that conflict with GPP & KK?

yes. Kerbinside will only work properly in the stock system as the landmasses are not in the same location on Gael.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Then that's probably my problem, I have that installed, 

I'll remove and try again.

Also, is EVE compatible with GPP?

Yes, but you only need the EVE plugin not the cfgs, they wont work. GPP has its own textures and cfgs. You can select them in CKAN.

Edited by Galileo

Still no go.

I'm not sure this is significant, but I see the following related to kerbalkonstructs, is it an issue:

KK: Imported 18 Maps from around the universe

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

UnityException: Texture 'KerbalKonstructs/MapDecalMaps/AllBlack' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels32 (int)
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MapSO.CreateGreyscaleFromRGB (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MapSO.CreateMap (MapDepth depth, UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.ConfigParser.LoadAllMapDecalMaps () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

1 hour ago, Gilph said:

If KAC cached the changed name and was looking for Gael, that would make sense. It probably isn't an issue if you do a fresh install of KAC. Dunno. :confused:

I ran into null spam with KAC while testing the GPP update. I cleared it by deleting all my existing KAC alarms and switching scenes (reverting to hangar). Galileo is probably right. Those alarms (of course) all had references to Gael.