[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Ok bud, asked on the Sigma forums thread and still haven't received an answer.  Asked on the Texture Replacer Replaced thread and they directed me back over here.  I have tried removing the entire GPP_Replacement folder and still can not get TRR to work after installing GPP.  I just want to be able to play with your Mods and use TRR as I find it a lot easier to use and understand.  Can you tell me what to cull out or what folders to remove/add to get TRR to work with GPP please?

Thx for your continued hard work and time, wouldn't still be playing if it wasn't for this modding community.

39 minutes ago, ArkaelDren said:

Ok bud, asked on the Sigma forums thread and still haven't received an answer.  Asked on the Texture Replacer Replaced thread and they directed me back over here.  I have tried removing the entire GPP_Replacement folder and still can not get TRR to work after installing GPP.  I just want to be able to play with your Mods and use TRR as I find it a lot easier to use and understand.  Can you tell me what to cull out or what folders to remove/add to get TRR to work with GPP please?

Thx for your continued hard work and time, wouldn't still be playing if it wasn't for this modding community.

There is nothing in GPP that breaks TRR. Not even the GPPReplacements stuff will break TRR. Wherever you got that information is incorrect. Have you checked to see if it works in a stock install? 

There is a reason we don’t support TRR, and it’s because it’s too convoluted for the end user. So there isn’t anything we can tell you beyond my suggestion above: Get it working in stock, then bring it into GPP. 

I have used TRR in the past to supplement the lack of visor reflections in Sigma Replacements, but beyond that, I haven’t used TRR as it got too complicated to use and is a far cry from the mod it continued off of. 

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, Galileo said:

There is nothing in GPP that breaks TRR. Not even the GPPReplacements stuff will break TRR. Wherever you got that information is incorrect. Have you checked to see if it works in a stock install? 

There is a reason we don’t support TRR, and it’s because it’s too convoluted for the end user. So there isn’t anything we can tell you beyond my suggestion above: Get it working in stock, then bring it into GPP. 

I have used TRR in the past to supplement the lack of visor reflections in Sigma Replacements, but beyond that, I haven’t used TRR as it got too complicated to use and is a far cry from the mod it continued off of. 

Yeah I tried running a clean install and ran it from both ends and still got the result that Stock + TRR =  TRR functioning.  Stock + TRR + GPP  or Stock + GPP + TRR = No bueno.  Sorry bud, I am not very good at this even though I have been messing with cfg's since .13  I have tried writing some cfg's using Sigma but I cant for the life of me get it working either.  I spoke to you about this sometime ago and figured by now I might have a solution but I don't.  Here is a cfg that I tried working on,  this is about the 5th iteration so at this point its blindly trying crap that is making it more convoluted.  If you can help direct me man, I just don't pick this crap up like I used to.  Not crying or making excuses, its just the way it is.  Hey BTW the new flares are amazing, and seriously thx for the effort, you have no idea how much these Mods help me.

@SigmaReplacements
{
    Kerbal
    {
        Requirements
        {
            veteran = true
        }
        Suit
        {
            type = IVA
            visor = 0.7,0.7,0.7,0.6
            visorTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetTextures/IVAvisorvet
            bodyTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetTextures/IVAvet
            bodyNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetNormals/IVAvet
            helmetTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetTextures/IVAhelmetvet
            helmetNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetNormals/IVAhelmetvet
            helmetLowPressure = 50
        }
        Suit
        {
            type = EVA
            visor = 0.8,0.8,0.8,0.92
            visorTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetTextures/EVAvisorvet
            bodyTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetTextures/EVAvet
            bodyNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetNormals/EVAvet
            suitMaxPressure = 50
            helmetTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetTextures/EVAhelmetvet
            helmetNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetNormals/EVAhelmetvet
            helmetLowPressure = 50
            jetpackTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetTextures/EVAjetpackvet
            jetpackNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/VetNormals/EVAjetpackvet
            jetpackMaxGravity = 0.5
        }
    }

Kerbal
    {
        Requirements
        {
            gender = male
        }
        Suit
        {
            type = IVA
            visor = 0.7,0.7,0.7,0.6
            visorTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/IVAvisor
            bodyTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/IVAbody
            bodyNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleNormals/IVAbody
            helmetTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/IVAhelmet
            helmetNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleNormals/IVAhelmet
            helmetLowPressure = 50
        }
    }

Kerbal
    {
        Requirements
        {
            gender = male
        }
        Suit
        {
            type = EVA
            visor = 0.8,0.8,0.8,0.92
            visorTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/EVAvisor
            bodyTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/EVAbody
            bodyNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleNormals/EVAbody
            suitMaxPressure = 50
            helmetTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/EVAhelmet
            helmetNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleNormals/EVAhelmet
            helmetLowPressure = 50
            jetpackTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/EVAjetpack
            jetpackNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleNormals/EVAjetpack
            jetpackMaxGravity = 0.5
        }
    }

Kerbal
    {
        Requirements
        {
            gender = female
        }
        Suit
        {
            type = IVA
            visor = 0.7,0.7,0.7,0.6
            visorTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleTextures/IVAvisor
            bodyTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleTextures/IVAbody
            bodyNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleNormals/IVAbody
            helmetTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleTextures/IVAhelmet
            helmetNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/MaleNormals/IVAhelmet
            helmetLowPressure = 50
        }
    }

Kerbal
    {
        Requirements
        {
            gender = female
        }
        Suit
        {
            type = EVA
            visor = 0.8,0.8,0.8,0.92
            visorTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleTextures/EVAvisor
            bodyTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleTextures/EVAbody
            bodyNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleNormals/EVAbody
            suitMaxPressure = 50
            helmetTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleTextures/EVAhelmet
            helmetNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleNormals/EVAhelmet
            helmetLowPressure = 50
            jetpackTex = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleTextures/EVAjetpack
            jetpackNrm = GPP/GPP_Replacements/Suits/FemaleNormals/EVAjetpack
            jetpackMaxGravity = 0.5
        }
    }
}

Hmmmmmmmmm...

goP2XWl.png

Seems interesting.

FiIpULK.png

Expert landing 10/10

ohMvPgD.png

It seems I found some pyramids on Goonie.

iquoCW5.png

This is the first Easter Egg I found, other than the Monolith. I was flying to another continent to get some science and then I saw a structure. I tried to be careful but the  trampoline landing gear bounced.

Edited by AntoniusCDXXXII

ah I remember when I first found this, my comment is on the first page. Good work making it better and better

will I lose progress if I start in 1.3.1 then switch to 1.4.1 when u are able to make it? Will the next update be game breaking? I've said it before but will again, this is the best planet pack mod ever made, hands down.

Thanks, also this mod really one of the best planets pack, cause it is the most supported. I've reverted to 1.3.1 and it made me think about what to play, and it is clear that well, RSS is great cause I like the giant scale of the planets while in orbit but the thing is, no one else is updating as often as this one.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:44 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Galileo @Chilkoot Actually, resources have a great influence in the descriptions of both of these bodies. Thalia, definitely, is not meant to have ExoticMinerals (most of the time) but Eve Eta not having ExoticMinerals is simply a bad roll by the resident RNGeesus. ExoticMinerals is also rare overall in GPP by design which makes the situation much less a result of bad configs.

Honestly though, there ought to be an ExoticMinerals presence on Eta. :/ That's a really bad RNG roll to cause Eta to have none. But you should have no problem shipping ExoticMinerals in (from Gael if you choose). The Gael-Thalia transfer window opens 3x per year.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:27 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Chilkoot The best option is to go to KSPinstall/saves/savename/persistence.sfs and change the number at Seed = xyz (at line 10). This will make the RNG roll again. Chances are high that Eta will become playable but it will also affect every resource distribution in the game (for that save).

If you're already far along in your save and fearful that the seed change will break your existing colonies (heck, anyone would be fearful) you can force the resource distribution. Save this anywhere in GameData.

Reveal hidden contents

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = ExoticMinerals
	ResourceType = 0
	PlanetName = Eta

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 80
		MinAbundance = 0.01
		MaxAbundance = 10
		Variance = 50
		Dispersal = 10
	}
}

Remember when this happened with ExoricMinerals on Eta? It just happened to me with RareMetals. Don't want to change the seed and will probably ship it in from Iota, but Eta is turning out to be a real beoch when it comes to the expensive resources.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:23 AM, Gilph said:

Remember when this happened with ExoricMinerals on Eta? It just happened to me with RareMetals. Don't want to change the seed and will probably ship it in from Iota, but Eta is turning out to be a real beoch when it comes to the expensive resources.

Laaaaame. You could say Eta got more of a mental whipping from Thalia than was intended expected. She's not supposed to be so mean! :D 

EDIT: went back through the thread and saw @Poodmund's explanation of the change. The GPP Wiki Install instructions still suggest installing KSC Switcher. 

I just downloaded 1.6.2.1 and KSC Switcher isn't in the Optional Mods folder. It's a completely new 1.3.1 install. I launched the base game once, installed GPP and dependencies as instructed, but couldn't find KSC Switcher

I tried installing KSC Switcher 0.8 separately and now I'm only seeing one launch site in the middle of the desert on the largest continent just a few degrees above the Equator. This is different than I've seen in previous installs. Has something changed?

zG051Wh.png

Edited by Tyko

Kerbal Konstructs doesn't seem to like Rescale. I added Rescale 2.5x and this happened at Rook's Glory. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!!

oYNxbhi.png

Edited by Tyko

30 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Kerbal Konstructs doesn't seem to like Rescale. I added Rescale 2.5x and this happened at Rook's Glory. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!!

oYNxbhi.png

No. KK is broken with the current SigmaDimensions and KKtoSD.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

No. KK is broken with the current SigmaDimensions and KKtoSD.

Thanks for the quick reply. Was going to start a new game. would it be better to start using the previous build of GPP that supports KSC Switcher...or...is there a way to copy the KSC Switcher configs into 1.6.2.1?

12 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Was going to start a new game. would it be better to start using the previous build of GPP that supports KSC Switcher...or...is there a way to copy the KSC Switcher configs into 1.6.2.1?

You just need to use the old bundled kscswitcher from a previous version.

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You just need to use the old bundled kscswitcher from a previous version.

yep. was just playing with that and it works fine.

Any idea if this particular change will break my game with a future 1.4.x update? let's assume i have nothing landed near any of the sites. I'm thinking that switching to KK later won't affect anything else.

19 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

All respect to the mod maker(s), I have to be fully honest, GPP at 10.6x scale looks horrible, in that, the textures look really choppy

It wasn't designed for 10X scale. And they've said so. So don't complain about something which they say is not supported.

More posts have been removed from the thread. Keep it on-topic, don't attack each other, and if you think a post is a problem, please report it rather than answer it. Arguments like these only create off-topic clutter others must scroll past to find the actual thread content. 

Aaaand, still more posts removed.  Seriously, guys.  Drop it.  This is the fourth time moderators have had to ask folks to let the matter drop.  When the moderators say "stop arguing this point," stop arguing the point.

A question was asked, the question was answered, the matter is done.  It's time to move on.

Thank you for your understanding.