[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

[snip]

Galileo's Planet Pack is hosted and developed on a public GitHub repository (as a lot of mods are), if you are willing and able to contribute either bug fixes, improvements or new content please feel free to issue a pull request against the repository: https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/pulls

The Pull Requests will be discussed and reviewed and could potentially be merged into the main branch of this mod to allow 3rd Party improvements to be made.

If you are willing to help, thank you.

PSA over.

@The-Doctor The pad (provided by Pathfinder) indeed uses Extraplanetary Launchpads. its primary power source is a very small nuclear reactor, with a big LFO fuel cell and a Mono+Oxidizer fuel cell in the tall inflatable lab in the small base sitting on the extra base that was on that pad.

The base can produce EnrichedUranium to fill newly launched reactors, but I have to HyperEdit it back into the base as launched craft will take from the main reactor and the resource cannot be transfered at all (I don't have NFE installed).

The problem(s) with solar are partially why I rather love nuclear power in KSP.

Learned it when I launched these probes for Gauss' other moons. pSVBPQ3.png

On 4/26/2018 at 11:58 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

So, ladies and gentlemen.

Where is your colonization effort concentrated right now? I'm on Loki, the innermost moon of Gauss.

7iEmooq.jpg

Have surface bases on Iota, Ceti. Gave up on finding a base location on Eta as the surface is way too choppy. Just started business on Hephaestus:

sN8H5b2.jpg

Leto, Argo, Minona, Loki  bases are en route

Just to catch everybody up with our progress on the 1.4 update because I’m sure a lot of people are wondering but nobody is asking (we really appreciate everyone’s patience).

We have had a perfect storm of real life time consumers pop up which have taken some of the team away from KSP, but only temporarily. In the free time we do have, we have been plugging away, slowly but surely. The update is right around the corner, we just need to iron out some wrinkles and figure out what the heck we are gonna do with the new launch sites Squad has provided. We can’t move them, we can’t  delete them, and they happen to be in some really inconvenient places on Gael. It’s testing our patience for sure. So, it sounds like some new islands are necessary, only, I no longer have Gael’s PSD file to go back and edit :( that means starting over again.

There is some cool stuff coming up in the update, but overall the majority of the changes are already in the last 1.3.1 update. 

Hope this shines some light on our progress. Hopefully 1.4.3 is stable enough to hang around for a while. 

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

we really appreciate everyone’s patience

We really appreciate your mod. :)

Do we know how Squad added the additional launch sites and how they differ from the default launch site (which is movable)? TBH, I haven't even played the 1.4.x update because I've been waiting for GPP, but my first thought for gettin' some edumacation is here: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_launch_site.html

Has anybody asked any devs who are also modders, like JPLRepo or RoverDude if they have any insight to the inflexible sites problem? I'm not pinging them with the @ yet because I'm assuming you've already reached out.

Edited by danfarnsy

17 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

We really appreciate your mod. :)

Do we know how Squad added the additional launch sites and how they differ from the default launch site (which is movable)? TBH, I haven't even played the 1.4.x update because I've been waiting for GPP, but my first thought for gettin' some edumacation is here: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_launch_site.html

Has anybody asked any devs who are also modders, like JPLRepo or RoverDude if they have any insight to the inflexible sites problem? I'm not pinging them with the @ yet because I'm assuming you've already reached out.

The ability to move the ksc is some special code that allows it to be moved before the game starts. The other sites are added after kopernicus so it couldn’t touch them. That said, I got into Thomas’ ear and he made it happen :) can’t move them , but I can delete them which is fine. I’ll be removing the desert launch site. Woomerang is set up and ready to go

Edited by Galileo

I'm having a problem installing OPM with GPP, GPP secondary GEM installed. With just GPP, GPP Secondary and GEM installed everything seems fine, when I add OPM it causes all my skies to go black and mountains glow white. Is there a specific OPM I have to download? I cannot find it searching through this forum or the OPM forum. 

Another problem I'm having is GSC is in the side of a mountain and I can't figure out how to move it out without moving every single piece. Is it possible to fix this problem and switch KSC with GSC? I thought trying to use KSCswitcher but I can't find the specific version for this mod.

Installed:

Kopernicus 1.3.1-7

GPP 1:1.6.2.2

GPP secondary 1:1.6.2.2

GEM 0.9.2.0

OPM 1.2.5 tried a bunch of different ones of the GitHub page.

KSP 1.3.1

I'm sure the solutions are in the forum, I just can't find them with searching.

Thanks!

@reducing What is GEM? (I assume you mean GEP for Grannus)

OPM (by Galileo) is the official OPM now so use that.

KSC Switcher is phased out now and our configs for it may not take into consideration whether GPP Secondary is installed (known issue) and cause KSC to appear on Gael and give you a hard time. We use the latest version of Kerbal Konstructs for providing alternate launch sites now-- and which is not recommended for use with GPP Secondary. If you're trying to get make GSC work (in essence, make Gael the homeworld) while in GPP Secondary then we're not going to help you, sorry. There are major issues associated with that which we're not inclined to get into.

Concerning your OPM and visuals issue, you may want to zip up a log and share it. See the red button in Galileo's signature or mine for guidance.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Yes I meant GEP.

I was hoping to switch KSC for GSC on Kerbin in the secondary mod, much like the normal GPP has the GSC as the starting base. If that can't be done I have no problem, however GSC with Kerbal Konstruction is half way into the mountain side. If Konstructs can't be used with OPM I might just drop the mod because I like all the different launch pads. As far as I could tell it was working fine before I added OPM which caused the black skies. Again thanks for the help.

Edited by reducing
mistake

@reducing Regarding your KSC in-mountain issue, you may want to delete this file and this folder:

• GPP/GPP_Configs/LaunchSites.cfg
  • GPP/GPP_KSC++/

And something is causing scatterer to throw null spam. I have an idea of what I may need to do about it.

10 hours ago, i like pizza said:

How do you delete celestial bodies in this mod? I really want to play with it, but I only have four gigabytes of RAM, and no means of currently upgrading. By the way, would deleting some moons or planets from this mod reduce RAM usage?

I'm surprised you can even launch KSP on a computer with only 4 GB of RAM. That said, you'll have to delete the respective files for the bodies you don't want at these locations:

• GPP/GPP_Planets/ (configs)
  • GPP/GPP_Textures/

Yyou may want to remove these folders too:

• GPP/GPP_KSC++/ (delete all of this. this is the KK stuff. you really won't need it.)
  • GPP/icons/ (if you don't use Strategia or Waypoint Manager)
  • GPP/Stripes/ (these are all the extra flag and decal options if you use blackheart's Decal Stickers mod, they're < 20KB each though)

Be sure that if you delete the config for a planet that you delete the configs for all its moons or you will get null spam and be unable to use GPP.

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm surprised you can even launch KSP on a computer with only 4 GB of RAM. That said, you'll have to delete the respective files for the bodies you don't want at these locations:

• GPP/GPP_Planets/ (configs)
  • GPP/GPP_Textures/

Yyou may want to remove these folders too:

• GPP/GPP_KSC++/ (delete all of this. this is the KK stuff. you really won't need it.)
  • GPP/icons/ (if you don't use Strategia or Waypoint Manager)
  • GPP/Stripes/ (these are all the extra flag and decal options if you use blackheart's Decal Stickers mod, they're < 20KB each though)

Be sure that if you delete the config for a planet that you delete the configs for all its moons or you will get null spam and be unable to use GPP.

Thanks, sometimes people underestimate the capabilities of four gigabytes of RAM :p

24 minutes ago, i like pizza said:

Thanks, sometimes people underestimate the capabilities of four gigabytes of RAM :p

You can be underestimating when the capabilities of 4gb is well documented, especially with KSP. If you look through the forums for this subject you will find a lot of threads where people with 4 gb just had to accept that their system could not run certain mods. Definitely mods smaller than this one. Frankly, I don't see GPP running well, if at all on 4gb, even with a pruned system, but feel free to try. we have worked very hard to keep the pack performance and ram friendly, 4gb is not what we had in mind.

34 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You can be underestimating when the capabilities of 4gb is well documented, especially with KSP. If you look through the forums for this subject you will find a lot of threads where people with 4 gb just had to accept that their system could not run certain mods. Definitely mods smaller than this one. Frankly, I don't see GPP running well, if at all on 4gb, even with a pruned system, but feel free to try. we have worked very hard to keep the pack performance and ram friendly, 4gb is not what we had in mind.

I can easily get around with four gigs, even with this: https://ibb.co/i9hGW7  All I have to do is turn the texture resolutions down a bit.

Edited by i like pizza

I've tried every major planet pack, and I love this one the most. Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the textures, on my end at least. They only render properly at very low altitudes and just look...wrong otherwise. 

I'm using KSP 1.3.1 and Kopernicus 1.3.1.7. I've installed GPP_Textures and removed every other mod. Is this a common issue?
Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/AsVKGXH
https://imgur.com/a/qOZ1Gwv

UPDATE

Changelog:

v1.6.3.0

REQUIRES GPP_TEXTURES 4.2.0

• Fixes to KK sites
  • Added isles for KSP 1.4.x launch sites (Larkes and Woomerang)
  • Prevent these launch sites from appearing on Gael in GPP Scondary
  • Added KK launch site for testing rovers
  • Kerbinside is now compatible while playing with GPP_Secondary installed
  • GPP no longer indiscriminately deletes/unloads planets and planet packs that have loaded before itself. It specifically deletes only the stock bodies so planet packs such as After Kerbin, Before Kerbin, Extrasolar, and even GEP, will remain loaded without having to perform MM voodoo
  • Accommodations for new features in GEP 1.0
  • Updated EVE configs for GPP + OPM installations
  • Minor fixes to Gael in GPP Secondary
  • Renamed Sigma skybox files for Sigma Replacements/Texture Replacer compatibility
  • Fixed some scatterer issues
  • Made Lili 20% more awesome
  • Added detection in resource configs for Kerbin vs Gael for GPP Secondary
  • Terrain Detail Presets are now built into GPP. (May require a fresh settings file.)

*NOTE the readme in the download is a little outdated, but the one on github is good to go.

Download and install instructions in the OP.

Edited by Galileo