[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Just a note to say that I finally landed on Hox today.  Forgot that there was a thin atmosphere, so the descent was very inefficient to avoid aero-trauma.

QFy0sq5.png

Also got a nice shot of a similar probe landing on Lili.  The hillside is actually a rather stable landing site due to Lili's rotational speed.

1Zb1GOW.png

Hello!!

I was waiting to GPP compatible with KSP 1.4.3 to start a new career, as my old one (KSP 1.3.1) was too unstable :confused:

I like to install mods with ckan (I know many people don't) to keep track of all installed mods and to simplify installation process (and it's faster too). The back side is that it sometimes messes thing a bit and not all mods are in ckan, nor latest updates of some mods.

Latest version of GPP installed with ckan works well, but the latest Sigma Replacements mods at ckan aren't up to date (only 1.3.1 compability), so no Jade's Sunflares nor Calm Nebula skybox. That's unacceptable... a tragedy ;.;

Are the latest Sigma replacements' versions at github compatible with KSP 1.4.3? I haven't found compatibility info at github and, although some Sigma related mods at github are more recent than ckan's, other are not newer than ckan's (like Sigma Textures, marked as compatible with KSP 1.3.1 in ckan, but not 1.4.3). Should I install all Sigma related mods at github with latest GPP to have alternate sunflares and skyboxes again?

GPP + OPM + GEP it's a (gorgeous) new universe in KSP to explore and it's the reason I'm back to Kerbal again and again. Good work devs!!!

On 5/13/2018 at 7:21 AM, Norcalplanner said:

Just a note to say that I finally landed on Hox today.  Forgot that there was a thin atmosphere, so the descent was very inefficient to avoid aero-trauma.

QFy0sq5.png

Also got a nice shot of a similar probe landing on Lili.  The hillside is actually a rather stable landing site due to Lili's rotational speed.

1Zb1GOW.png

I love those screen captions!!! Are they added by hand or using some sort of mod? I would really like to make something like that for screen captures! :o

21 minutes ago, bonzo_bvd said:

I love those screen captions!!! Are they added by hand or using some sort of mod? I would really like to make something like that for screen captures! :o

That's a mod called Kerbal Historian: 

That career is still running in 1.3.1, so I don't know if the mod will work in 1.4.3.

45 minutes ago, bonzo_bvd said:

Latest version of GPP installed with ckan works well, but the latest Sigma Replacements mods at ckan aren't up to date (only 1.3.1 compability), so no Jade's Sunflares nor Calm Nebula skybox. That's unacceptable... a tragedy ;.;

Go to the readme on the GitHub and scroll nearly all the way down. I'm very sure you can safely install all of Sigma's Replacements mods without thinking twice.

As for my sunflares for GPP, also link in the readme, they're packaged for even easier installs than on SpaceDock. But they need scatterer, not Galileo's Flare Replacer. In providing my flares for GPP, stock system, stock sized real solar system, and being new to CKAN at the time, I chose not to allow my flares onto CKAN.

41 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

That's a mod called Kerbal Historian: 

That career is still running in 1.3.1, so I don't know if the mod will work in 1.4.3.

I'm using that mod in 1.4.3 and it still works.

Hey guys been a long time since I've been able to play some KSP. I had some RL events that took me away from the community. Anyway I'm trying to get it re-installed properly and am somehow getting access errors causing crashes on boot with 16G of memory. Attached is my mod list, what all do I need to remove to alleviate the problem? All other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you do!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlmxfzy4yiplb8j/Mod list 1.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b5wtxn4mol8pdn/Mod list 2.PNG?dl=0

44 minutes ago, eggzy said:

Hey guys been a long time since I've been able to play some KSP. I had some RL events that took me away from the community. Anyway I'm trying to get it re-installed properly and am somehow getting access errors causing crashes on boot with 16G of memory. Attached is my mod list, what all do I need to remove to alleviate the problem? All other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you do!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlmxfzy4yiplb8j/Mod list 1.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b5wtxn4mol8pdn/Mod list 2.PNG?dl=0

Can you post your output log?

2 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

HI!!!!!! Could you make Grannus Expansion Pack part of this mod? Love it as is tho. @Galileo

You do realize Grannus is part of this mod, right? So I wonder what Grannus Expansion Pack is? 

Please read the OP of GPP and GEP before asking something like this.

@Galileo so I sorted the crash on boot access errors but now I'm getting duplicating issues in game. For example, every decal is duplicated as well as some settings menus. Is this because of mods being installed incorrectly?

Also thank you for the quick reply. I've been working the issue and didn't think to come back and check lol.

10 minutes ago, eggzy said:

@Galileo so I sorted the crash on boot access errors but now I'm getting duplicating issues in game. For example, every decal is duplicated as well as some settings menus. Is this because of mods being installed incorrectly?

Also thank you for the quick reply. I've been working the issue and didn't think to come back and check lol.

You probably need to do a fresh install of ksp and all of your mods. 

9 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

I'm getting FPS drops when landing on Iota and Ceti, but weirdly enough not when I land at Gael (water, lands, clouds, whatever).

1.4.3, eve, scatterer, textures set to half resolution.

What kind of specs does your system have? Getting an FPS with half resolution seems like a hardware limitation.

First...GPP is my favorite must have mod, thanks for all your hard work and keeping it updated.

Over the weekend I installed GPP via ckan.

Question:

My issue is small, when I 'warp til next morning', it's still nighttime when it finishes?  Anybody else report this?  

I have a most of the recommend mods and a  bunch of the 'normal mods' from ckan.  But can't think what would cause this.

Thanks Guys

Robert

59 minutes ago, MongooseNX said:

First...GPP is my favorite must have mod, thanks for all your hard work and keeping it updated.

Over the weekend I installed GPP via ckan.

Question:

My issue is small, when I 'warp til next morning', it's still nighttime when it finishes?  Anybody else report this?  

I have a most of the recommend mods and a  bunch of the 'normal mods' from ckan.  But can't think what would cause this.

Thanks Guys

Robert

@Ger_space is aware of the issue and will hopefully have a fix soon.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

What kind of specs does your system have? Getting an FPS with half resolution seems like a hardware limitation.

amd apu 6790 k, 16 gb ram, gtx 1060 3gb. If you want screenshots or logs or whatever, please let me know. The game is fully playable, so i'm not requesting support or anything it's just an issue i wanted to make you aware of.

The fps are excelent in every aspect of the game except when landed (or under 5-10 kilometers) on the moons. There is a visible increase in fps when my ship reaches a certain altitude. The frames are also fine when landed at Gael on water or on land. 

Latter add: Landing on Iota near the monolith is an absolute lag fest. like 4 fps or something..... Now that i think about it, landing near the neil armstrong monument on Ceti was laggier as well.

Edited by Nicky21

I made a new P-47 replica with Advanced Jet Engine mod (for real engine performances and sizes). I had to use clipping for this one but it is better this way because it looks fatter and therefore more accurate to the actual plane.

Here is an Imgur link:https://imgur.com/a/RKkwHkn   (note I just added an airbrake, which the P-47 didn't have, so I can land easier).

Also I have started learning programming (C#, which should get along with Unity) so in the future I might make some KSP mods myself.

Edited by AntoniusCDXXXII

1 hour ago, AntoniusCDXXXII said:

I made a new P-47 replica with Advanced Jet Engine mod (for real engine performances and sizes). I had to use clipping for this one but it is better this way because it looks fatter and therefore more accurate to the actual plane.

Here is an Imgur link:https://imgur.com/a/RKkwHkn   (note I just added an airbrake, which the P-47 didn't have, so I can land easier).

Also I have started learning programming (C#, which should get along with Unity) so in the future I might make some KSP mods myself.

What's that got to do with GPP?!?