[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

14 minutes ago, Storywalker4 said:

With GPP_Secondary installed SVE refuses to work for stock and OPM bodies. How to I get the clouds to work exactly?

SVE is not needed with GPP or GPP Secondary. In the instructions it tells you that GPP provides clouds for stock bodies and OPM.

Cloud support for stock and OPM were added back in 1.6.2.1.

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVE is not needed with GPP or GPP Secondary. In the instructions it tells you that GPP provides clouds for stock bodies and OPM.

Cloud support for stock and OPM were added back in 1.6.2.1.

Oh, welp, I'm a dumb. Really appreciate the rapid response though!

So update on clouds: I have only EVE, GEP, GPP (and clouds), GPP_Secondary, Kopernicus, MFI, scatterer, Squad, ZeroMiniAVC, and MM in my gamedata and yet the clouds on Eve, Duna and Jool do not function at all. Eclipses and scattering functions but that's it.

https://imgur.com/a/7Y738DX

Edited by Storywalker4

15 hours ago, Storywalker4 said:

So update on clouds: I have only EVE, GEP, GPP (and clouds), GPP_Secondary, Kopernicus, MFI, scatterer, Squad, ZeroMiniAVC, and MM in my gamedata and yet the clouds on Eve, Duna and Jool do not function at all. Eclipses and scattering functions but that's it.

You have no idea how convoluted this stuff is.  None of these configs were originally written in anticipation of the amount of complexity we're currently dealing with.  If you look at this post, you see we have 15 different install scenarios to deal with.  And then we have +EVE/no scatterer, +scatterer/no EVE, and +EVE/+scatterer variations.  So that means we have 45 different ways people can install this stuff, and a handful of mods that all have to play nicely together in each one of those different combinations.  It's amazing it works at all.

If we can figure it out and fix it, we will.  But seriously it could take somebody a couple days to track down the problem, and then make sure that whatever change is made doesn't break one of the other 44 combinations.  And quite honestly, we're all pretty burned out at the moment and in need of a break.

Edited by OhioBob

Sorry if this is a common question, but I've started trying to get a GPP install running and Gael is called Kerbin (only sometimes, by FinalFrontier for example). Is this a known issue? I'm on 1.4.3, latest version of GPP.

5 minutes ago, Zekario said:

Sorry if this is a common question, but I've started trying to get a GPP install running and Gael is called Kerbin (only sometimes, by FinalFrontier for example). Is this a known issue? I'm on 1.4.3, latest version of GPP.

This is due to how we rename Kerbin now. There is nothing we can do about it and the change will have to come from the Final Frontier dev. It wouldn’t be a hard change, I don’t think,r but you would need to ask him. 

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

This is due to how we rename Kerbin now. There is nothing we can do about it and the change will have to come from the Final Frontier dev. It wouldn’t be a hard change, I don’t think,r but you would need to ask him. 

FYI, I've reposted this to the FF thread.

58 minutes ago, Jumberlack said:

do you know where I might find the experience multiplier for each planet/moon? I wanna get some level 5 kerbals as efficiently as possible

The in-game wikipedia page for each planet and moon has that information, along with a lot of other useful data.

Very very cool planet pack. But I have a question. I can't seem to stand on lili. When I go down to the surface, it stays at 0 m/s for a few seconds, then somehow, whatever I'm landing seems to get velocity out of nowhere that pushes it away from Lili. And when I look at the map screen it shows my orbit path to be on an escape trajectory away from the "moon". Is this a bug, or is this a physics problem I just don't understand?

Edited by TheRagingScientist
Clarification

1 hour ago, TheRagingScientist said:

Very very cool planet pack. But I have a question. I can't seem to stand on lili. When I go down to the surface, it stays at 0 m/s for a few seconds, then somehow, whatever I'm landing seems to get velocity out of nowhere that pushes it away from Lili. And when I look at the map screen it shows my orbit path to be on an escape trajectory away from the "moon". Is this a bug, or is this a physics problem I just don't understand?

Lili is very small, and the gravity is very low.  It's also orbiting very close to a massive planet.  It appears to be tidally locked, as well.  Since it's in a very fast orbit, and is tidally locked, that means it's rotating very quickly.   Put that all together and... you have a very strange moon.  It rotational speed gives you enough centrifugal force at the equator to fling you off the surface and into space, possibly with escape velocity.

To land on Lili, you either need to constantly be thrusting downwards, or need someway to anchor yourself to the surface, or land at or near the poles.

In real life, this object would be torn apart by tidal forces, forming a ring.  Since Lili is right in the middle of a ring system, I suspect that the rings actually used to be part of a larger Lili that has indeed been torn apart.

Pretty cool, eh?

(Disclaimer:  I haven't yet run the latest KSP/GPP, and I know there's changes to Lili in the new GPP, so it's possible this information is obsolete now.)

22 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

Lili is very small, and the gravity is very low.  It's also orbiting very close to a massive planet.  It appears to be tidally locked, as well.  Since it's in a very fast orbit, and is tidally locked, that means it's rotating very quickly.   Put that all together and... you have a very strange moon.  It rotational speed gives you enough centrifugal force at the equator to fling you off the surface and into space, possibly with escape velocity.

To land on Lili, you either need to constantly be thrusting downwards, or need someway to anchor yourself to the surface, or land at or near the poles.

In real life, this object would be torn apart by tidal forces, forming a ring.  Since Lili is right in the middle of a ring system, I suspect that the rings actually used to be part of a larger Lili that has indeed been torn apart.

Pretty cool, eh?

(Disclaimer:  I haven't yet run the latest KSP/GPP, and I know there's changes to Lili in the new GPP, so it's possible this information is obsolete now.)

Oh damn, didn't think of that. Very weird. but I like it. and I've learned something about orbital mechanics, so yay!

3 hours ago, AG5BPilot said:

The appearance of Lili changed in one of the recent updates, but none of its physical or orbital properties.  So everything you said is still true.

Hello, just found this wonderful pack, and have been watching Scott Manley for awhile. :D

Anyways, I have an error. Upon loading, KSP will crash, and Windows will alert me... of a crash. No idea of what I am doing wrong. I also tired installing it through CKAN. Same thing happened.

Here is my KSP log:

https://paste.ee/p/WsA9n

(Thanks in advance!)

6 hours ago, TheKerbalGigabyte said:

Hello, just found this wonderful pack, and have been watching Scott Manley for awhile. :D

Anyways, I have an error. Upon loading, KSP will crash, and Windows will alert me... of a crash. No idea of what I am doing wrong. I also tired installing it through CKAN. Same thing happened.

Here is my KSP log:

https://paste.ee/p/WsA9n

(Thanks in advance!)

You aren’t running the game in x64.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:53 PM, TheRagingScientist said:

Oh damn, didn't think of that. Very weird. but I like it. and I've learned something about orbital mechanics, so yay!

Landing on Lili is one of the many awesome activities in GPP which goes into the "Interesting Challenge" category.  They all contribute to making GPP the premier planet pack that it is. :cool: