[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

9 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

So it is indeed GPP related? May I ask the question how to tell the difference in this case, just for my personal curiosity?
The only abnormality I can find in the log is the passage I've alreaded posted in the kopernicus thread:

[LOG 23:08:42.677] Load(Model): GPP/GPP_KSC++/Assets/KK_Statics/kkrocketpad1
[ERR 23:08:42.839] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

So how can you tell if it is kopernicus which fails to create the mesh, or if it is the file provided from GPP which is required for kopernicus to create the mesh?
The only indication for this issue to be GPP related seems to be, that it is just Gael which is affected but even then: Why is the mesh of Gael different from the other planets?

If someone can be so kind to explain it to me, I would really appreciate it :)

The issue is due to a Squad change as far as I know. According to the Kopernicus dev, when kopernicus rebuilds the PQS it turns the LandControl CreateColor option to True. The colors you are seeing are the areas in which boulders, trees, grass, and thing of that nature that we have designated to render. 

It will be fixed eventually

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

The issue is due to a Squad change as far as I know. According to the Kopernicus dev, when kopernicus rebuilds the PQS it turns the LandControl CreateColor option to True. The colors you are seeing are the areas in which boulders, trees, grass, and thing of that nature that we have designated to render. 

So, basically you must know about the mechanics of KSP and kopernicus to understand this issue...guess this will never happen to me but I'm fine with that. Thanks for the explanation, I'll keep that in mind and who knows, maybe it will help me some day to track down an issue :)

Umm. Sorry if this is not the right place to ask. Just downloaded and installed GPP last night on current 1.4 (latest as of date of post from steam) KSP.

Found that when I started a new game I was still starting on Kerbin. After some meddling round with CKAN i tried again. No luck. I can even load my old saved game and see the 'new' system with its star. But the original Kerbal system is in place also!? So I figured this was cool as s**t and attempted to cross the void to it. After leaving the computer on full time warp running maneuvers during a shopping expedition with the family I returned to find I have over 160'000 days left of my journey. Is this normal? I guess my question is - what is the gameplay mechanic for GPP? Start on a new system with new planets or journey TO a new system and planets? I seem to be doing the latter but I get the feeling this was not the intention. After quite a lot of googling it is a hard one to find out (don't like to watch cretinous youtubers, much prefer to read information). So yes some clarification would be much appreciated.

Screenshot below :D

https://ibb.co/nrT8To

@Shaneaphone GPP by default replaces all the stock planets so you start out within its all-new planetary system, and it adds its star in an orbit only modestly far beyond its outermost planet. There is an optional mod within GPP called GPP Secondary which perfectly makes GPP and Grannus into a remote system and leaves the stock planets alone.

@Jammer-TD I have the impression that KSP 1.4.5 broke more in the planet modding sector than just PQS.

16 minutes ago, Shaneaphone said:

Found that when I started a new game I was still starting on Kerbin. After some meddling round with CKAN i tried again. No luck. I can even load my old saved game and see the 'new' system with its star. But the original Kerbal system is in place also!?

I guess you have installed 'GPP_Secondary' as well? ;) This is exactly what is supposed to happen if you install this second (optional) mod (IIRC, CKAN lists this mod as recommend).

Regarding the travel time: I can see at least 2 nodes in your screenshot...are you sure the node which will come up next is placed on the next patched cone? Probably it is just a node you will arrive after a 'flyby' of the Ciro system, return to Kerbin and again return to Ciro? I know, it somehow sounds stupid to happen but hey, something like this CAN happen (at least it happens to me xD).
What time of arrival is shown for the SOI change?

edit: :ph34r:

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I think my log agrees with you too... I only provide what I can to help(see snipped log). referencing "The World Beyond" PP seems to have similar issue with PQS

http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/7-18/theworldbeyond145.txt

Jammer

3 hours ago, SagansSpace said:

Hey,

after installing my ground textures around the space center are colored magenta :/

Anyone knows a fix?

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next version of Kopernicus.  In the meantime, there's nothing you can do but revert back to 1.4.3.

UPDATE

Changelog:

v1.6.3.1 for KSP 1.4.5

REQUIRES GPP_TEXTURES 4.2.1

• Fixed incorrect body name in Asteroids config.
  • Fixed incorrect body name in MechJeb config.
  • Fixed incorrect texture name in OPMClouds and StockClouds.
  • Fixed error in scatterer planet list (cause of 'black sky' bug).
  • Rewrote several scatterer configs to improve compatibility with Module Manager.
  • Increased Lili's surface gravity (can now land on most of its surface).
  • Deleted Lili's orbit line from tracking station/map view.
  • Revised Leto's atmosphere visual settings.
  • Updated CelestialBodies.pdf.
  • Strategia tweaks and fixes.
  • Other minor things nobody will notice.

Download and install instructions linked in the OP.

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, vagabond77 said:

I found a bug, I think.

When my ship has left the lauchpad, if I try to quick-save the game freeze.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fF2rkvnCsC2V_kpsBoDQ1BThltRsjdtn

I cannot reproduce your issue. 

also, I see this in your logs:

Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.

KSP does not allow you to save while in the atmosphere unless you are on the surface. So I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish.
EDIT: apparently you can save, but I still cannot replicate your issue. Try reinstalling the game.

Edited by Galileo

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

Changelog:

v1.6.3.1 for KSP 1.4.5

• Rewrote several scatterer configs to improve compatibility with Module Manager.

Is it safe to install this in a 1.4.3 game?  I looked at the .version file, and it seems ok, just trying to confirm before I totally bork my install.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is it safe to install this in a 1.4.3 game?

You should have no problem with 1.4.3.  Except for a couple minor last minute things, all of the changes were made and tested in 1.4.3.  So it was really the other way around; we had to test it and make sure it was safe in 1.4.5 before we released it.

23 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

You should have no problem with 1.4.3.  Except for a couple minor last minute things, all of the changes were made and tested in 1.4.3.  So it was really the other way around; we had to test it and make sure it was safe in 1.4.5 before we released it.

Thank you

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

Changelog:

v1.6.3.1 for KSP 1.4.5

LIKE A BOSS! :-P

6 hours ago, vagabond77 said:

Hi.

I think I found the cause of the issue.
If I delete the directory ... \ GameData \ SquadExpansion I have no problems.

When you tried to reproduce the issue SquadExpansion was installed?

Yes, I have the SquadExpansion folder