[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

14 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Is there any way I can get the amazing edited KSC complex that uses Kerbal Konstructs into the stock game?

No, it’s not possible. 

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

Are there any other suit packs that can be added?  

You can just not use Sigma Replacements and use TR. 

Does anyone know if there is a copy of this somewhere that has all the GPP planet data?

https://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

10 hours ago, Pleb said:

Or make your own using Sigma Replacements:

I3HtXTA.jpg

I think I'll look into how hard that is, I'm setting up all my crews into different teams and wanted to give them each a different looking outfit.   Just because. 

2 hours ago, eberkain said:

Does anyone know if there is a copy of this somewhere that has all the GPP planet data?

https://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

13 hours ago, Pleb said:

Of course.  Just by a happy coincidence, a new mod was released on Sunday which will do this for  you, works with all planets and moons in the current game: 

It doesn't yet have the antennas and/or antenna range yet, but that will be a nice addition

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 hours ago, Pleb said:

Or make your own using Sigma Replacements:

I looked and could not find an example I could understand and the sigma replacements github just has a dll with no documentation.  I just want to have more choices to flip through when clicking the new coat hanger icon, is that even possible? 

I looked and could not find an example I could understand and the sigma replacements github just has a dll with no documentation.  I just want to have more choices to flip through when clicking the new coat hanger icon, is that even possible? 

That is true I actually took a peek at the source code to figure out how to get different suits for different classes. It can look at several different types of requirements.

First of all look at this file for an example of how this is done in GPP: https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/blob/master/GameData/GPP/GPP_Replacements/Configs/Suits.cfg

This will show you how they have set up their IVA and EVA suits, although the only requirement shown here is the veteran requirement, which is pretty self explanatory. However you can also set other requirements:

name - This can be set to the name of the Kerbal you wish to change

trait - This can be Pilot, Scientist, Engineer, or Tourist (Or you may have more if you have a mod like MKS that creates additional traits/classes for Kerbals).

gender - This can be Male or Female.

isBadass - Can be True or False, depending on whether they are a Badass or not.

experienceLevel - Can be 0 to 5 (I think) depending on what level/star the Kerbal is.

These requirements can be used in any of the Sigma Replacements mods that change Kerbals, such as the suits, heads and descriptions. There are a few more so if you want take a look in the source code for Sigma Replacements, but this will be fine for just doing heads and suits and descriptions/sprites.

19 hours ago, eberkain said:

Is it safe to change that during a playthrough?

Yes it is. Once you're at the KSC view you can change the head and suit on any available kerbal.

3 hours ago, eberkain said:

Sigma Replacements does not allow changing kerbal suits on-demand/mid-game, afaik, but does allow giving custom suits per individual and I think, per level.

Assuming the coat hangar is an MH feature, I strongly doubt anyone is going to go wild making mods that require MH.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yes it is. Once you're at the KSC view you can change the head and suit on any available kerbal.

Sigma Replacements does not allow changing kerbal suits on-demand/mid-game, afaik, but does allow giving custom suits per individual and I think, per level.

Assuming the coat hangar is an MH feature, I strongly doubt anyone is going to go wild making mods that require MH.

So your saying the only way to change kerbals outfits with sigma replacements in via config files? 

Hello. I am starting a new playthrough with GPP, first time. And I'm wanting to make a spreadsheet with all the planetary body info including: SGP, Radius, Apoaps, Periaps. The radius is easy enough to find on the wiki. But the SGPs aren't given, and is only compared to "kerbin masses" with an accuracy of .01, which isn't enough decimals for my needs. Is there a place I can find the actual numbers?

What is the actual SGP of Ciro? I saw 1.275x10^18 somewhere. Is that exact? Or rounded? And the other planets? And the apoaps & periaps aren't given. Just the semi major. Is there a good place to find those exact values?

Thank you,

So your saying the only way to change kerbals outfits with sigma replacements in via config files? 

Yeah. Some of us aren't bothered by the need to change kerbal suits so conveniently so Sigma Replacements was not built with much in terms of UI or features for that. TextureReplacer has you covered.

1 hour ago, Crixomix said:

Hello. I am starting a new playthrough with GPP, first time. And I'm wanting to make a spreadsheet with all the planetary body info including: SGP, Radius, Apoaps, Periaps. The radius is easy enough to find on the wiki. But the SGPs aren't given, and is only compared to "kerbin masses" with an accuracy of .01, which isn't enough decimals for my needs. Is there a place I can find the actual numbers?

What is the actual SGP of Ciro? I saw 1.275x10^18 somewhere. Is that exact? Or rounded? And the other planets? And the apoaps & periaps aren't given. Just the semi major. Is there a good place to find those exact values?

Thank you,

What is SGP? in any case, the PDF included in the GPP download will help a lot more than the wiki will in terms of numbers. The GPP wiki uses data from the PDF. To get the Ap and Pe from an SMA you do, respectively (1 + Eccentricity) * SMA and (1 - Eccentricity) * SMA.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Okay, but is it possible to port the KK assets into the stock game so I can put them into my stock KSC? So I mean the floodlights, the landing pads, everything.

No, they can’t just be ported to the stock game. Each individual piece, each tree, every light and road are positioned with coordinates that correspond with Gaels geography. The effort one would have to put forward to make that happen would be immense. There is not an easy way to do it.

if you mean just use the models and you put them where ever you want, sure. They are available from Kerbinside and other mods linked in the KK thread. Might be the old KK thread. 

Edited by Galileo

10 hours ago, Crixomix said:

Thank you,

As @JadeOfMaar said, most of the data you want is included in the GPP download.  Just look for the file CelestialBodies.pdf.

Some of the numbers are rounded off; such as mass and gravitational parameter; while other are exact; such as radius, surface gravity, and semimajor axis (except for Gael, which has a SMA of exactly 13,982,766,706.4122 meters).

JadeOfMaar already told you how to compute the periapsis and apoapsis radii.  Just be aware that the Pe and Ap values given in the game are altitudes measured above "sea level", while Jade's method gives the distance measured from the center of the planet.

If you need to know the exact gravitational parameters, you can compute them as follows:

GM = (planet radius)^2 * (surface gravity) * 9.80665

where radius is in meters and surface gravity is in gees.  So for Ciro, the exact value is

GM = 70980000^2 * 25.8 * 9.80665 = 1.27471287271583E+18 m3/s2

I assume that SGP stands for "standard gravitational parameter".  If so, that's not an abbreviation I've ever seen before.  It is usually abbreviated GM (i.e. gravitational constant, G, times mass, M)  or μ.  

I'm the numbers guy for GPP.  So if you have any other questions, I should be able to answer.

Edited by OhioBob

6 hours ago, OhioBob said:

As @JadeOfMaar said, most of the data you want is included in the GPP download.  Just look for the file CelestialBodies.pdf.

Some of the numbers are rounded off; such as mass and gravitational parameter; while other are exact; such as radius, surface gravity, and semimajor axis (except for Gael, which has a SMA of exactly 13,982,766,706.4122 meters).

JadeOfMaar already told you how to compute the periapsis and apoapsis radii.  Just be aware that the Pe and Ap values given in the game are altitudes measured above "sea level", while Jade's method gives the distance measured from the center of the planet.

If you need to know the exact gravitational parameters, you can compute them as follows:

GM = (planet radius)^2 * (surface gravity) * 9.80665

where radius is in meters and surface gravity is in gees.  So for Ciro, the exact value is

GM = 70980000^2 * 25.8 * 9.80665 = 1.27471287271583E+18 m3/s2

I assume that SGP stands for "standard gravitational parameter".  If so, that's not an abbreviation I've ever seen before.  It is usually abbreviated GM (i.e. gravitational constant, G, times mass, M)  or μ.  

I'm the numbers guy for GPP.  So if you have any other questions, I should be able to answer.

Thank you!

And yeah SGP is my abbreviation for GM. I forgot that it's not a real thing and I made it up lol. 

So I did figure out how to find the ap/pe from e & a. But is the e value rounded? Or is it set to exactly those values that are in the pictures like ".05" and such?

So surface gravity is exactly the numbers it says it is? So that is the parameter that was set, along with radius, and then the standard gravitational parameter was dependent on those? Because I've been plugging in the "kerbin masses" to my spreadsheet. So if that's rounded, then I'm gonna have to go back and base all of them off of the surface gravity instead. 

Thank you for your help!

Also, is there a list of the science multipliers for each body somewhere?

Edited by Crixomix

10 hours ago, Crixomix said:

So I did figure out how to find the ap/pe from e & a. But is the e value rounded? Or is it set to exactly those values that are in the pictures like ".05" and such?

So surface gravity is exactly the numbers it says it is? So that is the parameter that was set, along with radius, and then the standard gravitational parameter was dependent on those? Because I've been plugging in the "kerbin masses" to my spreadsheet. So if that's rounded, then I'm gonna have to go back and base all of them off of the surface gravity instead. 

Thank you for your help!

Also, is there a list of the science multipliers for each body somewhere?

The exact values are those defined in the planet cfg files, from which everything else is calculated.  Some of the precisely defined parameters include:

• radius
  • geeASL
  • eccentricity
  • semiMajorAxis

These values should be correct in CelestialBodies.pdf, but if you want to make sure you're using the right numbers, just look them up in the cfg files.  You can find the cfgs in the following folder:

GameData/GPP/GPP_Planets/

Stuff like periapsis, apoapsis, gravitational parameter, and mass are computed values, but if you use the following equations, the computed values will be exactly the same as those used by KSP.

Pe radius = semiMajorAxis * (1 - eccentricity) 

Ap radius = semiMajorAxis * (1 + eccentricity)

gravParameter = radius^2 * geeASL * 9.80665

mass = gravParameter / 6.67408E-11

Don't use "kerbin masses" because that's a rounded off value.

The science multipliers for each body are also defined in the cfgs.

Edited by OhioBob

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The exact values are those defined in the planet cfg files, from which everything else is calculated.  Some of the precisely defined parameters include:

• radius
  • geeASL
  • eccentricity
  • semiMajorAxis

These values should be correct in CelestialBodies.pdf, but if you want to make sure you're using the right numbers, just look them up in the cfg files.  You can find the cfgs in the following folder:

GameDate/GPP/GPP_Planets/

Stuff like periapsis, apoapsis, gravitational parameter, and mass are computed values, but if you use the following equations, the computed values will be exactly the same as those used by KSP.

Pe radius = semiMajorAxis * (1 - eccentricity) 

Ap radius = semiMajorAxis * (1 + eccentricity)

GM = radius^2 * geeASL * 9.80665

mass = GM / 6.67408E-11

Don't use "kerbin masses" because that's a rounded off value.

The science multipliers for each body are also defined in the cfgs.

Thank you so much. Now I can accurately figure out all sorts of fun delta V costs in my spreadsheet :) Half the fun of my KSP playthrough is all the math!

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Oh. Can i make an expansion pack?

Didn’t you just drop an idea for an “expansion pack” because you have no idea how to “code”? 

Regardless, we already have our official expansion.