[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

my thought was that veterans were committed enough to the mission itself, having been there since the beginning, that they won't decide to ditch the mission from being in a cramped space for a long time.  i still keep the supply requirement, just not the homesickness

10 hours ago, AChambers1006 said:

Really? Even the slight glitching on the upper right of the planet is normal? This planet pack is the only one that has that graphical glitch. Its not a huge deal (It definitely does not lessen the amount of work that went into this) but it does draw my eye. Interestingly, I do not see this glitch with Gael. Only atmo planets that I have to travel to. 

OK, I think I see what you're talking about (I was looking at something else).  I'm not sure what the problem is, nor how to fix it.

@OhioBob @AChambers1006 I think that glitch is exclusive to scatterer (or merely a non-too-precise setting in GPP's config for it). I've seen enough of that myself. Scatterer's rendering isn't in 3D layers but is all postprocessing in a layer virtually right before the camera, so the planet's PQS doesn't occlude where it should, also that horizon is pretty far offset.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@OhioBob @AChambers1006 I think that glitch is exclusive to scatterer (or merely a non-too-precise setting in GPP's config for it). I've seen enough of that myself. Scatterer's rendering isn't in 3D layers but is all postprocessing in a layer virtually right before the camera, so the planet's PQS doesn't occlude where it should, also that horizon is pretty far offset.

I see. Is there any setting I can change for this in scatterer? 

2 hours ago, AChambers1006 said:

I see. Is there any setting I can change for this in scatterer? 

No, not currently. Scatterer rendered in a perfect circle, where planets do not, resulting in the layering you see there.

How does scatterer work for this mod? I installed it, but when I play the game, the very first thing I see on the menu is Gael without an atmosphere, just clouds placed on the planet. When I uninstall it, the hazy-like atmosphere returns.

Nevermind, it was something I was doing wrong. I was going into tracking station as soon as I installed scatterer and opening KSP.

Edited by Shad_The_Knight

5 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Is it compatible with KSC extended?

No, it's not. Gael's topology and the GSC being in a different location cause this. And the GSC Island might not have enough space for KSC Extended. Its author would likely have to delete a few things or create a whole new layout to fit the island.

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No, it's not. Gael's topology and the GSC being in a different location cause this. And the GSC Island might not have enough space for KSC Extended. Its author would likely have to delete a few things or create a whole new layout to fit the island.

Bad.But what if i place buildings myself with Omega's Stockalike Structures and Tundra's Space Center?

8 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

But what if i place buildings myself

Be my guest and do so. And do it well because we'll be waiting. Many may want to use KSC Extended with GPP but you're only the first who asked.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

how do I switch launch pads when I have Kerbal Konstructs installed? I've had it before and all I needed was to click and select it, but now I can't do that.

Go into the SPH or VAB (which one you enter does affect your options) then click the KK button in the app bar near the bottom right of the screen. The launchpad dialog will appear.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Not sure if this needs to be posted here, in the KK forum, or wherever KSC++ is, but the Heavy runway by the GSC has several seams in it that cause craft to bounce like crazy during takeoff.

Noticed the same thing at the Broken Arrow runway. Seams that cause the craft to start bouncing and make it impossible to maintain a straight take off course.

Edited by armegeddon

On 1/12/2019 at 3:05 AM, AG5BPilot said:

Did anyone happen to catch last night's episode of Fox's "The Orville"?

The planet (high gravity, but atmosphere and temperature similar to Earth) looked uncannily like Tellumo, even down to the gap in the rings where Lili orbits.  Even the shots from the ground with the faint rings overhead looked oh so familiar.

You mean Xyelian Homeworld? I think it has much more surface gravity than Tellumo.

See that  bottle being crushed into a thin firm? It shouldn't happen with just Tellumo gravity.

On 1/30/2019 at 3:06 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Go into the SPH or VAB (which one you enter does affect your options) then click the KK button in the app bar near the bottom right of the screen. The launchpad dialog will appear.

Thank you, but now (I think this is just a KK issue here) whenever I decide to change locations, the center will either appear underwater, the terrain will be completely broken, a mix of the two, except the ocean is now diagonal, or absolutely gone.

so, after tellumo my hopes were super high for nero's rings, i was thinking there was gonna be something super cool there since the description of the planet says theres more than meets the eye, but, uh, theres nothing. i don't get it, i mean, they're pretty, but theres gotta be more to them than that right? is it something less obvious?