[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

I'm trying to setup a minimal working modpack with GPP rescaled to x3.2 and KK (for GPP_KSC++). However, I must be missing something because I'm getting the upgraded KSC scattered all around the place as if KKtoSD was not installed.

My setup:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
GPPTextureChecker v0.0.0.0
KerbalRenamer v1.0.0.0
SuitProg v0.0.0.0
Sigma88LoadingScreens v0.4.0.0
KerbalKonstructs v2.0.0.0 / v1.4.5.64
Kopernicus.OnDemand v1.0.0.0
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.6.0
Kopernicus.Components v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus.Parser v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
SigmaDimensions v1.0.0.0
KKtoSD v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
Sigma88LoadingScreens v0.4.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35

Folders and files in GameData:
GPP
KerbalKonstructs
KKtoSD
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
RESCALE
Sigma
Stock folder: Squad

KSP.log file:

https://gist.github.com/Marandil/5e57fc0161cf844042afb727ed57f676

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Marandil said:

I rolled back with this to 1.6.1, reinstalled all the mods and still the ksc++ is scattered all over the damn island. Anything I may be missing?

Should I ask in another thread instead? 

I'm afraid I know nothing about ksc++.  That was all done by the other guys on the team.  I also don't use it.  Hopefully one of the other guys can shed some light on the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Does this work with 1.7?

Just installed this with 1.7 and it works fine :D

Apparently, and I'm no expert on this, you should delete the GPP_Scatterer directory if you use Scatterer versions greater tjam v2v0.0336.  This has worked for me to remove the black cloud problem.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Are there plans for this mod pack to implement the new features of the Breaking Ground DLC?  The surface science stuff?

It hasn't been discussed, but I would say no.  TeamGalileo is finished with GPP and has moved on the next project, JNSQ.  JNSQ is still a work in progress, and there are plans to incorporate some of the new features.

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It hasn't been discussed, but I would say no.  TeamGalileo is finished with GPP and has moved on the next project, JNSQ.  JNSQ is still a work in progress, and there are plans to incorporate some of the new features.

That's a shame as I find GPP far more interesting than JNSQ

Hi,

I have two separate issues going on. I booted up today after being away for a few months, and the clouds were nowhere to be seen. The cloud file was correct and in the GPP folder: this is an existing save, and the clouds were working normally before today. I had updated Grannus Expansion Pack and Kopernicus before starting today. My second issue is the black sky/black water bug with Scatterer. I was able to fix the sky per discussion earlier in this thread, but the water is still inky black. Any help would be appreciated. 

Relevent info:

KSP 1.7.1

GPP 1.6.3.1

GEP 1.0.1.4

scatterer 0.0.540 (value 'skyExposure' patched per discussion earlier in this thread: black sky is fixed but water is still black)

Kopernicus 1.7.1-4

EVE 1.4.0-1

Again, the clouds were working normally a few months ago (even showing on the main menu contrary to claims), but when I updated Kopernicus and GEP today they were absent. I have re-downloaded the above mods today and at least once each.

Log file

14 hours ago, Sluggo said:

Hi,

I have two separate issues going on. I booted up today after being away for a few months, and the clouds were nowhere to be seen. The cloud file was correct and in the GPP folder: this is an existing save, and the clouds were working normally before today. I had updated Grannus Expansion Pack and Kopernicus before starting today. My second issue is the black sky/black water bug with Scatterer. I was able to fix the sky per discussion earlier in this thread, but the water is still inky black. Any help would be appreciated. 

Relevent info:

KSP 1.7.1

GPP 1.6.3.1

GEP 1.0.1.4

scatterer 0.0.540 (value 'skyExposure' patched per discussion earlier in this thread: black sky is fixed but water is still black)

Kopernicus 1.7.1-4

EVE 1.4.0-1

Again, the clouds were working normally a few months ago (even showing on the main menu contrary to claims), but when I updated Kopernicus and GEP today they were absent. I have re-downloaded the above mods today and at least once each.

Log file

Revert to scatterer version v2v0.0336 . It happened to me yesterday and i did this.

6 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Revert to scatterer version v2v0.0336 . It happened to me yesterday and i did this.

Hi Nicky,

That fixed the black water but doesn't fix the black skybox. Completely deleting scatterer also doesn't fix the clouds not showing up.

20 hours ago, Sluggo said:

Well, my patch requires the updated scatterer config available in the gpp github repo. If you install just my patch, you will end up with exactly this issue...except for the missing clouds, I have no idea why they don't show up for you but a log might be useful :)

24 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Well, my patch requires the updated scatterer config available in the gpp github repo. If you install just my patch, you will end up with exactly this issue...except for the missing clouds, I have no idea why they don't show up for you but a log might be useful :)

I saw the github repo but I had no idea what to do with the...commits? comments? I have no idea what those are. And the log's linked at the bottom of my original comment up above.

43 minutes ago, Sluggo said:

And the log's linked at the bottom of my original comment up above.

Ah, missed the link.

Apparently, you got a "kopernicus" folder inside your GameData but no kopernicus.dll...even ModuleManager adds it to the mod list just because the folder is there:

Mods by directory (sub directories of GameData):
[snip]
  Kopernicus

The .version for kopernicus is still there....no clue what happend there but installting kopernicus should help :)

As soon as EVE tries to parse the configs for the mod planets, it crashes...probably because the planets actually don't exist:

LOG 12:48:45.143] [EVE PQSManagerClass]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	body = Nero
	deactivateDistance = 175000
}

43 minutes ago, Sluggo said:

I saw the github repo but I had no idea what to do with the...commits? comments?

Well, in this case, the easiest way is to download the whole repo, delete the "GPP_Scatterer" from the installed version of GPP, and replace it with the "GPP_Scatterer" folder from the downloaded repo:

Spoiler

OCXSemy.png

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

So apparently if you download from https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/tree/master/build, the Plugins folder is missing the .dll files. If you download from https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/, it has the .dll files. After noticing this, I used the download from the 2nd link and it fixed the cloud issue and black skybox. I have no idea what the difference is but I'm going to accept it for what it is and move on from that part of my life. Now the only issue I have is that there's still the inky-black oceans.  Here's the updated log from just now:

New log

And a photo of the Mordor Oceans

3989A0FDA84F3C08E2A9AFF35B61E02C65F3DA94

1 hour ago, Sluggo said:

I have no idea what the difference is but I'm going to accept it for what it is and move on from that part of my life. Now the only issue I have is that there's still the inky-black oceans.  Here's the updated log from just now:

New log

Glad to hear the clouds are working now but did you also replace the scatterer configs for gpp?

Is the screenshot from Gael or a different planet?

Would you mind to upload the ModuleManager.ConfigCache as well?

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Ah, missed the link.

Apparently, you got a "kopernicus" folder inside your GameData but no kopernicus.dll...even ModuleManager adds it to the mod list just because the folder is there:

Mods by directory (sub directories of GameData):
[snip]
  Kopernicus

The .version for kopernicus is still there....no clue what happend there but installting kopernicus should help :)

As soon as EVE tries to parse the configs for the mod planets, it crashes...probably because the planets actually don't exist:

LOG 12:48:45.143] [EVE PQSManagerClass]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	body = Nero
	deactivateDistance = 175000
}

Well, in this case, the easiest way is to download the whole repo, delete the "GPP_Scatterer" from the installed version of GPP, and replace it with the "GPP_Scatterer" folder from the downloaded repo:

Reveal hidden contents

OCXSemy.png

24 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Glad to hear the clouds are working now but did you also replace the scatterer configs for gpp?

Is the screenshot from Gael or a different planet?

Would you mind to upload the ModuleManager.ConfigCache as well?

Success! Using the one from the download you linked worked. It's going to be so weird actually playing the game for once instead of spending hours updating mods and quitting in frustration.

1 minute ago, Sluggo said:

Success! Using the one from the download you linked worked. It's going to be so weird actually playing the game for once instead of spending hours updating mods and quitting in frustration.

Glad to hear :)

After all the frustration, I hope you can enjoy the game and this beautiful planet pack now :)