[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 8/29/2019 at 9:41 PM, OhioBob said:

With a major rewrite, probably.  It's never going to happen though unless you do it yourself.

I am recently returned and a bit bad at the search function, so I hope you will indulge me, but what ever happened to GPP secondary? (I was looking for that and GEP to put on a fresh 1.7.3 install and can't find any of it listed in CKAN)

19 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

I am recently returned and a bit bad at the search function, so I hope you will indulge me, but what ever happened to GPP secondary? (I was looking for that and GEP to put on a fresh 1.7.3 install and can't find any of it listed in CKAN)

Since the last official releases of GPP, GPP Secondary and GEP were for KSP 1.6.3, you need to flag 1.6 as compatible with your 1.7.3 install.  In CKAN go to Settings > Compatible KSP versions... and select 1.7 and 1.6.  They should now show up.  That said, I followed the manual install instructions from the OP for GPP and GEP so I can't be of much more help than that.

Note, however, that you may run into problems with Scatterer and Kerbal Konstructs.  The last Scatterer version I've found to be compatible with GPP v1.6.3.1and KSP v1.7.3 is v0.0336.  KK was giving me weird runway scaling problems so I uninstalled it (YMMV).

Edited by Brigadier
Spelling error

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, GrubbyZebra said:

GPP is supposedly on CKAN, but GEP is not.  I don't use CKAN myself, so I can't help with that.  However, there's no reason that I know of that should keep you from using GPP_Secondary and GEP.  Be advised, however, that GEP has been updated for the most recent scatterer and Kopernicus, while GPP has not.  Some of those changes are not backwards compatible.  So if you want to use scatterer with GPP, you have to use an old version of scatterer (v0.336 as I recall).  And if you want to use GEP with GPP/scatterer, you have to use an old version of GEP that's compatible with the old scatterer (v1.0.1.3).

To use GPP_Secondary and GEP, your GameData folder should include the following:

• GEP
  • GPP
  • GPP_Secondary
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • ModuleManager

GPP_Secondary is included in the "Optional Mods" folder of the downloaded zip file.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, GrubbyZebra said:

I thought someone mentioned earlier that GPP didn't work with 1.7.

To be honest, I don't remember.  So much has changed recently that I've lost track.  It might not work.

I know Kopernicus implemented some big changes with, I think, version 1.7.1.  You might have to roll back to KSP/Kopernicus 1.7 or earlier for GPP to work.

The latest GEP definitely works with the current KSP, but GEP has been upgraded, GPP has not.

Edited by OhioBob

11 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Thanks. None of it was showing up, and I thought someone mentioned earlier that GPP didn't work with 1.7.

I'm currently running KSP v1.7.3, GPP v1.6.3.1 (high res clouds), GEP v1.0.1.5 with Scatterer v0.0336 (although without KK) and everything seems to be working just fine.

6 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Really?  GEP 1.0.1.5 configs are written for scatterer 0.0540.  I didn't think they were backwards compatible.

Not sure what might be going on then, but with GPP & GEP at those versions I had to backtrack on Scatterer to solve the black sky problem.  This combination has been stable for me since then.  Since GEP wasn't installed via CKAN, the GEP .version file supplied that version number.  I think I'm correct on that one.

I haven't visited the Grannus system yet so I can't say definitively that there are no problems.

9 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I haven't visited the Grannus system yet so I can't say definitively that there are no problems.

GEP 1.0.1.5 should work fine with GPP and KSP 1.7.3, but I don't know about the scatterer configs.  If when you get to Grannus you find that the scatterer atmospheres are messed up, you may need to roll back to GEP 1.0.1.3.

On 8/25/2019 at 3:18 PM, Galileo said:
On 8/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, Irrehaare said:

Can anyone with GPP already installed let us know it it's fully compatible with breaking grounds? (my emphasis)

It's not

Sorry to bother you, but does this mean that GPP will break completely and utterly if I have BG installed, or merely that you have no deployed science definitions? Because I would really like to try out this, and I can do without deployed science and surface features, but I really like the robotic parts and especially the propellors.

6 hours ago, fulgur said:

Sorry to bother you, but does this mean that GPP will break completely and utterly if I have BG installed, or merely that you have no deployed science definitions? Because I would really like to try out this, and I can do without deployed science and surface features, but I really like the robotic parts and especially the propellors.

I can't answer the question completely, but I'm running GPP with BG so it doesn't break completely.  I suspect, and someone else will likely answer more fully, it's just the surface features that don't work.

Hello,

just wanted to ask about Argo and its cryovulcanism. Just recently did a mission to it but for the life of me couldnt find any signs of it. When I went digging into the files, I found in GPP_Clouds DDS files for geyser and geyserdetails both of which are white DDSs. Is there any newer version or am I doing sth wrong? 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Galileo, please don't burry this mod.

I find it superior to everythign else in ksp, including JNSQ.

It hasn't been forgotten about it's just  that Team Galileo have been hard at work on JNSQ instead. I agree that as far as 1.0x scale systems go this is my personal favourite. Now, if this was in 2.7x... :wink:

6 hours ago, Pleb said:

It hasn't been forgotten about it's just  that Team Galileo have been hard at work on JNSQ instead. I agree that as far as 1.0x scale systems go this is my personal favourite. Now, if this was in 2.7x... :wink:

I've been interested in rescale systems for a while. Does JNSQ appropriately scale engine ISP, fuel fractions, etc., or is it meant to be a great challenge?

1 hour ago, darwinpatrick said:

I've been interested in rescale systems for a while. Does JNSQ appropriately scale engine ISP, fuel fractions, etc., or is it meant to be a great challenge?

JNSQ is natively 1/4 real scale. This allows for an RSS type of experience while using stock parts. 

44 minutes ago, darwinpatrick said:

It's not too difficult though is it? What's delta-v to orbit, for example?

It's not crazy hard by any means, but it is meant to be more difficult.  Largely because many people think that stock is far too easy.  1/4 scale brings it to about where it should be to have a gaming experience that feels more lifelike (without having to change fuel fractions, etc.).  Delta-v to orbit is about 4900 m/s.  Delta-v for most other maneuvers is about 65% greater than at stock scale.  It's intended to make you burn through about as many stages to complete a mission as it would in real life.  No more easy SSTO for instance.

Edited by OhioBob

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gilbershaft said:

Is there a version of KSP that “works best” for GPP?

I would think not. There's no reason to not try GPP on any particular KSP version. It will work fine in KSP 1.4.5+ and should be just fine in 1.7.3.