[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

8 hours ago, HughesHeadHunter said:

So i just downloaded GPP. I have a bunch of other mods installed too. Whenever I enter the SOI of Ceti my game crashes. I can cheat it into orbit and its fine, only whe switching SOIs. Please help

I suspect the community experts will need to see your log file(s) to help you diagnose this.  Read the post in the linked topic in my sig block below for assistance and post links to your files here.

Edited by Brigadier
Clarity

9 hours ago, HughesHeadHunter said:

So i just downloaded GPP. I have a bunch of other mods installed too. Whenever I enter the SOI of Ceti my game crashes. I can cheat it into orbit and its fine, only whe switching SOIs. Please help

This is likely due to the kerbal renamer and possibly kerbal replacements, both of which have been known to be buggy.  I recommend deleting the folders GPP_Renamer and GPP_Replacements.  That should fix the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Faninow said:

Will there be any language support?

I think there is already Spanish support.  Other than that, no.  Unless somebody steps up and volunteers to do a translation.

• 1 month later...

The presentation of the planet pack say: "geological features hiding on them that can pass for anomalies".

Do you know anything about it? Were they ever found?

I didn't find any. How i find them? There is a list somewhere or I should put myself in low orbit and just look every km^2 of the planets surface? I can't read all 294 pages.

I to am still having issues running this with JNSQ and GEP

using the reqiured rescale and setting this planet to secondery still causes the game to hang at load and leading to a crash after some time waiting.
i see a few other people with the same issue Linux and one other reading back a few posts but no one has found out why :(

@Galileo

@OhioBob

I don't seem to have any clouds but the aurora do appear. As far as I know I installed everything correctly, the textures are in the GPP folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=Knipsel.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/25jmpzy32biyuw7jthfo2/Naamloos3.png?rlkey=a805aquooxycr8br250vof50p&dl=0
Here are my logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ipbqy03orw0t6y/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/789xr8et4hdl8ik/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by Folkhoer

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JNSQFan said:

For some reason, gael’s terrain appears unusually steep in my save of the latest GPP. The mountains next to the KSC are nearly 9000 meters tall.

If you are asking for help, you're going to have to provide more information than that.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

If you are asking for help, you're going to have to provide more information than that.

I think it is a problem with the mods I installed since the terrain was fixed after cleaning the mod list up using CKAN. Probably an issue with the VertexHeightMaps stacking together (added twice), most landforms seem to be twice as high. Problem has been resolved

Edited by JNSQFan

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

is here the right place to get help by a problem caused by GPP? If yes, in an other topic of this forum I asked for help because my KSP crashed after fixed time. I uploaded there my log file and some intelligent people tell me that the crash origin is the GPP_Renamer. You can find all informations i get yet here:

so do anyone know what the problem is with the GPP_Renamer and how it can be solved?

Greetings from Germany

DZ

On 10/20/2023 at 3:52 AM, DZ885 said:

so do anyone know what the problem is with the GPP_Renamer and how it can be solved?

You should be able to just delete the folder GameData/GPP/GPP_Renamer.  You might have to start a new game after deleting, however.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, SpaceCardelka129 said:

Game keeps freezing when I try do some things (not always), Restarting the game brings the same results. This pack is gorgeous and I can't miss my opportunity to finish my career there so is there any solution?

First thing would be to provide some more details.  I would recommend posting your log files here for others to vet.  See this topic for some guidance:

It's difficult to diagnose problems without information, such as is the game freezing when you do something in particular?  After a period of time?  Randomly?   What version of KSP and GPP do you have installed?  How did you install your mods (manually or CKAN)?   Does this occur to you in an unmodded KSP game?

Could you be running out of usable RAM?

8 hours ago, Brigadier said:

It's difficult to diagnose problems without information, such as is the game freezing when you do something in particular?  After a period of time?  Randomly?   What version of KSP and GPP do you have installed?  How did you install your mods (manually or CKAN)?   Does this occur to you in an unmodded KSP game?

Could you be running out of usable RAM?

I deployed some science from BG on Iota and then moved to Space Center to warp time. When science reaches 270 game freezes and starts unresponding. This also happened for some time before entering Iota's SOI.

I don't thinks it's because of RAM or vanilla game works just fine, 

Installed manually.

Edited by SpaceCardelka129

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Publius Kerman said:

I know this is from an old post but, just curious, did you ever change the hard coding?

Not in the current version.  It will be removed, however, if and when I ever get around to releasing an update.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Not in the current version.  It will be removed, however, if and when I ever get around to releasing an update.

Well, I asked because they are in fact not hard coded and can be edited out in the .cfg the op was talking about

On 10/20/2023 at 3:52 AM, DZ885 said:

For anyone who just doesn't like flying with anyone other then Jeb, or you're experiencing crashing related to GPP_Renamer; it's Like Ohio said, you can just delete it, it's a very trivial and arbitrary feature though any Kerbals that spawned you would have to rename back in your save. If you still want the renamer you can try and edit the .cfg file if your confident enough, you can open it with notepad. You're looking for the name replacing line at the beginning of the text document---
       // Names
        preserveOriginals = false;
        generateFirstNames = true;
        generateLastNames = true;
        useSuffixes = true;
        Suffixes
        {

---Change these to---

// Names
        preserveOriginals = true;
        generateFirstNames = false;
        generateLastNames = false;
        useSuffixes = true;
        Suffixes
        {

---Do a control+F and find any instance of last name and make sure it's set back to Kerman.---

}
                LASTNAME1
                {
                        key = Gaelan                                                                ---Should read--- key = Kerman
                }

---And get rid of these entries at the bottom. I actually ended up using them to make some of my own custom Kerbals but it's probably best you get rid of them to make it cleaner and prevent any conflicts or errors.---

}
        CustomVeteran
        {
                name = Galileo Gaelan
                gender = Male
                trait = Pilot
                isBadass = true
                courage = 0.5
                stupidity = 0.5
        }
        CustomVeteran
        {
                name = Bobert Gaelan
                gender = Male
                trait = Scientist
                isBadass = false
                courage = 0.3
                stupidity = 0.1
        }
        CustomVeteran
        {
                name = Jade Gaelan
                gender = Male
                trait = Engineer
                isBadass = false
                courage = 0.5
                stupidity = 0.8
        }
        CustomVeteran
        {
                name = Poody Gaelan
                gender = Female
                trait = Pilot
                isBadass = true
                courage = 0.55
                stupidity = 0.4
        }
        CustomVeteran
        {
                name = Sigma Gaelan
                gender = Female
                trait = Scientist
                isBadass = false
                courage = 0.1
                stupidity = 0.1
        }
        CustomVeteran
        {
                name = Raging Gaelan
                gender = Male
                trait = Engineer
                isBadass = false
                courage = 0.25
                stupidity = 0.5
        }
}

On 1/16/2024 at 8:02 AM, SpaceCardelka129 said:

Game keeps freezing when I try do some things (not always), Restarting the game brings the same results. This pack is gorgeous and I can't miss my opportunity to finish my career there so is there any solution?

Might also want to try ditching the renamer and then trying to load again.

Edited by Publius Kerman