[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Does the "Suit Progression" work for science games, or is it only for career games?  I realize that there's no upgrading of the Astronaut Complex in science games, so if it's in science games as well, is it fully upgraded automatically at the start?

Edited by MaxxQ

5 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

Does the "Suit Progression" work for science games, or is it only for career games?  I realize that there's no upgrading of the Astronaut Complex in science games, so if it's in science games as well, is it fully upgraded automatically at the start?

It's maxed out in science and sandbox games

Just now, Galileo said:

It's maxed out in science and sandbox games

Thank you.  Getting ready to start installing and start a new game.  Been puttering around in my 1.2.2 build, waiting for this to be updated.

So, guess what I get to do this entire weekend?

Okay... haven't started a proper game yet, but everything is installed from GPP (everything I want installed, anyway) and seems to be working just fine.  Still need to install all the OTHER mods I use, and that will take another couple-three hours.

Great job Galileo, Pood, Jade, and Bob.  I just can't play the game anymore without this mod.

I'm preparing a science game myself as well. I'd like to resume from where I abruptly left off in 1.2.2 (not far at all) but there are all new mods to try out, some custom engines to setup, :) and a new mid to end game plan.

Oh no!  Linux x64 isn't working.  Spamming Nullrefs on the StarlightSwitcher - same problem @Gameslinx is having, documented here

The game loads up to the main menu, them when I try to load a save or start a new game it hangs on the black screen just before KSC appears.  Spinny planets icon in the bottom left corner keep spinning forever, and this appears in KSP.log forever:

[EXC 19:19:53.637] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher.Update ()

New KSP install, new GPP and Textures download, followed directions precisely (I have a working 1.2 version).  Please let me know if there's anything I'm doing wrong or I can do to help troubleshoot.

ksp.log

Edit: So that's what happens when you don't install the GPP_Textures folder in Linux. *facepalm*

Working fine now :):)

Edited by Jetski

8 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

Quick question: I want to install Pood's Deep Star Map Skybox, but CKAN says I need Texture Replacer.  Will that conflict with the Texture Replacer - GPP included in GPP?

The texture replacer included isn't the full mod and won't do anything without installing the actual mod. CKAN will merge our folders with those of TR

Just now, Galileo said:

The texture replacer included isn't the full mod and won't do anything without installing the actual mod. CKAN will merge our folders with those of TR

Thanks again.  I figured as much, but wanted to make sure.

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Careful, @Galileo nearly had to repeat himself for the 125,000th time :P:P

Indeed.  And after I had just gotten my 1.2 version working :) No excuses here.  That could be the problem I was having with your mod, though @Gameslinx, (not me screwing up a directory like I did here) but maybe the game is just not finding one or more of your texture files within the Linux file structure because of case sensitivity.  The fact that the error is the same gives me hope :)

Also I'm getting ready for my first interplanetary voyage into Galileo's universe!  Explored Iota and Ceti, ignoring a stupid docking contract for Iota and using Strategia to pick my best option

Edited by Jetski

27 minutes ago, Jetski said:

Indeed.  And after I had just gotten my 1.2 version working :) No excuses here.  That could be the problem I was having with your mod, though @Gameslinx, (not me screwing up a directory like I did here) but maybe the game is just not finding one or more of your texture files within the Linux file structure because of case sensitivity.  The fact that the error is the same gives me hope :)

Also I'm getting ready for my first interplanetary voyage into Galileo's universe!  Explored Iota and Ceti, ignoring a stupid docking contract for Iota and using Strategia to pick my best option

Screenshots as tribute. Required.

Edited by Galileo

OK, here's a successful landing on Niven, my very first.  Turns out I didn't need all those radiators, and I possibly should have brought some batteries :)

Having a little glitch planting flags - game hung up on the flag animation and I clicked it a few more times for fun, now Bargee Gaelian is holding -7 flags, and is stuck slowly turning circles on the surface of Niven.  I'm going to try a reload.  Graphics are excellent so far, and I love that all the biomes so far have good quotes, not just "you collected information about the surface" or some filler junk.

If I can recover Bargee safely, I'm sending him to Nero I think

mUhaiFA.jpg

jv9wTke.png

Just a quick heads- up: The Kerbal Renamer mod locks up the Astronaut Complex window and you can't exit the scene any longer. This bug is also there in RP-0 for example when playing sandbox. This was played in sandbox too, I couldn't grab the log unfortunately but will do so later today.

I don't remember if this also happens in career.

41 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Just a quick heads- up: The Kerbal Renamer mod locks up the Astronaut Complex window and you can't exit the scene any longer. This bug is also there in RP-0 for example when playing sandbox. This was played in sandbox too, I couldn't grab the log unfortunately but will do so later today.

I don't remember if this also happens in career.

Was it a fresh game or did you load a save with a Kerbal in flight? 

I had this happen too, but after starting a new sandbox game, the problem is gone.

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Was it a fresh game or did you load a save with a Kerbal in flight? 

I had this happen too, but after starting a new sandbox game, the problem is gone.

I opened the AC when I had the veterans in flight.

I also had the same bug on a complete fresh install. I know this bug, I try to submit the needed stuff to the Kerbal Renamer Github. Although I don't know if rsparkyc working actively on KSP atm.

5 minutes ago, Theysen said:

I opened the AC when I had the veterans in flight.

I also had the same bug on a complete fresh install. I know this bug, I try to submit the needed stuff to the Kerbal Renamer Github. Although I don't know if rsparkyc working actively on KSP atm.

Ok cool, so that seems to be a good way to replicate the bug. @TheRagingIrishman Is going to revamp the code in the next few days, and perhaps he can find the bug. In the meantime, do you have logs he can look at? I had some odd errors going on but at the time, I figured the issue was all my fault so I didn't save them.

13 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok cool, so that seems to be a good way to replicate the bug. @TheRagingIrishman Is going to revamp the code in the next few days, and perhaps he can find the bug. In the meantime, do you have logs he can look at? I had some odd errors going on but at the time, I figured the issue was all my fault so I didn't save them.

Will upload them when I have access again to that KSP install, for sure!

@Galileo @TheRagingIrishman

So here are the two logs, error is at the end, I quit KSP after it.

Maybe you can find the culprit and also PR those fixes into the RO parent organisation if you get around it? :)

Just upon entering the AC it nullrefs and then by purchasing any astronaut again, clicking Exit building generates more error log in the console. Game is then locked.

Hope it helps, cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t3khlad6zfs84es/AACv1-3tWWe-4F46JpALfgdya?dl=1

Edited by Theysen

May I suggest that, in the install instructions, you specify that there is a new texture file to download? I was having an error until I realized it. Didn't think of it at first because for a few versions the texture file was always the same.

thank you!

Edited by se1rahc
typo

10 minutes ago, se1rahc said:

May I suggest that, in the install instructions, you specify that there is a new texture file to download? I was having an error until I realized it. Didn't think of it at first because for a few versions the texture file was always the same.

thank you!

We can do that. I figured having the compatible versions in the GitHub readme, above the download link, would be sufficient. 

The good news is that there aren't any plans to touch the textures again. 

Edited by Galileo

On a related note regarding the Renamer, I had not really a bug, but maybe something to note.  I started a new science game last night, and it wasn't until a couple minor suborbital flights had been done that I realized that the flights were being made by Jeb Kerman, and not Galileo Gaelan.  I went to the astronaut complex to take a look at who was there, and the renamed Gaeleans were all there - no Kermans to be found anywhere.  Went back to the VAB and all the Kermans that were there in the crew assignment list before were now changed to Gaelans.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that it seems you need to go to the astronaut complex in order to make the Renamer take effect - and if I missed that in the install instructions, then just ignore me and I'll go hide in a corner from embarrasment.

Congrats on the update!
I've been playing the Dev version of GPP 1.3 for the past couple months (as I didn't have a copy of 1.2.2 KSP to use because Steam), and am excited to have switched it over to the fully-compatible version.
I did read the notes that the numbers for planets/bodies changed and was able to figure out the changes that were pertinent to my save except for one (Tellumo), but was still able to save the majority of my work.
Here's hoping the Kopernicus update to fix scatterer will soon follow!

Edited by everchanging02
clarity