[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

13 hours ago, lunaris69 said:

so, after tellumo my hopes were super high for nero's rings, i was thinking there was gonna be something super cool there since the description of the planet says theres more than meets the eye, but, uh, theres nothing. i don't get it, i mean, they're pretty, but theres gotta be more to them than that right? is it something less obvious?

There's nothing special about the rings per se that I know off.  The only unique feature of which I'm aware is that the planet's axis, the rings, and the orbits of the moons are all inclined about 10 degrees.  (You need to be using EVE to get the inclination, otherwise there's no tilt).

@lunaris69 Nero's rings contain their own asteroid field, more densely populated than Tellumo's. There might be an exo-resource concentration in the general area of Nero's rings. In conjunction with Nero's moons you have the opportunity to farm those asteroids and gather them at Nero's moons if you're really creative with them.

7 minutes ago, lunaris69 said:

wait how do i spot them? none showed on my flyby

Just entering each planet's influence and waiting a while is enough. The asteroid config might be bugged if you've been there a long time and you haven't seen any. Otherwise if the asteroid field around Ciro is too thick then they're much less likely to spawn at the ringed planets.

Does there exist an official set of configs for Kerbalism radiation with GPP? If not, I can write my own config, but if there are official settings I would prefer to use those. I have both Kerbalism and GPP (and all dependencies) installed in 1.6.1, but radiation belts do not exist anywhere except for Gael (which seems to use an identical model to Kerbin with the stock system; I have no idea whether or not this is intended) and Ciro (which, instead of a heliopause, has a directional magnetopause similar to that of a planet despite it being a star), so if there are official settings then either they are inexplicably malfunctioning or they are not included as part of either mod's download.

46 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Does there exist an official set of configs for Kerbalism radiation with GPP? If not, I can write my own config, but if there are official settings I would prefer to use those. I have both Kerbalism and GPP (and all dependencies) installed in 1.6.1, but radiation belts do not exist anywhere except for Gael (which seems to use an identical model to Kerbin with the stock system; I have no idea whether or not this is intended) and Ciro (which, instead of a heliopause, has a directional magnetopause similar to that of a planet despite it being a star), so if there are official settings then either they are inexplicably malfunctioning or they are not included as part of either mod's download.

There used to be an official cfg, but we dropped support due to the instability of Kerbalism. I have no idea if the cfgs would even work with the latest continuation of Kerbalism, but it may be worth a shot. I forget where one can find the old cfgs. I’ll have to look into it and get back to you. You may be able to find it In the original Kerbalism thread, or somewhere in the GPP GitHub repo.

@septemberWaves, has Kerbalism fixed it's multiple star problem?  The reason GPP dropped support for Kerbalism is because Kerbalism couldn't support multiple star systems.  If the problem hasn't been fixed, then beware that if you use Kerbalism with GPP, solar panels will not work around Grannus.  Kerbalism might work OK if you plan to play GPP as a single star system and never leave the vicinity of Ciro.

On 2/11/2019 at 2:59 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Click on the little blue arrow in the upper left corner of the embedded link or on the 'OhioBob replied at topic' part of the link, than you will be redicretec to the post ;)

Or alternatively click on the words "OhioBob replied to a topic"    It is a bit bigger than that little blue arrow

I didn't even know about the Blue arrow until a few weeks ago... Been clicking on the "...replied to a topic" since joining the forums in 2013/14.

Hello, I've been searching around for awhile and can't seem to find anything related to this in the KK thread or here. So I'm going to ask here..

I noticed when going through the settings for KK that it offers a setting "Enable CommNet Ground Stations" and presumed that this adds CommNet Ground Stations to all launch sites around Gael, however when I launch a probe it only seems to connect to KSC and then loses signal when it get's too far away. At first I figured maybe it was because I had "Enable Extra Ground Stations" off in the advanced settings (KSP New Game Settings) but upon turning that on, it simply turned on the normal Kerbin DSN Ground Stations and I still don't have any KK launch sites with functioning Ground Stations? Is this intended, a potential bug, or am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks.

EDIT: I will also note that I kept "Open Bases Only When Landed" off in the KK settings and it does appear that I currently have access to launch from any of the KK Launch Sites around Gael. I also have "Leave Stock CommNet" turned off in the KK settings as well, which I'm presuming is supposed to keep the normal Kerbin DSN Ground Stations from appearing at all?

Edited by CoriW

1 hour ago, CoriW said:

EDIT: I will also note that I kept "Open Bases Only When Landed" off in the KK settings and it does appear that I currently have access to launch from any of the KK Launch Sites around Gael. I also have "Leave Stock CommNet" turned off in the KK settings as well, which I'm presuming is supposed to keep the normal Kerbin DSN Ground Stations from appearing at all?

I don't know if this answers the question but I had to fly over a base to 'discover' it.  I haven't tried launching from it yet, though.

7 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I don't know if this answers the question but I had to fly over a base to 'discover' it.  I haven't tried launching from it yet, though.

Interesting. After "Discovering" one of them does it then function as a Ground Station for you?

37 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

TBH, I've not looked for that functionality.  I'll have to look at my options again to see what I've set there.  I have one probe in orbit but I don't recall having any comms issues.

Okay, thanks for the help. I can see all the Launch Sites on the map so I presumed they were all "discovered" and it says I can launch from them, perhaps I'll try launching from one and see if the Comms open up or not.

EDIT: Okay so.. I attempted to launch from another launch pad and was able to do so, however the probe had no signal so I couldn't actually do anything.. Also I had the setting on to focus on the last launch site used in the KK settings, but when I went back to Space Center the camera completely glitched out and all I could see was water. In another instance I seen the terrain and launch site properly but the entire ocean surface had been rendered at 90 degrees and sliced right up through the ground into the sky. O_O

Edited by CoriW

Is there any way I could add planets/moons from other planet packs to this pack? Let's say I want to add Thatmo from OPM to an orbit around Nero. I know how to edit orbits of existing planets in a pack but really have no idea how I would add an entire planet from another pack.

Edit: Never mind I got it. Surprisingly easy actually.

Edited by Dizezed Zebra

Sorry for newbish question... I've just started tinkering with the Karbonite mod as it's so well supported in Galileo's pack.  The wiki entries for Gael say the atmosphere is 3% Karbonite, but when I put a Karbonite scoop on the front of a rocket with an empty Karbonite tank attached behind it, I don't seem to collect any Karbonite.

Searches seem to suggest the scoop is only intended to work on Jool (stock), so I'm kind of confused why the KSP/wiki would note a Karbonite percentage in the atmosphere.  Any leads on how to make the scoop work or what's up with the listed percentages would be greatly appreciated.

49 minutes ago, Chilkoot said:

Sorry for newbish question... I've just started tinkering with the Karbonite mod as it's so well supported in Galileo's pack.  The wiki entries for Gael say the atmosphere is 3% Karbonite, but when I put a Karbonite scoop on the front of a rocket with an empty Karbonite tank attached behind it, I don't seem to collect any Karbonite.

Searches seem to suggest the scoop is only intended to work on Jool (stock), so I'm kind of confused why the KSP/wiki would note a Karbonite percentage in the atmosphere.  Any leads on how to make the scoop work or what's up with the listed percentages would be greatly appreciated.

You're using the "low altitude scoop" right? And not the "particle collectors"...? Did you use the Deploy button on the scoops? You need to use the separate Deploy function before you can turn on the Karbonite filter. The scoop doesn't simply pull Karbonite like an intake.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@Chilkoot I can verify that the low altitude scoop works just fine when deployed as @JadeOfMaar described. May also want to ensure you have some electricity being generated somewhere on the craft. I usually have a karbolectric generator on board if I am running karbonite scoops and karbonite engines.

Also, you're not Alaskan by chance are you?

Hi, and thanks @JadeOfMaar and @kraden for the responses.  I've tried different iterations of "Deploy" and "Open Intake" order both from the launchpad and in-flight.  I do see a new resource called "IntakeAtm" (0.20) in my resource list when the low-altitude scoop is attached, but the Karbonite tank just behind it on the the rocket stays empty.

This is almost certainly user error... I'm just trying to figure out how the scoops work before I start trying to build with them.  Could it be that there is simply no Karbonite in the air over Gael, maybe?  I've got the low-altitude scoop, lots of electricity, forward momentum through all the densities of atmosphere right up to space, and not a single iota of Karbonite collected.

I could make a quick video and post a link - is that permitted in these forums?

Edited by Chilkoot
Fixed some grammar.

@Chilkoot It's unfortunate that Karbonite is not appearing for you. Have you tried all of the individual scoop parts and not just one of them many times? Karbonite is supposed to always be available in Gael's atmosphere. Sure, you can go ahead and make and share videos but they may not always embed into a forum post. Is your craft moving while the scoop is running? They are known to require some amount of velocity in order to work better or to work at all.

IntakeAtm is like IntakeAir but is used by air-breathing engines that don't need Oxygen, such as all of the Karbonite-fueled ones.