[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

How is it that whenever I try to do two rescue contracts at once, at least one of the Kerbals HAS to be in a retrograde orbit??!! 

At least they were orbiting Ceti - next thing you know they will somehow be in a retrograde orbit around Ciro somewhere between Icarus and Thalia. 

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Adjusting the AU value affects the apparent size of the sunflare. Inflating it by a marginal amount and tuning the color for a little whiteness should work.

I wouldn't recommend changing the AU value without fully testing it out to see if it affects anything else.  It could change the solar flux, which could affect heating rates.  I haven't run enough tests to know one way or the other, but I'd be leery of changing anything without knowing the full consequences.  I think the better way of changing the sun flare size is by changing the brightness curve.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@MaxL_1023 Apparently exploding flags is a thing, the kerbal dies and becomes an unusable statuette from 100+ G...and the game becomes unstable. :/ This is quite serious.

Fortunately, actually, the kerbal was recovered (it was tested near the KSC) and Rocket's game was due for a restart (open for 6 hours)

This happened to me yesterday too.

Decided to start giving a little love to the flags in GPP, and settled on the Republica Gaelia as suitable for being my main featured flag decal in addition to my own KABOOM flag.  Here it is on the Hornet III, my biome-scanning satellite headed for Iota:

IqvBfGc.png

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Maybe I have. Delete and reinstall Kopernicus or its cache (wherever that is) might help. Making a new save should help in many cases too but I doubt it'll work here (on an already new game).

I mean I did a complete reinstall from scratch of everything.... I'm assuming that there won't be anything saved to the registry or outside the KSP folder?

34 minutes ago, Ed_ said:

I mean I did a complete reinstall from scratch of everything.... I'm assuming that there won't be anything saved to the registry or outside the KSP folder?

I found the problem. I thought I had dealt with it before. Apparently there's a misplaced } at line 59 just before the first Size {} node in our Asteroids.cfg 

Delete that.

Anyone else who's not seeing asteroids, please try this.

Looking to drop base drop base modules on Ceti but I'm not inclined to install Ground Construction.

So @RocketPCGaming said to install SpaceDock and build it in orbit. I didn't install SpaceDock :blush: as I have doubts that the largest part will have enough clearance for some of the things I'll build.

I'm using SimpleConstruction which makes all labs into workshops and all stock docking ports into Launchpads.

HyWYYLB.jpg lQrfjmJ.jpg YgPF2ss.jpg 16Uk7GY.jpg

KerJtuO.jpg

@Urses It's been months since I had anything to do with off-world construction so Extraplanetary Launchpads (specifically, SimpleConstruction which makes it into stock) is all I can think of off the top of my head. Also, I like to build big and very eccentric. I don't think that's compatible with EVA kerbals lifting parts on their shoulders. I'd like to install Ground Construction and maybe USI Konstruction but:

1. You can't make DIY Kits off-world yet.
  2. Does Konstruction let you disassemble parts and reclaim MaterialKits?

@JadeOfMaar

1.OSE is not GC that you don't build DIY Kits. You build sole parts that you can use with KAS.

2. Yes she does. I disassemble orbiral stages near my stations to get Material Kits as bonus for support runs. Why blew them up if you need only free containers?

And for your liking big buildungs. I get my station core on Gael together wirh 500 tonns:D only docking, energy  and science lab with basic ls support 

I think i can say this too for sure..

Urses

@Urses Okay. Well I have no immediate need for OSE so I surely won't be installing it soon. :( 

It's good to know that MaterialKits can be reclaimed. 500 tons though? What are you planning with all hat weight? My station's just about 64 tons and has recycler capacity for 12 kerbals, then a few large containers of RocketParts are going to dock to it (and a crew needs to arrive too) for construction to start. 

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I found the problem. I thought I had dealt with it before. Apparently there's a misplaced } at line 59 just before the first Size {} node in our Asteroids.cfg 

Delete that.

Anyone else who's not seeing asteroids, please try this.

I actually like that asteroids are inadvertently disabled with this typo. I rarely do anything with them, and I've noticed that my career lags much more once I upgrade to the level 3 tracking station and the game has to keep track of all these extra objects. In the past, I've frequently stayed with a level 2 tracking station when everything else is at level 3 just to avoid this asteroid lag. Now I can upgrade to level 3, so thanks!

I've been very aware of the possibility that asteroids can cause lag. Asteroids = orbits = CPU = lag. :P But wow, holding back on the Tracking Station upgrade sounds like a huge deal.

Anywho, I'm glad you have some relief for your game. :D 

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've been very aware of the possibility that asteroids can cause lag. Asteroids = orbits = CPU = lag. :P But wow, holding back on the Tracking Station upgrade sounds like a huge deal.

Anywho, I'm glad you have some relief for your game. :D 

Now that I think about it, when it's time to grab an asteroid I'll tweak the config to cut the number of asteroids by 75% at the same time I remove the typo.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The dome is just that, a glass hemisphere. 12.5m size. I have life support recyclers and battery stacks in there.

I was more as sure that it will be dome from there:D

And for your question 500 tones.

It is only the core this will go muxh bigger as transfer station. Load up the home time and selfsustaining on LS and fuel. 

The main idea bring ppl there from Gael. Load up on home and go for Iota Spaceacademy. Get the gays and galls to lvl up bring them back and shoot them for outer space on new ships. Scouts and pilots get immune but with full crew i need more actual only 4 years for 31 crewman.

If you are interested i will post some screans.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

20 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

i watched this episode earlier today. It's amusing that you attached those batteries willy nilly like that. :D 

The way I see it, in the VAB "I" am the master designer and builder. Out in the field Bill is my conduit for construction. Bill being a Kerbal with 20% intelligence (the kind way of saying 80% dumb).

I like the community here and love to follow stuff as it progresses in this thread. I try to stop by every so often and read everything but sometimes there are several new pages... Keep up the good work!

38 minutes ago, Tynrael said:

Bill being a Kerbal with 20% intelligence (the kind way of saying 80% dumb).

What about this version:

Bill shines bright with his hardly to pass stupidity skill of 80%?

(You make him realy pleased with such a "compliment":D)

@JadeOfMaar thanks for fast troubleshooting with the boulders. I was courious why they are not present and was to lazy to get a Infraredtelescope in orbit till now.

Do they spawn midgame after the typo correction?

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

Does anyone know if it is okay to add roverdudes Usi lifesupport with Gpp and Kerbalism?

I'm playing Gpp with Kerbalism in normal career mode but don't want break it.