[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Well how about a simple question specific to GPP, but not bug or feature related?  I'm launching horizontally from the island KSC runway using mechjeb's SmartA.S.S. attitude control.  I've been launching, holding a constant heading of 90 while climbing and then accelerating, then switch to prograde hold once the thrust time to apoapsis finally starts to run away on rockets.

Obviously there's an angle between that 90 heading and the eventual orbital prograde vector, and some small steering loss.  Question is - what heading should I hold right after takeoff to minimize losses?  

Edited by fourfa
clarification

6 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Well how about a simple question specific to GPP, but not bug or feature related?  I'm launching horizontally from the island KSC runway using mechjeb's SmartA.S.S. attitude control.  I've been launching, holding a constant heading of 90 while climbing and then accelerating, then switch to prograde hold once the thrust finally starts to run away on rockets.

Obviously there's an angle between that 90 heading and the eventual orbital prograde vector, and some small steering loss.  Question is - what heading should I hold right after takeoff to minimize losses?  

90*, due east. You'll still end up in a 9.something degree orbit, but this is the way to minimize your losses. Same thing happens launching out of Cape Canaveral, head due east for the most efficient launch possible, end up in a 23*ish orbit. But usually they don't do that, since there are benefits to having a bit more inclination than your launch site (more launch windows to rendezvous.)

I love the mod and the article but I cannot get it to work, I am using the steam version of the game

I downloaded the gpp mod,  1.2.3,  deleted Ksp via the steam mod  and removed all the files from the steam directory.

then   reinstalled kps  ran it, installed the mod and ran it without  without success.

After reading the posts I deleted Ksp again, deleteing the files and using the steam delete function

downloaded the 1.2.2 from the website, reinstalled ksp and ran it in 64 bit mod  then again installed.  When I run ksp, it loads  but I get an error stating the mod is not supported  use the 1.2.2 mod   but apparently the 1.2.2 mod from the download site is not working.  

any suggestions?  

Edited by OgreMagi
updated

59 minutes ago, OgreMagi said:

I love the mod and the article but I cannot get it to work

I downloaded the gpp mod,  1.2.3,  deleted Ksp via the steam mod  and removed all the files.     reinstalled kps  ran it and installed the mod without success.

After reading the posts I deleted Ksp again, downloaded the 1.2.2 from the website, reinstalled ksp and ran it in 64 bit mod  then again installed.  When I run ksp, it loads  but I get an error stating the mod is not supported  use the 1.2.2 mod   but apparently the 1.2.2 mod from the download site is not working.  

any suggestions?  

It's not saying to use the 1.2.2 version of GPP, it's telling you to use version 1.2.2 of KSP. 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, OgreMagi said:

ahhh,   that makes more sense now.   thanks I shall try it

OgreMagi, GPP is pushing KSP to the limit in a variety of ways, which means that it's very particular regarding the way it's installed and exactly which mod dependencies are required.  It's particularly sensitive to versions of other mods, such as Kopernicus and Scatterer.  My advice would be to create a new install somewhere on your computer outside of the Steam directory, then follow the installation instructions a few posts after the OP to the letter.  Lastly, once things are working, never allow any mod in your GPP install to automatically update itself via AVC or CKAN.  If a new version of KSP or GPP comes out, my advice is to create a new install for the new version, get everything working, then finally copy over any save files you want to use with the new version.  

I'm having a problem getting the mod to work. The game loads but it dosn't show Gale on the menu and when I try to open a game it loads forever. I think it has something to do with Modular Flight Integrator because AVC is saying it is the wrong version. I'm using KSP 1.2.2 btw. 

3 hours ago, Zaccy200 said:

I'm having a problem getting the mod to work. The game loads but it dosn't show Gale on the menu and when I try to open a game it loads forever. I think it has something to do with Modular Flight Integrator because AVC is saying it is the wrong version. I'm using KSP 1.2.2 btw. 

Try copying KSP 1.2.2 to a new location and follow these instructions: 

3 hours ago, Zaccy200 said:

Make sure you follow the install instructions. Make sure you have the GPP_Textures downloaded and installed.

Hi Galileo,

You posted something a while back about removing the corona from the Sun when using scatterer and/or SVE.

Can you tell me how to do that again?  You had posted a file with code in it I think but I wasn't sure what to do with it etc...

Edited by Tuko

1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

@Tuko, I think you just have to put this anywhere in the Gamedate folder.  However, GPP already includes this if you install the folder GPP_Scatterer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua5ty5hnbtpidym/SunFlareFix.cfg?dl=0

I'm playing KSP 1.3 stock with a bunch of Mods and waiting for GPP for KSP 1.3 to be released so I have that ugly corona visible around the star.

4 minutes ago, Tuko said:

I'm playing KSP 1.3 stock with a bunch of Mods and waiting for GPP for KSP 1.3 to be released so I have that ugly corona visible around the star.

SunFlareFix.cfg ought to do it for you.  It detects whether or not Scatterer is installed, and, if so, it disables the stock sunflare.

Edited by OhioBob

7 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

SunFlareFix.cfg ought to do it for you.  It detects whether or not Scatterer is installed and, if so, it disabled the stock sunflare.

I dropped the file in the Gamedata folder and booting the game up now.

I'll let you know if it did the trick.

Thanks for the Help OhioBob 

BTW, I need to ask a stupid question; How do you place the @username link into the posts like the @TUKO 

Edited by Tuko

10 minutes ago, Tuko said:

BTW, I need to ask a stupid question; How do you place the @username link into the posts like the @TUKO 

On PC it's just by typing @Tuko and a list of people with usernames starting with Tuko pops up and you can select a user from that list. I don't know how it's done on mobile.

24 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

On PC it's just by typing @Tuko and a list of people with usernames starting with Tuko pops up and you can select a user from that list. I don't know how it's done on mobile.

@Tuko

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and of course Duhhhhhhhhhhhh, LOL, Thanks @Jas0n

@OhioBob

38 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

SunFlareFix.cfg ought to do it for you.  It detects whether or not Scatterer is installed, and, if so, it disables the stock sunflare.

It didn't seem to work.  Maybe it goes into another directory? (Better screenshot)

GzZCpaf.png

Edited by Tuko

1 hour ago, Tuko said:

It didn't seem to work.  Maybe it goes into another directory?

The config looks to me like it ought to work anywhere in Gamedata.  Of course I really don't know much about sunflares.  The limit of my knowledge has already been reached.  If you need more help it's probably going to have to come from someone else.

Also the sunflare in your screenshot doesn't look like the stock sunflare.  Are you sure that's not the way it is suppose to look?  (Or am I seeing the stock sunflare superimposed on the scatterer sunflare?)

Edited by OhioBob

@OhioBob

No worries, honestly it's not that important to get it fixed right away.

I do remember @Galileo saying something about SVE using it's own Scatterer or Sunflare directory under the SVE directory and ignoring any sunflares loaded inside the scatterer directory.

Maybe the file needs to get loaded there?  I'll look around and tinker with it some more but I appreciate the help a lot.

3 minutes ago, Tuko said:

@OhioBob

No worries, honestly it's not that important to get it fixed right away.

I do remember @Galileo saying something about SVE using it's own Scatterer or Sunflare directory under the SVE directory and ignoring any sunflares loaded inside the scatterer directory.

Maybe the file needs to get loaded there?  I'll look around and tinker with it some more but I appreciate the help a lot.

The cfg will work anywhere in the gamedata folder. It just needs module manager and kopernicus to work.

@Galileo ok cool.  Does my screenshot show the intended sunflare correctly?

I'm using your Yellow sunflare #3 I think.

Also, I double checked and the Sunflarefix.cfg file is loaded at the root of the gamedata folder.

Edited by Tuko

I'm about to get home soon so I can investigate this (or at least see that screenshot on a screen with high enough contrast ratio that I can discern the stock sunflare). I think that one you have installed just needs some proper scaling settings. Are you playing a scaled system? @Tuko

Edited by JadeOfMaar

11 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm about to get home soon so I can investigate this. I think that sunflare just needs some proper scaling settings. Are you playing a scaled system? @Tuko

@JadeOfMaar, nope, just playing stock KSP 1.3 with Kopernicus, Scatterer, SVE, SVT, EVE and a ton of other part/visual mods loaded but no scaling like Sigma.

As soon as Galileo releases GPP for KSP 1.3 I'm going to dump this Career Game and reload everything clean to play a new career game anyway so don't kill yourself trying to find a fix.

But if it's something simple I definitely would love to see the fix :D

Here is a screenshot of gamedata folder in case it helps;

x2cV4zF.png?1

Edited by Tuko

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Tuko I'm home now and had to  raise the exposure in Paint.Net but I think I see some stock stuff in there. :/ Alright then. I do hope you work out your issue. I fought that battle as well, recently.

I'll probably just leave it alone for now.  

I didn't understand what you meant by stock stuff, did you mean something inside the Sunflarefix.cfg or my Gamedata directory?