[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Though they work at 1.3, I have an issue with the solar panels which do not recharge properly. Even when fully exposed it will be blocked by another body. I'll grab the latest build from GitHub and will try.

Edited by MacLuky

1 hour ago, AG5BPilot said:

I think that's your problem right there.  Version 2.6.24 of Module Manager is for KSP 1.1.x.  Try version 2.7.6 of Module Manager.

EDIT:  I'm not sure if I'd use anything *newer* than 2.7.6.  The 2.8.X versions work with KSP 1.3, and might not work with KSP 1.2.2.  I know 2.7.6 works.  2.7.6 is the most recent version compiled for 1.2.2.

2 hours ago, RocketPCGaming said:

That is most likely the issue; you have an old version of Module Manager, you need version 2.7.6 or newer. This version is packed into the GPP download. Give that a shot.

EDIT: You can also go up a few lines and see where i posted my stream highlight of the install process ;-)

I had to go, and find my old profile I made, because apparently, there needs to be someone to "approve" posts. Which makes getting help from you guys 10,000 times harder. It is me, Slasher, It doesnt matter if I prove it or not because, none of the stuff you guys suggested worked. I am not one to get mad, but when stuff doesnt work, when you do everything exactly how you are supposed to do it, and it still doesnt work, then you start to get mad. I have spent all day trying, and trying to get this mod to work, but I still get no luck no matter what I do. I have the newer version of ModuleManager installed, the one you all suggested, no luck. I watched alot of tutorials, no luck. I dont know what else to do other than just give up at this point because it seems like nothing is gonna fix my game.

And for Galileo, I cannot post the output log because its too big, and this form doesnt support the correct file attachment system to post a text file.

Edited by Bob_The_Great

IF YOU CHOOSE TO DOWNLOAD THE 1.3 DEV VERSION ON GITHUB BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO IMPATIENT TO WAIT, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. I WILL NOT, NOR WILL ANY OTHER DEVS, GIVE SUPPORT. WE HAVE MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT 1.3 IS NOT READY AND SHOULDN'T BE PLAYED WITH. 

The more I am bothered about 1.3, the closer I am to taking down the download completely. Enjoy 1.2.2, and stay away from 1.3 until the dependencies get their crap together. 

If you still decide it's worth trying to contact us about 1.3 issues, be fully prepared to be ignored, but know it's nothing personal.

Edited by Galileo

@Slasher @Bob_The_Great new accounts are kept on queue for a few posts. That happens so we get to verify new users are not spam bots or trolls. I'm sorry that your post was left on the queue for so long, you came in a time when no moderator was online to approve it. We try to have staff available in all timezones, but that still happens sometimes. 

That said, you can't have two accounts. One of our team will contact you soon about merging them. 

About long logs, the usual solution is to upload it to Dropbox/Google drive and share the link

Edited by monstah
Typo

Well, I forgot a long time ago this one im currently logged onto existed until I used the email to create my new account and it said the email was allready in use. I tried to log onto this one but forgot the password so I created a new one. ill look into deleting this one, so I can use my new one full time.

8 minutes ago, monstah said:

@Slasher @Bob_The_Great new accounts are kept on queue for a few posts. That happens so we get to verify new users are not spam bots or trolls. I'm sorry that your post was left on the queue for so long, you came in a time when no moderator was online to approve it. We try to have staff available in all timezones, but that still happens sometimes. 

That said, you can't have two accounts. One of our team will contact you soon about merging them. 

About long logs, the usual solution is to upload it to Dropbox/Google drive and share the link

Edited by Bob_The_Great

10 minutes ago, monstah said:

Im not quite sure how to delete an account, but I will refrain from using it.

3 hours ago, Slasher said:

I do not really know what you mean when you say "youboutput log" is this a folder in the game?

Sorry if this is right out in front of me, Im not very observant.

Typo. Your output log. 

It doesn't matter how big it is. Just upload it to Dropbox and link it here.

6 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Of Kopernicus? There are multiple versions of Kopernicus for 1.2.2.  Is it the one included in the GPP file?

also, if this is a 100% fresh install of ksp, did you run it once without any mods?

and, post a picture of your gamedata folder. Do it the same way you did your output log. You can upload it to imgur.com and share the link here

Edited by Galileo

27 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Please tell me if im doing something wrong.

http://imgur.com/KaqDUCb

And I havent launched it without mods, well not yet at least.

Ok, right off the bat, you've got two ModuleManager .dlls. 

But before that, you need to start over from the beginning. Delete your KSP folder (or just unzip it into a new one, RUN THE GAME ONCE WITH ZERO MODS. Start a game, doesn't matter the settings, just get to the space center scene. 

THEN install GPP exactly according to directions. You shouldn't end up with two ModuleManager (MM) .dll files, use only the one that's in the GPP bundle. 

Just now, Galileo said:

Launch ksp first without mods. Then install GPP. 

Go ninja go ninja go! :P

18 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ok, right off the bat, you've got two ModuleManager .dlls. 

But before that, you need to start over from the beginning. Delete your KSP folder (or just unzip it into a new one, RUN THE GAME ONCE WITH ZERO MODS. Start a game, doesn't matter the settings, just get to the space center scene. 

THEN install GPP exactly according to directions. You shouldn't end up with two ModuleManager (MM) .dll files, use only the one that's in the GPP bundle. 

Go ninja go ninja go! :P

As expected, it didnt work. At this point I have just given up. Well, thanks everyone for attempting to get this to work but in the end, nothing changed. I did EXACTLY what you said and no luck. I guess I will half to make due with the stock planets, well, until I can get a new computer or something because at this point this one isnt gonna change.

@Slasher,

1)  Create a fresh install of KSP version 1.2.2.
2)  Launch KSP once with no mods installed, then close.  Must launch in 64-bit.
3)  Download GPP version 1.2.3 from GitHub.
4)  Drill into the downloaded file and find the folder GameData.
5)  Copy the contents of this GameDate folder to the GameData folder of your KSP installation.
6)  Step 5 must include the following folders and files:
          GPP\
          Kopernicus\
          ModuleFlightIntegrator\
          ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll
7)  Do not download the above separately; you must use the versions included in the GPP download.
8)  Download the file GPP_Textures.zip from GitHub.
9)  Drill into the downloaded file and find the folder GameDate\GPP\GPP_Textures.
10)  Copy the folder GPP_Textures to the GameDate\GPP\ folder of your KSP installation.
11)  Launch KSP.

If you follow the above steps correctly, GPP should work.  After you have it working, you can then install any of the optional mods or other mods that you want to use.

Edited by OhioBob

13 hours ago, Slasher said:

Please tell me if im doing something wrong.

http://imgur.com/KaqDUCb

And I havent launched it without mods, well not yet at least.

The folder GPP_Textures must be inside the folder GPP.  Just move that folder to the correct place and it should work.  Also delete ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll.

12 hours ago, Slasher said:

I did EXACTLY what you said and no luck.

Clearly you didn't EXACTLY follow the instructions.  If it works for everybody else but you, then it's a pretty good bet that you're the one who did something wrong.  The GPP folders and files must be installed into your KSP installation using the exact same file structure as found in the download (this is typical of all mods).  In the GPP_Textures.zip download, the file structure is,

GameData\GPP\GPP_Textures

You installed GPP_Textures incorrectly by placing it in GameData\ rather than GameData\GPP\.

If you decide to install any of the optional mods, please be careful to put the folders and files in the correct location.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

The folder GPP_Textures must be inside the folder GPP.  Just move that folder to the correct place and it should work.  Also delete ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll.

Clearly you didn't EXACTLY follow the instructions.  If it works for everybody else but you, then it's a pretty good bet that you're the one who did something wrong.  The GPP folders and files must be installed into your KSP installation using the exact same file structure as found in the download (this is typical of all mods).  In the GPP_Textures.zip download, the file structure is,

GameData\GPP\GPP_Textures

You installed GPP_Textures incorrectly by placing it in GameData\ rather than GameData\GPP\.

If you decide to install any of the optional mods, please be careful to put the folders and files in the correct location.

Oh. Well. Uhh, This actually worked!

I know I can not be very observant or patient but after 10 minutes of waiting it finally responded and is now working!

Thank you so much!

27 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Oh. Well. Uhh, This actually worked!

I know I can not be very observant or patient but after 10 minutes of waiting it finally responded and is now working!

Thank you so much!

That's good. But still odd that it's taking so long on a brand new game. I'd suggest posting your most recent log in case there are still errors. 

11 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

That's good. But still odd that it's taking so long on a brand new game. I'd suggest posting your most recent log in case there are still errors. 

Well since my gfx card went out I have been forced to play on my "slightly" less powerful pc. It has an [email protected] ghz and a crappy integrated gfx and 8gb of ram. It takes about 15 min to boot a fresh GPP install. My guess would be either the ram speed, or the CPU itself being slow. Don't know if that's his issue as well, but maybe.

Edited by Galileo