[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

10 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

He also goes along well with my new favorite mega-rover, that eats Packrats for snacks. I try to stop him, really I do, but he's 35tons and... well YOU just try and stop him why don't you.

Nice rover. I just put a biome scan probe up into orbit. Its a lot more probe'y this time, I hope its more to your liking. :wink: 

MqhpzxG.png

... Gael looks pretty darn stunning.

Edited by Poodmund

3 hours ago, Sigor said:

Thanks! Reinstalling helped.

@Jacke I was just too lazy to care. I know about all those readmes and licenses that overlap and cause problems but they haven't given me issues until now so... I just ignored them :P

I think it more has to do with the fact that

• don't put random files into /GameData/ ... while it may not cause any obvious problems you can get some pretty nasty bugs this way. Module Manager reads the folder names there so in your case will think that you have installed a mod called "mod zips." There is no such mod but imagine there was. Store them somewhere else.
  • You have two different versions of Module Manager installed - one of them twice. I think Module Manager is built to detect this and disable itself but it's just not good practise.
  • Those ReadMe and Licence files are benign mostly but, again, it's just not good practise. At the least it confuses people who look at your /GameData/ folder. Don't unpack them. Only unpack the stuff found in the /GameData/ folders of *.zip containers or have the name of the mod.
  • I can't judge if there was anything wrong with the GPP folder. At least not from this screenshot alone.

:)

Edited by Three_Pounds

1 hour ago, Three_Pounds said:

I think it more has to do with the fact that

• don't put random files into /GameData/ ... while it may not cause any obvious problems you can get some pretty nasty bugs this way. Module Manager reads the folder names there so in your case will think that you have installed a mod called "mod zips." There is no such mod but imagine there was. Store them somewhere else.
  • You have two different versions of Module Manager installed - one of them twice. I think Module Manager is built to detect this and disable itself but it's just not good practise.
  • Those ReadMe and Licence files are benign mostly but, again, it's just not good practise. At the least it confuses people who look at your /GameData/ folder. Don't unpack them. Only unpack the stuff found in the /GameData/ folders of *.zip containers or have the name of the mod.
  • I can't judge if there was anything wrong with the GPP folder. At least not from this screenshot alone.

:)

Thanks! Even though I had already fixed the licenses/module manager "issues" during reinstalaton I will definitely move the mod zips folder somewhere else.

Edited by Sigor

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Nice rover. I just put a biome scan probe up into orbit. Its a lot more probe'y this time, I hope its more to your liking. :wink: 

MqhpzxG.png

... Gael looks pretty darn stunning.

I've really taken to those small radial reaction wheels. They're great for small craft and help keep the weight down.

1 hour ago, Three_Pounds said:

I assume they are from Probe Cores Plus?

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

I think they're from either Vens or BDB - not at the the computer atm.

Since I don't use Probe Cores Plus, nor BDB, but I DO have Ven's, and I have those radial reaction wheels, I think it's safe to say they're from Ven's.

Just installed GPP151 and discovered a problem with my tracking solar panels.

I did a search and found many posts, that this is a Kopernicus problem. I do have v1.3.0-6 installed as instructed.

My panels don't track the sun, they seem to track in the opposite direction. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I don't have any other planet mod installed, only GPP

14 minutes ago, Data said:

Just installed GPP151 and discovered a problem with my tracking solar panels.

I did a search and found many posts, that this is a Kopernicus problem. I do have v1.3.0-6 installed as instructed.

My panels don't track the sun, they seem to track in the opposite direction. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I don't have any other planet mod installed, only GPP

https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/blob/master/README.md

Known Issues Section, last point on the list. :wink: 

28 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Thanks, I also found that I shouldn't launch rockets at night or deploy solar panels on the dark side. launching in day light and deploy the panels in daylight seems to work fine, at least until I unlock the retractable once.

2 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

My tracking solar panels frequently point in the wrong direction and generate no electricity even though they say "Sun Exposure .99". Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I mean, it's just a few posts above.

20 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

He also goes along well with my new favorite mega-rover, that eats Packrats for snacks. I try to stop him, really I do, but he's 35tons and... well YOU just try and stop him why don't you.

Are you sure it is a rover?... I think ot is a house...with wheels... oh well...:D

Nice one. But it IS HUGE....

1 hour ago, Urses said:

Are you sure it is a rover?... I think ot is a house...with wheels... oh well...:D

Nice one. But it IS HUGE....

I'm going to clean him up a bit and post him on KerbalX, he's basically crossed 3.75m structural trusses filled with goodies and is absurdly fun to drive being impossible to flip over. On Kerbin you can do crazy turns at 30m/s, in low G it acts kind of like a hovercraft, can go just as fast and he still can't flip but changing directions takes a while. He also handles very well at low speed, something I tested for and tweaked a bunch after dealing with the battleship-type handling of some of the rovers particularly in low G. This one has a very reasonably tight turning radius in low G that improves with load.

He has ten tiny augurs, a K&K smelter, K&K recycler, two inflated Pathfinder Wagons for metal ore and scrap metal storage, and an MSV-2000 metal storage can for 3k metal storage. Could easily switch out drills and the can for fuel tanks and make it just as monstrous a fuel converter. Plus every science instrument not used in orbit, a 15G relay antenna, BV and MJ of course, 45k of battery, and last is 12,000 liters of storage provided by the two buckboards, but I've upped that to 24,000 on the latest version.

Doing Pathfinder/Buffalo, I'd fly it in from an orbital or moon launch pad, and with the storage you could be carrying a 20-building base + a couple S.A.F.E.R. reactors and at least one fully-equipped Buffalo to be assembled on site plus every single other thing you'd need for that base to be 100% operational with no additional deliveries. This one got delivered to my Mun launchpad empty.

The most fun is when you get him on the Mun, set a save you can come back to, and then see just exactly how much a battlecruiser-class rover can take :)

Draft Extensions for Jet atmCurves

Here we go: Jet Engine Curve Extender (274 KB ZIP), complete with all of my research from using Advanced Jet Engines and "Tellumo Space Program." (17 KB ZIP)

I started a new thread in Add-On Discussions to cover just the jet curve extensions, since they're not limited to GPP, and also to not sidetrack GPP discussion anymore.

8 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I'm not sure if this is the same issue. The problem I'm seeing is that 1 out of 3 symmetrically attached solar panels appears to be tracking Grannus instead of Ciro. When i'm on the dark side of Gael, but have a Line of Sight to Grannus that one solar panel shows it's still receiving 0.97 Sun Exposure but 0 power output. You can see in the picture below that the top panel is tracking Grannus while the other two are facing forward towards Ciro.

8whmROB.jpg

UPDATE: I confirmed that removing Grannus caused all the solar panels to reorient on Ciro. unfortunately changing Grannus.cfg to Grannus.txt broke something else because Gael is completely black now. A black sphere with white clouds. I'll revert Grannus back to a cfg file for the moment. 

Can you please tell me what I need to do to safely remove Grannus until the Kopernicus bug can be fixed?

Edited by Tyko

On 9/7/2017 at 11:39 AM, Freshmeat said:

So, I run a i5-4670@3,4GHz with 8 GB ram and an ATI HD6990 with 2 GB ram. GPP brought it to its knees, which was what I kind of expected. What kind of rig are we looking at if I want to join the fun?

Your Haswell i5 is more than powerful enough to run GPP.  The problem is the 8 GB of memory.  You can barely get by with 8GB, but it will run very slowly.  Upgrade to 16GB of memory (or more) and you'll see a dramatic improvement in performance.  KSP doesn't actually use the GPU that much so you'r probably fine there too.  You simply need more memory.

I was just on @RocketPCGaming 's twitch channel, and my GPP imgur album I posted there was met with some quite positive feedback. So I'm posting it here for everyone's enjoyment.

Most of the pics are 4k, some would make decent wallpapers thanks to the gorgeous locations GPP is full of.

All credits and many thanks go to the dev team for making this awesome pack.

Feel free to share :)

Album