[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

48 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Hmm. Any reason as to why Im not seeing any scattering? Trees, bushes and such.

Could be a few things:

1. You might have your settings turned down in the graphics tab in the main menu. 

2. You aren't using the latest kopernicus. Make sure you are using 1.3.0-6.

3. You are still using GPP 1.4 with kopernicus 1.3.0-4, which scatter objects are broken due to a kopernicus bug in that version.

if it's none of those, I'll need logs. 

Edited by Galileo

Just a quick question, I've been playing a GPP career for a bit now, have landed probes and kerbals on Iota and Ceti and my first probes are on their way to Tellumo and Lili.

I haven't received a station or base mission yet...and I thought I would've.  I usually run the bases and stations contract pack in the stock game, does that not work with the changed planet names?  Or do I just need to be more patient till one pops up? :D

Edit: Lots of tourist missions though, so some contract packs are working.

Edited by Frameshift

2 hours ago, Frameshift said:

Just a quick question, I've been playing a GPP career for a bit now, have landed probes and kerbals on Iota and Ceti and my first probes are on their way to Tellumo and Lili.

I haven't received a station or base mission yet...and I thought I would've.  I usually run the bases and stations contract pack in the stock game, does that not work with the changed planet names?  Or do I just need to be more patient till one pops up? :D

Any contract pack tied to any stock celestial will not work for obvious reasons. But what isn't so obvious which packs are; GAAP for example is obvious, others not so much. You can always look through the .cfg files on the packs you want and edit them to GPP, for personal use...

EDIT: You can also always use Galileo's own Play Your Way Mod 

Edited by RocketPCGaming
Added link

19 minutes ago, RocketPCGaming said:

Any contract pack tied to any stock celestial will not work for obvious reasons. But what isn't so obvious which packs are; GAAP for example is obvious, others not so much. You can always look through the .cfg files on the packs you want and edit them to GPP, for personal use...

EDIT: You can also always use Galileo's own Play Your Way Mod 

Play your way is great.  You can also use the Career Evolution Contract Pack:

It rolls the best of Unmanned Missions, Advanced Progression, and Bases and Stations into one coherent contract pack.  The only downside that I've discovered is that it assumes that your home planet is third from the sun, so it will never give you any missions for Niven, and will try to give you missions to flyby, then orbit, then land on Gael (as if it was a neighboring planet).  My advice is to never accept the first "Unmanned Flyby of Gael" contract and just keep doing everything else.

Also note that since it starts with unmanned missions, you'll need either an unmanned first tech tree, or you can add a mod (such as BDB) which gives you probe cores in your starting tech node.

2 hours ago, Frameshift said:

Bases and stations works fine in GPP. You might want to modify a couple lines in configs to make contracts pop up faster though (as ppl pointed out, this might be an issue with Kopernicus). See the post below for details. 

But yeah, for the contract packs which work and don't work in GPP, see the Workshop. 

Regarding contracts, you can press Alt-F10 to open the Contract Configurator panel and see if anything is failing to load and why. For my part I had to remove the explicit reference to Gilly in StationCore.cfg. The mission to send a crew to a station also seems to be failing, but I've not looked into why that is.

The Real Scale Gaelean Space Program Career update: https://www.twitch.tv/rocketpcgaming

Some shots of first manned orbit around Ceti:

ck0upII.pngCrew module w/ transfer stage (1 of 2)...

ugKz4vz.pngCrew module w/ transfer stage (2 of 2)...

VnBGSs4.pngView from the cockpit...

D3AjafE.pngGalileo taking the first space walk in Ceti orbit...

Here are shots from our first manned landing on Iota. Not enough tech for an Apollo approach so the crew module and lander were launched separately, lander first, then the crew vessel; rendezvous in Iota orbit.

RxyauIT.pngLaunch of the lander (1 of 3)....

OFUNZXS.pngLaunch of the lander (2 of 3)....

KDXaxFe.pngLaunch of the lander (3 of 3)....Just gorgeous!

JCNv9a0.pngTransfer burn 1 to Iota for the lander...

wUP6Ydb.pngLaunch of the crew vehicle...

n6KBkmj.pngRendezvous and docked with the lander in orbit of Iota...

hVwg54v.pngThe decent burn...

Ho0RA3O.pngPreparing to land...

4v0v1nS.pngFootprints, not craters...

ftZTbSB.pngAscending back to orbit to rendezvous with the crew vehicle...

sqHQX0s.pngAlmost home...

48 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Regarding contracts, you can press Alt-F10 to open the Contract Configurator panel and see if anything is failing to load and why. For my part I had to remove the explicit reference to Gilly in StationCore.cfg. The mission to send a crew to a station also seems to be failing, but I've not looked into why that is.

Oh right, I completely forgot about that. I believe the references to Gilly calculates the max distance for contract generation, so I replaced them with Grannus.

On 11/09/2017 at 5:36 AM, Galileo said:

Bravo! I demand more! :wink: 

Well I could just upload my entire screenshots folder with 926 pics for you to pick from :)

But for now idk if I'm going to just do exploration and sightseeing or just play a bit less for a while cause I have tons of work to do irl and I need help with USI kolonization ig. 

One interesting and not too time consuming option would be to visit a lot of places quickly and it could result some very nice pics, but I was really planning/hoping to do a lot of koonization sooooo, just check the album and you'll know I guess :wink: 

I may do a bit of both till I figure it out. 

3 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Well I could just upload my entire screenshots folder with 926 pics for you to pick from :)

But for now idk if I'm going to just do exploration and sightseeing or just play a bit less for a while cause I have tons of work to do irl and I need help with USI kolonization ig. 

One interesting and not too time consuming option would be to visit a lot of places quickly and it could result some very nice pics, but I was really planning/hoping to do a lot of koonization sooooo, just check the album and you'll know I guess :wink: 

I may do a bit of both till I figure it out. 

Oh dude, don't go screenshot sniping for me! I was kidding lol! Although, I would love to see more of your screenshots as you capture them!

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Oh dude, don't go screenshot sniping for me! I was kidding lol! Although, I would love to see more of your screenshots as you capture them!

Lol don't worry that's not just for you, although it is in many ways thanks to you :)

Basically I just want to keep playing on my current save for a bit, and wait for the next big update of this pack to start a new one. I want to visit the planets that exist currently, to be able to devote in the future to the next ones to come :)

I'm just very very sad that my USI bases don't work as well as I intended them to, but that's a bit unrelated to this thread. So I'm just trying to find a fun way to keep playing I guess

And just saying that if I let kolonization aside for a moment, it may produce some more nice screenshots :) Cause otherwise I may stick to mostly Tarsiss for at least a month and do some fun stuff there... I'd love to get the new scatterer working and try methane sailing and scuba diving !

Yeah I saw that, it is tempting.

But I guess afterall I don't want to give up on my Tarsiss base just yet :) I'll finish it before I upgrade but I guess I'm going to update before I visit Nero's SOI because I want these new moons 

6 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Yeah I saw that, it is tempting.

But I guess afterall I don't want to give up on my Tarsiss base just yet :) I'll finish it before I upgrade but I guess I'm going to update before I visit Nero's SOI because I want these new moons 

Make a copy of your current save and put it somewhere safe, then upgrade to 1.5.1, and see if you base is safe (should be). If not, just roll back to the version of GPP you are on currently and reinsert you save you made a copy of :) 

Just now, Galileo said:

Make a copy of your current save and put it somewhere safe, then upgrade to 1.5.1, and see if you base is safe (should be). If not, just roll back to the version of GPP you are on currently and reinsert you save you made a copy of :) 

I'm currently running 1.2.2 so upgrading might be a tad harder than just that. But I may try, I'm just trying one last thing to improve my production rates and then I may spend the night trying to get my save working on a completely new install of the game.

But my head is boiling with ideas and ambitions right now...

21 hours ago, Galileo said:

2. You aren't using the latest kopernicus. Make sure you are using 1.3.0-6.

Thats the one! I updated GPP without Kopernicus. Thanks so much. However "1.3.0-6". It states -5 in the install Wiki. I am using 1.5 at the moment. Not GPP 1.5.1 Would that make a difference on to use -5 or 6?

Edited by Motokid600