[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Hi. Sorry to interrupt the conversation or be asking for this.  I really want to try this mod, but I'm having a hard time downloading from github ,_, DL keeps dying after a few mins. Been trying all day. Is there any temporary dl mirror? Like google drive or such?

Edited by Spraki

On 11/25/2016 at 4:14 PM, Steven Mading said:

Do you have any clue why this might be happening?

It seems as if Installing Galileo Planet Pack has broken the following KSP API call:

// Note "shared.Vessel" is a variable in kOS's C# code that currently
    // was set to FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel when this was being called.
    // You can duplicate this bug in your own test by just printing the value:
    //       FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.orbit.timeToAp
    // to the output log file on a vessel that's in low Gael Orbit:

return shared.Vessel.orbit.timeToAp;   

(This is the C# code that's happening behind the scenes when a kOS kerboscript value queries ETA:APOAPSIS.)

The proper value would be the ETA to arriving at Apoapsis, which should be somewhere between 0 and the current orbit's period, in seconds.  But on a vessel that's in low Gael Orbit at 80km by 90km, I'm getting values back in the range of 8 digits or so of integer, like in the 10000000 ish range.  That's hundreds of days until Apoapsis, which can't be right.

The same effect happens with timeToPe (periapsis).

At first I thought it might be something new in career about needing to upgrade the tracking center first, but I get the same effect in sandbox mode too.  The same exact script in a new sandbox stock game does not have the problem, but one in a new stock Galileo game does.  At first I tried looking for what kOS might be doing wrong, but I traced it down to this API call just returning a totally different weird result for some reason when Galileo is installed, but I don't know what that reason is.

There is a planet named Eta. So eta is both an alias for a body, and for the bound variable. Nothing good comes of that. 

I tired print eta:apoapsis and got an error that Eta doesn't have that suffix, which clued me in. 

Edited by TK-421
Researched what I said and found I was wrong.

@Spraki Try it again in a few hour? It probably happened from your own internet. I downloaded stuff from Github and got slow download too, but it works after a few hours during midnight. Maybe because lesser people using the internet at that time.

Anyway. I test my lander on Catullus. It's reentry like a brick and the second stage is still easy to flip, but it's working!

8RTS900.png

http://imgur.com/a/KX3BD

8 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

This was not the case for me, I loaded this mod into a copy of my game, and everything was fine... all my satellites were in different places, same with anything in orbit... stuff landed didn't fare well, but nothing was manned. Oh and all the Kerbals lost all their experience.

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Intriguing. Now we know exactly what happens if a GPP install isn't fresh. :)

I tried loading a RSS save copy with 10x GPP, and all I had in orbit of Earth were orbiting Icarus instead :P

I don't know what I'm goofing up here but i can't seem to install this, I got a fresh steam download of 1.2.1, installed only latest copernicus, modulemanager and modular flight integrator and this mod without Visuals or anything and my KSP just sits at the loading screen going through the loading hints but only showing "Progress text" in the progress bar with it sitting half way and not moving a pixel.

Any ideas as to what i did wrong here?

kopernicus 2:release 1.2.1-3

modulemanager 2.7.5

modularflightintegrator 1.2.2.0

so looks like i have all the latetst versions, i double checked that myself because I saw a post concerning an outdated MM a few pages back.

1 minute ago, Rob K said:

kopernicus 2:release 1.2.1-3

modulemanager 2.7.5

modularflightintegrator 1.2.2.0

so looks like i have all the latetst versions, i double checked that myself because I saw a post concerning an outdated MM a few pages back.

You have to run the game one time without any mods so that the game can set up you settings and configs. Then install mods

37 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Those are great!  I have updated Gael though just a little.  There are a few spots that have bodies of water,  but it looks like land on the color map. The new texture is on git hub :)  but other than that,  these are so awesome! 

For those of you who want to play this pack,  don't like the dumb contracts but still want to get paid and earn rep for doing science and experiments,  you might like this: 

Edited by Galileo

19 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Those are great!  I have updated Gael though just a little.  There are a few spots that have bodies of water,  but it looks like land on the color map. The new texture is on git hub :)  but other than that,  these are so awesome! 

Proof of concept more than anything to see if I could get the Leaflet.Kerbal plugin up and running with a GPP body. Seems its fine. How long do you think you'll keep tweaking the bodies for? :P 

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

Proof of concept more than anything to see if I could get the Leaflet.Kerbal plugin up and running with a GPP body. Seems its fine. How long do you think you'll keep tweaking the bodies for? :P 

I probably won't be anymore.  I had Just noticed the 2 particular lakes that didn't resemble lakes on the on the color map so I had to change it to match the heightmap

Edited by Galileo

Haha, fair enough. Doing the same map doo-dah stuff to Iota... I noticed there was a considerable seam in the heightmap where the sides of the texture joined. I've blended the seam out and issued a Pull Request on the Git repo. :D 

15 hours ago, TK-421 said:

There is a planet named Eta. So eta is both an alias for a body, and for the bound variable. Nothing good comes of that. 

I tired print eta:apoapsis and got an error that Eta doesn't have that suffix, which clued me in. 

Already found the cause and a fix is going to be (i hope) in the next kOS release.  Now it will refuse to make a body's name into a bound variable if some other bound variable with that name is present.  This means in GPP you'll have to refer to Eta as Body("eta") and won't have the shortcut name ETA available.

18 hours ago, Pulsar said:

@Spraki Try it again in a few hour? It probably happened from your own internet. I downloaded stuff from Github and got slow download too, but it works after a few hours during midnight. Maybe because lesser people using the internet at that time.

Anyway. I test my lander on Catullus. It's reentry like a brick and the second stage is still easy to flip, but it's working!

8RTS900.png

http://imgur.com/a/KX3BD

Congrats on the brick rocket haha!

As for the downloading, I've been trying to the last two days from several places. Just recently, I managed to get it all in one shot. Had to use a faster DL from a nearby university. Seems like the equivalent answer akin to "moar boosters!"

4 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

just out of curiosity, on the RSS version of GPP will Gael radius be 6000km or will it have the same radius as earth?

We're planning to factor all dimensions by 10x, so it will be 6000 km.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I just found something incredibly interesting in one of Gael's seas. And I already know what to do with it. Also. Waypoint Manager is on point! Dawton's Prize is an amazing random(?) name for that area.

G0hG9Ee.jpg

c9vgq59.jpg

Hmmm what is it? Is it a raised piece of land underwater..  Like a sand bar? 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Hmmm what is it? Is it a raised piece of land underwater..  Like a sand bar? 

Somewhat like that. I had tagged a spot between (or around) two tiny islands which I expected to be above water. But they're not above water, and that gave me ideas. I'm going to tag more of them such that everyone can get to them.