[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

15 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

Just wanted to drop a note that I'm starting a Mission Report thread for my 3.2x GPP Career.  This will be the first extended thing I've documented since my Kethane-powered Jool-5 mission back in 0.24.

Just went and read the first chapter..  And followed

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@Norcalplanner I rather like this too and will be following. :)

You mentioned Kethane. May I interest you in Karbonite? It's set up so that you can design even more wildly and do things you can't do in stock or other solar systems.

Haven't used Kethane in a very long time.  Based on the extensive discussion and documentation provided in this thread and the wiki, Karbonite is already installed. :cool:

I'll add it to the list of mods in the OP.

Edited by Norcalplanner

Just now, Norcalplanner said:

Haven't used Kethane in a very long time.  Based on the extensive discussion and documentation provided in this thread and the wiki, Karbonite is already installed. :cool:

@Norcalplanner Exccccelleeeent. I'm afraid players are going to lose out on like, one whole third of the novelty of this mod. xD You shall help our evil agenda with your own.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Therlun I've tested the development build of ResearchBodies for KSP 1.2, with MM 2.7.4 and 2.7.5 and saw no issue. I did realize that the stable version for KSP 1.1.3 bundles MM 2.6.x and MM itself has most likely outgrown it. Please let me know how things work out.

Still can't get it to work. http://i.imgur.com/8jnnQKK.jpg

I do use module manager 2.7.5 and the latest dev builds of Kopernicus and Reseach Bodies. Maybe it's a mod interaction with one of the various other ones I use or I'm just doing something wrong. Thanks for your time looking into it.

Having a weird... issue... First off, I have cheated... I have enabled the stock resource scanner to scan for Karborundum, and I have increased the altitude it can be scanned from to match Ore, but it doesn't work. 

It worked before I installed GPP, but now I am getting a "Too High" error when scanning for it at the same altitudes as I did before.

Any ideas? besides "Stop cheating"

Disregard above, problem solved... and yes I'm still cheating :P

Edited by TheKurgan
spelling :P

23 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

@Galileo, how would you feel about possible making Nero's base colour map to use the neroRamp texture and then use the Nero00 colour map texture as an EVE cloud layer with a -10,0,0 rotational offset to match its ring's inclination?

Just a thought.

Oh great idea

So lately I have been playing more on my stock save of GPP.

I have been getting contracts such as "Mine ore from Ciro and deliver it to the surface of Otho." and "Mine ore from Gauss and deliver it to Hephaestus."

Is there a way to fix the bodies registry or designation where you cant get impossible contracts like this?

@4d4Garrison Actually I had found a snippet of code and installed it to prevent Ore requests from the gas giants.......but from Ciro too? :huh: I'll recheck this code and lookup how to expand it to forbid not only mining targets but delivery targets. Meanwhile, the bodies' designations are already fixed. They're numbered from innermost planet to outermost. The contract machine must be confused that Gael's index is not 1.

5 minutes ago, 4d4Garrison said:

I have been getting contracts such as "Mine ore from Ciro and deliver it to the surface of Otho." and "Mine ore from Gauss and deliver it to Hephaestus."

Is there a way to fix the bodies registry or designation where you cant get impossible contracts like this?

no im afraid not. Its strange that this happens though because all of the gas giants in GPP use Jool as a template and Ciro is just the Sun but renamed. This might be a stock problem

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@4d4Garrison Actually I had found a snippet of code and installed it to prevent Ore requests from the gas giants.......but from Ciro too? :huh: I'll recheck this code and lookup how to expand it to forbid not only mining targets but delivery targets. Meanwhile, the bodies' designations are already fixed. They're numbered from innermost planet to outermost. The contract machine must be confused that Gael's index is not 1.

im pretty sure the contract machine doesnt look at the index numbers like that but if it does we are going to be breaking a lot of saves.. which is bad news for streamers and scott manley.. lol

17 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

What doesn't make sense to me is this..  Ciro doesn't have an index number... So this seems to be a random stock problem

That actually makes a lot of sense. I've already covered the giants but they were still requested. Should I expand the blacklist anyway? My next question is if the rewards for these contracts are as extreme as the contracts themselves.

Also, intensity intensifies @Galileo @Poodmund @ Nero

@MaxL_1023 Mining non-solid bodies is what Karbonite, Near Future Propulsion and KSP Interstellar Extended are for. :)

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That actually makes a lot of sense. I've already covered the giants but they were still requested. Should I expand the blacklist anyway? My next question is if the rewards for these contracts are as extreme as the contracts themselves.

Also, intensity intensifies @Galileo @Poodmund @ Nero

@MaxL_1023 Mining non-solid bodies is what Karbonite, Near Future Propulsion and KSP Interstellar Extended are for. :)

So are you trying to decide if you need to blacklist Ciro?  I would say yes,  and if you can figure out how to permablock the gas giants or why it's not being permablocked,  that would be awesome too.  

@Galileo Okay I will. I already have the code to block the gas giants. At that point I suspect whether the code is in a bad place (which I highly doubt), or maybe... @4d4Garrison did you omit the GPP_Resources folder from your install? Do you have Community Resource Pack?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Nero go home, you're drunk.

im tempted to make Nero spin that quickly ALL THE TIME. not just in time warp. like a dizzy toddler

1 hour ago, 4d4Garrison said:

If you could send me your save file for testing, ill try to figure out why these contracts are happening. 

Edited by Galileo