[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

SOLVED

I'm having some trouble getting this going. I'm running a fresh install of KSP 1.3.1 with Kopernicus 1.3.1-2, Galileo’s Planet Pack 1.5.88 and then the textures added as per the instructions. When I run the game the loading bar reaches the end then the application hangs. The same thing happens in both 64 and 32 bit versions. Interestingly if I remove the folder ModularFlightIntegrator the game does load but none of the new planets do it's just the stock solar system.

KSP.log: https://pastebin.com/NqXMPUJ3

output_log.txt: https://paste.ee/p/boqZF

Any ideas?

Edited by Rockets and Things

Can you make a version without Grannus? I cant use this pack at the moment because scatterer does not work properly causing the ground, ksc and rockets to be in constant shadow. These are not my images and the issue for this person was caused by the star in extrasolar but it is the exact same problem. https://imgur.com/a/ytagI

4 hours ago, Rockets and Things said:

When I run the game the loading bar reaches the end then the application hangs.

How long did you wait? There's a long delay when first loading a new planet pack (especially one as big as GPP) while Kopernicus caches planet data.

3 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Can you make a version without Grannus? I cant use this pack at the moment because scatterer does not work properly causing the ground, ksc and rockets to be in constant shadow. These are not my images and the issue for this person was caused by the star in extrasolar but it is the exact same problem. https://imgur.com/a/ytagI

I'm still running the previous version of GPP (1.5.3) and I'm seeing the same problem -- everything is in shadow.  Spacecraft in orbit never show any lighting from Ciro -- there's uniform lighting all around the spacecraft.  Solar panels ARE working correctly, however.

I'm not 100% sure when this started.  Various mods get updated, and one of those updates (no idea which, unfortunately), caused this problem.  (Several weeks passed when I wasn't playing but was updating the mods, which is why I'm not sure where the cause lies.)

On 12/2/2017 at 12:07 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

CKAN takes its good time to update. We are hoping for that to happen/have happened already.

GPP, Secondary, CloudsLowRes, and CloudsHighRes were configured to use the latest release from GitHub, but the version was hard-coded to 1.5.3. The main GPP actually got frozen at 1.5.3 because some of the directories it had been installing went missing in 1.5.88, but the other three were installing 1.5.88 while calling it "1.5.3". Versions 1.5.3 and 1.5.88 of all four mods should be correct now.

4 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

39 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

I'm still running the previous version of GPP (1.5.3) and I'm seeing the same problem -- everything is in shadow.  Spacecraft in orbit never show any lighting from Ciro -- there's uniform lighting all around the spacecraft.  Solar panels ARE working correctly, however.

I'm not 100% sure when this started.  Various mods get updated, and one of those updates (no idea which, unfortunately), caused this problem.  (Several weeks passed when I wasn't playing but was updating the mods, which is why I'm not sure where the cause lies.)

This is not a GPP issue as nothing has changed in regards to scatterer that would affect stars. This is especially true for 1.5.3... seeing as hundreds if not thousands of people have played 1.5.3 and never reported that issue. 

Also, 1.5.88 has also been out long enough that I would hope that somebody would have already reported that issue.  

I will not make a whole new version just to exclude one body, no.

1 hour ago, AG5BPilot said:

4 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

you guys may want to check your install and make sure you have the correct versions of all dependencies. Perhaps post a screenshot of your GameData folder so i can dissect what other mods you have and see what is causing your issues.

screenshot65.jpg

Sorry guys, I know this has got to be in here somewhere, but I have been reading back pages for an hour and can not find any questions regarding ground scatter.  I am missing trees exc that I found in the GPP/Terrain folder.  I would really like to see trees,  rocks and some bushes.  Again I tried to figure this out on my own.

Thx for this pack, it has revitalized my KSP time killer.

I've been poking around with the Kerbal Renamer and I can't seem to get it to do what I want. I'm not a fan of changing the last names (no offense), so I went to change the last name lines from Gaelean to Kerman in two separate places. However, this seems to have no effect on a new career save. Also, I usually add a couple custom kerbals into the game from the debug menu, but the names seen to be overridden using the random list when I reload the astronaut center.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with these questions!

15 hours ago, AG5BPilot said:

18 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've been seeing increasing reports of this issue. Apparently it's a glitch of Kopernicus 1.3.1-3. Install 1.3.1-2 and report back.

I had this problem, but fixed it.

The issue was in the combination of Kopernicus and GPP I was running. Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 introduced a deliberate change to how stars behave. If you have a planet pack which adds stars (like GPP) the owner of the planet pack needs to update it to handle the Kopernicus change. The latest version of GPP has this update.

For the shadows to disappear and lighting to behave normally you need to run Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 with GPP 1.5.88. If you are still on GPP 1.5.3 you will need to either revert back to Kopernicus 1.3.1-2 or upgrade GPP to 1.5.88.

Edited by psamathe

7 hours ago, aeroeng14 said:

I've been poking around with the Kerbal Renamer and I can't seem to get it to do what I want. I'm not a fan of changing the last names (no offense), so I went to change the last name lines from Gaelean to Kerman in two separate places. However, this seems to have no effect on a new career save. Also, I usually add a couple custom kerbals into the game from the debug menu, but the names seen to be overridden using the random list when I reload the astronaut center.

Then just delete the renamer.

6 hours ago, psamathe said:

Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 introduced a deliberate change to how stars behave. If you have a planet pack which adds stars (like GPP) the owner of the planet pack needs to update it to handle the Kopernicus change. The latest version of GPP has this update.

For the shadows to disappear and lighting to behave normally you need to run Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 with GPP 1.5.88. If you are still on GPP 1.5.3 you will need to either revert back to Kopernicus 1.3.1-2 or upgrade GPP to 1.5.88.

The change was actually introduced back in Kopernicus 1.3.0-5, but it had a glitch in it.  Version 1.3.1-3 simply fixes the glitch to make it work the way it was originally intended.  I learned of the change a month ago and fixed GPP proactively so that verison 1.5.88 would work with the new Kopernicus.

GPP 1.5.88 should work with Kopernicus 1.3.1-2, but older versions of GPP will not work with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3.  If you are using Kopernicus 1.3.1-3, you must use GPP 1.5.88.

8 hours ago, aeroeng14 said:

To further what Galileo has said above, yeah it sounds as though you do not want any feature of the Renamer to be active and the Renamer plugin is not critical to GPP functioning therefore just delete the plugin if you wish. If you still want the GPP starting names for your Kerbals, you can always change their names through the debug menu as you have said.

Edited by Poodmund

16 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

Sorry guys, I know this has got to be in here somewhere, but I have been reading back pages for an hour and can not find any questions regarding ground scatter.  I am missing trees exc that I found in the GPP/Terrain folder.  I would really like to see trees,  rocks and some bushes.  Again I tried to figure this out on my own.

Thx for this pack, it has revitalized my KSP time killer.

Check that you hav terrain scatter turned on/up in the main menu settings. That is the only way you would be missing scatterer.

When I asked to make a version without Grannus I meant just adding it as an extra option to remove grannus as i assumed that you could remove it with a config but obviously i don't actually know how hard it would be to add and remove. I have updated my GPP to 1.5.8 as i was using CKAN and that has fixed it though unfortunatly i stopped using it due to memory issues which is not your fault. Is there a way to remove scatterer or use lower textures on the ckan version. I see that there are cloud options but are there terrain or any other choices?

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The change was actually introduced back in Kopernicus 1.3.0-5, but it had a glitch in it.  Version 1.3.1-3 simply fixes the glitch to make it work the way it was originally intended.  I learned of the change a month ago and fixed GPP proactively so that verison 1.5.88 would work with the new Kopernicus.

GPP 1.5.88 should work with Kopernicus 1.3.1-2, but older versions of GPP will not work with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3.  If you are using Kopernicus 1.3.1-3, you must use GPP 1.5.88.

Upgrading to GPP 1.5.88 did, indeed, solve the problem for me.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, TachyonGMZ said:

When I asked to make a version without Grannus I meant just adding it as an extra option to remove grannus as i assumed that you could remove it with a config but obviously i don't actually know how hard it would be to add and remove. I have updated my GPP to 1.5.8 as i was using CKAN and that has fixed it though unfortunatly i stopped using it due to memory issues which is not your fault. Is there a way to remove scatterer or use lower textures on the ckan version. I see that there are cloud options but are there terrain or any other choices?

I never use EVE or Scatterer and everything loads fine. You will miss out on some features but at least you can have less RAM usage

I have removed the scatterer folder after installing gpp via CKAN and memory is fine. The clouds are still there so that is good. Can't wait to start career now that i've sorted everything else. If I were to add opm would memory increase a lot? Also what are the low and high cloud texture resolutions?

Hi,

yesterday I tried to use the advanced settings cfg. Before I did that, my complete game was working fine.

When I started the game, my KSC++  stuff (trees, space center expansion, Floodlight etc...) was not showing up.

So I replaced the settings file again with the original one ( I copied the settings file before I added the advanced settings), but the trees etc were still missing.

I reinstalled scatterer & KSC++ & Kerbal Konstructs, tried to remove the cache, tried several scatterer settings in the settings menu etc etc, but nothing happens.

Could someone tell me what to do? 

Happily enough, I don't have to ask for tech support, only modding advice- everything's working fine as intended on Galileo's part. Congrats on this planet pack, it's one of the best.

That being said, I intend to start a hardcore career game (Kerbal Construction time, REPOSoft, Life Support) using Sigma88's Galactic Neighborhood (kudos Sigma) for maximum mission distance. I tested my setup in sandbox, and there were no issues from traditional mod conflicts. However, when I got to your work, the body descriptions were all still from the perspective of Gaelans looking above from Gael. (This actually occurs with a lot of the body descriptions as well, since a lot of planet packs are no longer orbiting Kerbol or even known about at the start of the game thanks to REPOSoft.) I'm also a fan of the new names, but I miss Jeb and co., yet also want to keep the new additions.

My questions are:

1. Where is the description of the GPP bodies located so I can edit them to be from Kerbin's perspective?

2. This is a longshot, but how can I bring Jeb and co. back while also merging the stock and Gaelan names together? I saw above that there is a way to revert it back to the stock naming system, but if there's a way to have the best of both worlds and have Galileo Gaelan and Jeb on the same mission, I'll gladly do it.

3. What should I do to get rid of the GPP suit textures? I'm using Texture Replacer Replaced, and prefer its default suit over GPP's (no offense!).