[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

So I installed GPP Secondary on a fresh clean install of 1.4.3. Clouds working on Stock system and Ciro system. Installed OPM and clouds on the stock system have disappeared (even after uninstallling both OPM and the community texture mod it requires). Clouds still present on Ciro planets though. Thoughts?

33 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

So I installed GPP Secondary on a fresh clean install of 1.4.3. Clouds working on Stock system and Ciro system. Installed OPM and clouds on the stock system have disappeared (even after uninstallling both OPM and the community texture mod it requires). Clouds still present on Ciro planets though. Thoughts?

There is a misnamed texture in the cfg. I’m not at my pc and I can’t remember which one it is, but I’ll edit this later and ping you when I get home and check

In earlier versions of GPP there were a bunch of Terrain Presets that could be added to the game's Settings file to enhance graphics. I don't see those instructions with the latest GPP. Are those Presets deprecated or am I missing the instructions?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

There is a misnamed texture in the cfg. I’m not at my pc and I can’t remember which one it is, but I’ll edit this later and ping you when I get home and check

So the Stock and OPM config files has a dunaclouds file (for Duna obviously in stock, for Thatmo in OPM) in it but my texture folder doesn't have a file by that name (or anything close).  Deleting those to object sections from the two files fixed the issue.

52 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Moar plernerts plz?

STOP

55 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

So the Stock and OPM config files has a dunaclouds file (for Duna obviously in stock, for Thatmo in OPM) in it but my texture folder doesn't have a file by that name (or anything close).  Deleting those to object sections from the two files fixed the issue.

yes i was about to comment. Just rename dunaclouds to GratianClouds and that will fix the issue and give you the clouds as intended.

48 minutes ago, Galileo said:

STOP

yes i was about to comment. Just rename dunaclouds to GratianClouds and that will fix the issue and give you the clouds as intended.

ooh, even better than what I ham-fisted together. Keep up the good work! One of these days I might actually visit all of it :D

5 minutes ago, Tyko said:

How can I make Ciro brighter? I looked in the configs and there's a Luminosity setting, but that alone doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks!

look at the Intensity, IVAintensity and ScaledIntensity curves. They affect surface lighting. The Luminosity curve affects solar panels and heat.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

33 minutes ago, Tyko said:

How can I make Ciro brighter? I looked in the configs and there's a Luminosity setting, but that alone doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

look at the Intensity, IVAintensity and ScaledIntensity curves. They affect surface lighting. The Luminosity curve affects solar panels and heat.

Understand, that messing with those will cause planets to become overexposed if you go too bright

Edited by Galileo

28 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Understand, that messing with those will cause planets to become overexposed if you go too bright

Yes, thanks I just wanted to nudge it a bit brighter. I thought in previous configs there was a single number that was essentially a brightness percentage that I had dialed up. That was several versions ago though. I'd like to get it up to where Kerbol is.

Definitely have seen "too bright". I turned Ciro up enough once the Iota looked like a disco ball.

Edited by Tyko

19 hours ago, Tyko said:

Yes, thanks I just wanted to nudge it a bit brighter. I thought in previous configs there was a single number that was essentially a brightness percentage that I had dialed up. That was several versions ago though. I'd like to get it up to where Kerbol is.

The single setting is still an option in Kopernicus, but in that case a star's brightness doesn't diminish with distance.  In other words, a star's light has infinite range.  With multiple stars that's a problem because objects near Ciro would also be brightly illuminated by faraway Grannus, and vice versa.  GPP uses brightness curves so that the sunlight decreases with increasing distance from each star.

You've got two options depending on what you want.  First, edit the curves in the file GPP/GPP_Configs/SunCurve.cfg.  These are the curves that produce the light intensity decrease as we move away from a star.  The second number in each "key" is the brightness.  Just increase the numbers to make the sunlight appear brighter.

If you prefer to have all the planets equally illuminated with no decrease vs. distance, then use the second option.  Just delete the file SunCurve.cfg.  This will cause the sunlight intensity to revert the curves in the individual star configs - Ciro.cfg and Grannus.cfg.  These curves produce even illumination across all the planets, but it then decreases to zero before reaching the neighboring star.  In this case the curves are simpler with fewer numbers to change.

Edited by OhioBob

10 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The single setting is still an option in Kopernicus, but in that case a star's brightness doesn't diminish with distance.  In other words, a star's light has infinite range.  With multiple stars that's a problem because objects near Ciro would also be brightly illuminated by faraway Grannus, and vice versa.  GPP uses brightness curves so that the sunlight decreases with increasing distance from each star.

You've got two options depending on what you want.  First, edit the curves in the file GPP/GPP_Configs/SunCurve.cfg.  These are the curves that produce the light intensity decrease as we move away from a star.  The second number in each "key" is the brightness.  Just increase the numbers to make the sunlight appear brighter.

If you prefer to have all the planets equally illuminated with no decrease vs. distance, then use the second option.  Just delete the file SunCurve.cfg.  This will cause the sunlight intensity to revert the curves in individual star configs - Ciro.cfg and Grannus.cfg.  These curves produce even illumination across all the planets, but it then decreases to zero before reaching the neighboring star.  In this case the curves are simpler with fewer numbers to change.

this really helps. Thanks for explaining it :) 

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

oooooh! can Grannus Expansion Pack be integrated into the mod? I think it would give people more reason to visit Grannus. @Galileo @OhioBob

Or, people that want GEP can download it and install it. It works just fine with GPP and GPP_secondary.

Say, weren't you unfollowing this thread anyway?

(Btw @OhioBob GEP is great)

Edited by fwdixon

49 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

oooooh! can Grannus Expansion Pack be integrated into the mod? I think it would give people more reason to visit Grannus. @Galileo @OhioBob

Integrating GEP into GPP as a single installation adds bodies that some people may not want.  It could be too much for some people's computers to handle.  We prefer to keep the mods separate.  If somebody wants the additional planets around Grannus, then it is a very simple process to go download and install GEP separately.  GPP and GEP are for the most part finished products; we're not making any more changes.

Edited by OhioBob

It's time to reiterate how utterly fantastic GPP is, and how much I appreciate the tremendous amount of effort that went into not just GPP but also making GEP, GPP, and OPM all play together nicely.

A most sincere thanks to the entire team!

40 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

It's time to reiterate how utterly fantastic GPP is, and how much I appreciate the tremendous amount of effort that went into not just GPP but also making GEP, GPP, and OPM all play together nicely.

A most sincere thanks to the entire team!

Hear, hear - this mod is AMAZING. THANK YOU so much for this!

Edited by Bombaatu