Galileo

[KSP 1.4.5] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.3.1] [03 Aug 2018]

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I would think not. There's no reason to not try GPP on any particular KSP version. It will work fine in KSP 1.4.5+ and should be just fine in 1.7.3.

Okay, great thanks!

34 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It's been a while, but GPP for 1.8+ is in development. 

This is very welcome news.  Thanks Galileo.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

It's been a while, but GPP for 1.8+ is in development. 

Wow!! Thanks a lot :-D

29 minutes ago, Galileo said:
  Hide contents

rjdr8eU.jpg

Ok, now you're just teasing :D

Not gonna lie, as much as I love JNSQ I wouldnt mind another upscaled playthrough of an updated shiny new GPP at some point in the future. 

Oh yes I can use this after I finished the things to do in the stock game(return from moho, eeloo, EVE, and get my ssto to work) because sadly my laptop can't run JNSQ and I can't wait 2 hours for that to download XD.

Question: will the current version of GPP break in 1.8.1?

8 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

Question: will the current version of GPP break in 1.8.1?

It should work fine.  There's a couple things that will break due to syntax changes in the new Kopernicus, but nothing major that will stop you from playing.

(For instance, HazardousBody has changed, so the excess heat effects on Thalia and Icarus won't work.)

So, the heating effect will be back in GPP for 1.8.1?

Also, is there something that allows kerbals to plant flag on Thalia and Icarus?

6 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

So, the heating effect will be back in GPP for 1.8.1?

Also, is there something that allows kerbals to plant flag on Thalia and Icarus?

Yes, the heating will be back in 1.8.1.  And the new heat module allows us to vary the heat in a much more sophisticated way.  Some areas will be more hazardous then others.  You'll have to pick your landing site carefully, but there are areas where you should have no problem planting flags.

So I'm assuming GPP is the mod that's making my loading screen icons watercolor-ified? If so, how do you make that specific special effect? And if not, do you know what mod does it?

9 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

So I'm assuming GPP is the mod that's making my loading screen icons watercolor-ified? If so, how do you make that specific special effect? And if not, do you know what mod does it?

Yes, those loading screens are from GPP.  It's not done by a mod.  It's digital artwork created by Galileo from some screenshots.  I'm not sure what software he used to create it.