[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

Remotetech doesn't work even with the patch. I am using version 1.8. Halp !

So... I installed RemoteTech 1.8.2 (I am using KSP 1.2.1), then I installed the GPP Optional Mods RemoteTech patch.  Then, I edited the Default_Settings.cfg file in the ...\GameData\RemoteTech folder to change "Body" from 1 to 5.

STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
            Name = Mission Control
            Latitude = 8.510
                    Longitude = -168.250
            Height = 27
            Body = 5  <== This was 1

This is also explained earlier in this thread.

1 hour ago, g-man said:

So... I installed RemoteTech 1.8.2 (I am using KSP 1.2.1), then I installed the GPP Optional Mods RemoteTech patch.  Then, I edited the Default_Settings.cfg file in the ...\GameData\RemoteTech folder to change "Body" from 1 to 5.

STATION
        {
            Name = Mission Control
            Latitude = 8.510
                    Longitude = -168.250
            Height = 27
            Body = 5  <== This was 1

Yes,  known issue that is fixed in our next update.  If you had read back a few pages,  this would have been answered for you

5 hours ago, Penguixia said:

So I downloaded and installed everything, and while the game starts normally, it's stuck on the loading screen. Am I doing something wrong?

KSP (if it's completely fresh, like a first-ever install) should run once with no mods at all installed so it can generate some basic settings. After that you are okay to install system-altering mods like Kopernicus.

11 hours ago, g-man said:

Has anyone had issues with the Civilian Population Revamped (CPR) mod causing error codes?  After installing all the mods listed in the installation instructions I noticed that the log was being spammed with:

[EXC 13:00:26.667] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ProtoPartResourceSnapshot.get_maxAmount'.

[EXC 13:00:26.668] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ProtoPartResourceSnapshot.get_maxAmount'.

[EXC 13:00:26.709] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ProtoPartResourceSnapshot.get_maxAmount'.

[EXC 13:00:26.710] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ProtoPartResourceSnapshot.get_maxAmount'.

I started with a fresh install of KSP 1.2.1 and added the mods one at a time, checking for errors after each one.  I started with the "Included Addons", then moved to "Recommended mods" then finally to "Suggested mods".  (I skipped KSP Interstellar Extended because I thought it might have been the culprit.)  Anyway, when I added CPR is when I got the errors.  I removed CPR and finished adding the other mods without errors.  Adding CPR caused the error again. 

Civilian Population is calling a function that exists in KSP 1.2.1 but no longer in 1.2.2. Its maintainer alone has the power to fix this.

That said, I have not tested its old bundled MM 2.6.x with the latest Kopernicus as other tings might break.

8 hours ago, g-man said:

STATION
        {
            Name = Mission Control
            Latitude = 8.510
                    Longitude = -168.250
            Height = 27
            Body = 5  <== This was 1

Oh, thanks alot !

Hi,

I'm new to mods so this is likely a mistake on my end.

I've installed Kopernicus 1.2.2-1 and Galileo's planet pack. I extracted both of these into the GameData folder as from what I can gather you're supposed to do from the KSP Wiki.

The program loads with all the witty loading hints, but I seem to get stuck on the black screen with the orbiting planets that say 'loading' on them before I get to the main menu (you know, like the loading screen you get upon launching a craft). This happens every time I attempt to load the game.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

KSP (if it's completely fresh, like a first-ever install) should run once with no mods at all installed so it can generate some basic settings. After that you are okay to install system-altering mods like Kopernicus.

Thanks!

Hey guys! A little update on Galileo.. Hes dealing with some person stuff right now and will be away for awhile. Dont worry hes coming back! He personally told me to tell you guys because he felt you should know! :D 

6 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo I've rechecked the planets and Gratien seems like the world I want, sadly, this mod takes ages to load suddenly, especially when going between the ship and back to the tracking station, so sadly, I'll have to play SSRSS until some day in the future

Gratian is quite an awesome planet, yes. :) Great screenshots are to be pursued there.

Has this occurred since updating to KSP 1.2.2? I've noticed this myself, especially with EVE installed, but I thought it was just me. Anyway, it'll be diagnosed when Galileo returns. See above post.

14 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Gratian is quite an awesome planet, yes. :) Great screenshots are to be pursued there.

Has this occurred since updating to KSP 1.2.2? I've noticed this myself, especially with EVE installed, but I thought it was just me. Anyway, it'll be diagnosed when Galileo returns. See above post.

no no, well it's gotten worse with 12.2. I may play this mod IF what he gave a sneak peak of, that is, the other launch sites and mission controls for remotetech. I've got great screenshots on Gratien in the KSP FB group. I however, have been eager to play for so long, that I think I'd just got with RSS. I've installed RSSVE and it looks great. But based on how the update goes, and when Mother (a mod) is released, I may play this

@The-Doctor I think it's best you wait and play RSS until Galileo returns; Save yourself a lot of novelty points for when our release finally arrives. :) The alternate launch sites and RemoteTech stations are indeed coming, along with perfect 6.4x and 10x Sigma scales.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:24 PM, The-Doctor said:

Galileo's planets pack will be interesting to play in and to send crews on insanely long voyages without deepfreeze.

-snip-

Will by Kerbals go insane before they reach the gas giants of @Galileo planet's pack? Or if  give them enough space would they survive? I'm curious to play this without deepfreeze and having to figure out how to keep kerbals alive, and sane on massive voyages.

By the way, do you still have this plan in mind and will there be a mission log thread on it? I'm curious to how that works out.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

31 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor I think it's best you wait and play RSS until Galileo returns; Save yourself a lot of novelty points for when our release finally arrives. :) The alternate launch sites and RemoteTech stations are indeed coming, along with perfect 6.4x and 10x Sigma scales.

By the way, do you still have this plan in mind and will there be a mission log thread on it? I'm curious to how that works out.

what exactly do you mean? The kerbals going insane? It's part of kerbalism, I hope to play with Galileos in the future.

5 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

what exactly do you mean?

I meant to say, in waiting on our update you'll get to keep more of the novelty of the experience of GPP, there'll be more to see for the first time and without most (hopefully all) of the issues present in the current release, rather than you see these things, meet more potential issues, then it's not as fresh anymore when you fly around and see the changes. :)

I myself am waiting for this release so I can start my real science or career game and not have to think much about finding many new issues to address.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I meant to say, in waiting on our update you'll get to keep more of the novelty of the experience of GPP, there'll be more to see for the first time and without most (hopefully all) of the issues present in the current release, rather than you see these things, meet more potential issues, then it's not as fresh anymore when you fly around and see the changes. :)

I myself am waiting for this release so I can start my real science or career game and not have to think much about finding many new issues to address.

me I'm heading to play RSS, everything is set up, it's all ready to go, I'm starting science mode tomorrow. I think xscience has a problem with Kerbalism so I may have to take it out.