[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

40 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There won't be any change at all in appearance. you don't actually see the small 1x1 textures at all. They just replaces the stock textures that render in the background and use memory. I may actually implement this idea next update. 

200_s.gif

Re-he-heally? And it's just a simple matter of unzipping a folder to Texture Replacer?

6 hours ago, 4d4Garrison said:

So Hox's moon Argo seems to have surface eruptions and or gaseous releases. Maybe it had some bad tacos.  

I need to get closer. This small two body system is quite beautiful in a dull, icy, grey sort of way.

GOTCHA!

Wow just wow! You guys have truly outdone yourselves with this. Looks how beautiful argo's eruptions are!

Argo is virtually Enceladus. That's pure water ripping through into space. :cool: SCANsat will prove it if you don't believe me.

Spoiler

All that's missing is for it to sit in a gap in Nero's rings.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

16 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Re-he-heally? And it's just a simple matter of unzipping a folder to Texture Replacer?

Give it a spin! Its just 36 tiny textures in TextureReplacer. -----)> StockPlanetTexReplace <(-----

@Galileo     I had a question about Ciro, it looks like... there is a ring, possibly to mask the corona or something that is offset from the transform of Ciro?

AKnjNoW.jpg

22 minutes ago, Tynrael said:

Give it a spin! Its just 36 tiny textures in TextureReplacer. -----)> StockPlanetTexReplace <(-----

@Galileo     I had a question about Ciro, it looks like... there is a ring, possibly to mask the corona or something that is offset from the transform of Ciro?

AKnjNoW.jpg

its not scatterer that is causing the issue. It's caused by giving ciro an atmosphere. For reasons unknown, adding a custom atmosphere causes some artifacting on the sun. It's noticeable but not too noticeable that it kills the immersion. It's better to have an accurate atmosphere in my opinion. We tried for a long time to troubleshoot the problem only to find out it's just a thing that happens when you alter a stars atmosphere.it only really happens when you whip the camera around the in map mode or in the tracking station. It's not too noticeable otherwise

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

its not scatterer that is causing the issue. It's caused by giving ciro an atmosphere. For reasons unknown, adding a custom atmosphere causes some artifacting on the sun. It's noticeable but not too noticeable that it kills the immersion. It's better to have an accurate atmosphere in my opinion. We tried for a long time to troubleshoot the problem only to find out it's just a thing that happens when you alter a stars atmosphere. 

Oooooh it has an actual atmosphere?! Is reaching it even possible? How bout landing? Maybe if I go at night, hmm...

21 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Oooooh it has an actual atmosphere?! Is reaching it even possible? How bout landing? Maybe if I go at night, hmm...

Why would--? *frustration* But @Tynrael did a GPP sun-diver video and cheaply accomplished it by raising his Apo in Ciro orbit super high then burn :retrograde: at Apo. Needless to say his unique feat gave us (the GPP team) ideas.

Spoiler

You're going to need a ship worthy of the name "Icarus 2" :wink: But it'll be a 1-way trip for sure. There's no negotiating with 25.8 boiling gravioli noodles.

SUNSHINE_by_Phoenix_06.jpg

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Why would--? *frustration* But @Tynrael did a GPP sun-diver video and cheaply accomplished it by raising his Apo in Ciro orbit super high then burn :retrograde: at Apo. Needless to say his unique feat gave us (the GPP team) ideas.

I've done some experimenting and gotten closer but nowhere near the atmosphere. Not with stock radiators anyway.

yeah i can get you a list

7 minutes ago, Tynrael said:

any idea what those are named?

Spoiler

bop_biome
dres_biome
duna_biome
eeloo_biome
eve_biome
gilly_biome
ike_biome
kerbin_biome
laythe_biome
minmus_biome
moho_biome
mun_biome
pol_biome
tylo_biome
vall_biome

I probably could have just explained it but as i started gathering the names i kept convincing myself that the next one would follow a different format... sigh

Edited by Galileo

18 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

All planets work with strategia but if they are not defined in the cfg they will not have a custom image. 

Edited by Galileo

RemoteTech ground stations are a separate feature but is present. Currently there's a gap in their distribution which will very likely cause momentary blackouts. Next GPP release addresses it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Does anyone else using this pack also have Karbonite installed?  For some reason I can't seem to get the atmospheric engines to work, at least not on Gael.  It's as if the IntakeAtm resource isn't defined - every one of the Karbonite jet and UHB turbofan engines flames out as soon as the engine is staged, with the right-click menu.  I'm starting to trouble-shoot, and Karbonite seemed to work fine in a stock-ish install.  Remove the custom "Improved Karburetors" config file included with GPP had no effect in my modded save - all the engines are still starved for IntakeAtm.

Since I'm also running 70-odd other mods, including Sigma Dimensions for the 3.2x rescale, it very well could be something else.  I'm just looking for a quick bit of information along the lines of "do you have Karbonite-fueled engines working in your GPP save" to make sure that I'm the only one with this problem.

So I realised yesterday that extending the orbits without increasing the planetary radii makes everything look very small... Gael is miniscule from Iota orbit now :< 

Spoiler

FCXDRUz.jpg

Which is probably realistic, seeing as you can hide the moon behind a dime held at arm's length (a fact which I use to wind people up when they use the word "supermoon" :D). I'll stick with this 1x+3.2x config I think, but I may be a tad sad about the reduced visuals. On the up side, the Iota Mining Corp is making record profits since Iota shrank!

@JadeOfMaar - any sign of that fancy new skybox? :wink:  This one's lovely, but it's so vibrant that it tends to swallow small objects like... Gael...

In other news, I looked up the transfer to/from Gratian at my window in 60 game days... I need to find 10.5km/s for the round trip orbit-orbit, and it's going to need a pretty chunky lander to boot! Methinks it is time to bust out the Kerbal Atomics hydrogen engines... and debate whether a 1-kerbal lander is sufficient. (I assume Gratian isn't an oxygen atmosphere... haven't poked around the configs, and there's nothing obvious in-game to tell me.)