[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, barfing_skull said:

Gah, I think your mod is fine, after doing a bit more research I'm pretty sure it's not the atmosphere, but a problem with a part.

I'm glad to hear it's not our mod.  I was going to suggest that there had to be a problem someplace else because the behavior you were describing certainly didn't sound like anything that could be caused by the atmospheric model.  Gael's atmosphere is very similar to Kerbin's because both are based off models of Earth.  Stock Kerbin is based off the U.S. Standard Atmosphere, while Gael is based off a set of referenced atmospheres developed by the U.S. Air Force.  The Gael model is the same one used for Kerbin in the mod Realistic Atmospheres.  While playing the game, I doubt you'll notice much of a difference between stock Kerbin and the modified atmosphere.

27 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

let me know what you guys think! 

That looks awesome.  Very well done. :D

So I'm about to load up this mod for the first time and give it a try. I'm noticing there's a lot of detail and immersion with this mod, so is there any career mode mods you would recommend? Since I don't think starting with a manned capsule would be the right way to go about playing this. :P

@EleSigma One such mod comes to mind. SETI: Unmanned before Manned. It rearranges parts and or nodes in the stock tree and in CTT. The contracts part is the only questionable area with GPP so it's up to you to find and report any issues if you take my mod suggestion. Strategia is optimized for GPP so if (and however possible) you can mix SETI and Strategia, go ahead and do this.

Pardon my French...

Jannah has some serious lady lumps. :rolleyes:

CZaRNA1.jpg

Her looks are also overall far better than I or anyone first came to know.

TQR1p2i.jpg

I went to Gael's highest places and measured them too. Mount Cilos, 6,333m tall, west of KSC and halfway across the Pligia continent.
Coordinates: 6.55063984    167.87415977

ikSRmsX.jpg

Mount Iodos, 6,115m tall and somewhere in the north-west parts in the Uakora super-continent. Iodos has some generous turf so you can drive up or drop in and brake with an STOL plane meanwhile Cilos is VTOL or bust.
Coordinates: 25.91019    -60.12251

ckUrTIJ.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I'm glad to hear it's not our mod.  I was going to suggest that there had to be a problem someplace else because the behavior you were describing certainly didn't sound like anything that could be caused by the atmospheric model.  Gael's atmosphere is very similar to Kerbin's because both are based off models of Earth.  Stock Kerbin is based off the U.S. Standard Atmosphere, while Gael is based off a set of referenced atmospheres developed by the U.S. Air Force.  The Gael model is the same one used for Kerbin in the mod Realistic Atmospheres.  While playing the game, I doubt you'll notice much of a difference between stock Kerbin and the modified atmosphere.

Yeah, it was a case of too many variables at once to pin down what was going on.  My general approach to planet packs has been to load them, and go to the tracking station to see if I can see all the added bodies.  I'd seen similar behaviour before in thick atmospheres, but didn't think to look for a rogue, invisible parachute.  It was the RealChute mod that changed the stock parachute configuration, and must have broken it for at least the Mk16.

As an aside, I noticed your initial post in this topic mentioned stripey planets with Linux/Mac.  I do not have that problem out of the box with GPP.  However, I've encountered this with other planet mods, it's generally that OpenGL and .dds files don't always play well together.  I think using just .png for textures makes it the most portable.  I ended up going back and writing a script that converts all the DDS to PNG (using ImageMagick) then edits the configs as well, and that fixed a planet pack or two for me.

Cheers,

-BS

8 hours ago, sDaZe said:

let me know what you guys think! 

The first time I watched it without sounds on my phone and it was like "meh". On second time, with sounds, it was a lot better. Now there was a story where the images belong. The biggest problem was, the scene with the kerbal looking back to Gael was badly cropped. You should have shown the surface he was standing on (and not just because the surface is so much prettier than what the stock moons have). And I feel like the video missing a fast paced ending, like aerobraking in a gas giant, lift-off from a strange planet, crashing into some surface, jumping off a cliff with a rover etc. Something that would give glimpses of what the planets look like on the surface.

5 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

The first time I watched it without sounds on my phone and it was like "meh". On second time, with sounds, it was a lot better. Now there was a story where the images belong. The biggest problem was, the scene with the kerbal looking back to Gael was badly cropped. You should have shown the surface he was standing on (and not just because the surface is so much prettier than what the stock moons have). And I feel like the video missing a fast paced ending, like aerobraking in a gas giant, lift-off from a strange planet, crashing into some surface, jumping off a cliff with a rover etc. Something that would give glimpses of what the planets look like on the surface.

I plan on doing separate videos showing off the different planets. This one was primarily showing off the Gael system, I experimented on adding other planets but it kinda defeated the purpose of showing the kerbals home.  

46 ton transfer stage to get a 1.8 ton probe into Icarus orbit... ;.;

U8zsdS2.jpg

It's my own fault I know, by increasing the size of Ciro and planetary orbits, I've reduced Icarus' SoI to something insanely small, and hit it at 12km/s. Only the mightiest of mighty engines was good enough.

...that said, this probe has 6km/s in it's argon tanks, and a TWR of 1.4... I may have to do something silly with it.

So I have been working on Gratian Exploration. I build a 4 part transfer vehicle with enough fuel to go to Gratian, to Gael, then back to Gratian, along with LO/OX to refuel 1 lander fully and a 2nd halfway.

Gratian Exploration

Here is the science lander flaming through gratians atmosphere. The two other trails are the transfer bus and its decoupler respectively.

Here it is around Gratian with the two landers which were sent up separately:

The one docked to the top docking port is the science gatherer and it has more DeltaV, science equipment, parachutes, and ladders for EVA allowing it to land then return to orbit. The one docked to the front is a crew transport/lander and its mission will be to land a ground crew at a surface base. Due to its lack of parachutes or ladders it will be single use.

Gratian ExplorationGratian Exploration

Here is the beginning of the station docked to the transfer vessel. This transfer vessel will take 4 or 5 crew home at the next transfer window.

station 1 gratian

Eddie W - you are crazy with that 3.2x scale thing man. Without near future propulsion and cryo engines I doubt you would even be able to get to Icarus without constructing a vessel in orbit (and a very expensive one at that).

Maybe once I get used to this beautiful planet pack and feel I have adequately explored it as I have the stock system I will try out 3.2x.

I've never seen a solar eclipse in the game. Today it was time, pure coincidence. A huge shadow.

JjqUldP.jpg

Tq1PXZF.jpg

Another picture of the end of the solar eclipse.

vCdzvZ0.jpg

I once had the luck to see one in real life, in Germany it is very rare. When it dawned, the birds began to chirp their evening song and it became cooler. As the zone of total eclipse was above me, a donkey began to scream in the neighborhood as if it had been about his life. A really impressive event, i will never forget this day.

Has anyone of you ever experienced a solar eclipse?

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo problem, Kerbalism isn't working properly, the radiation belts aren't showing, when I click for it to show, it doesn't show. Even when I fly through it, it doesn't say I did. Everything else is ok

Kerbalism isn't fully support in the latest release. Next version will be

19 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Kerbalism isn't fully support in the latest release. Next version will be

:)  That is so awesome, I've been trying to decide on what exactly to do for a new career, having so many problems with being mod heavy.   I think the winner is GPP and going mod lite. 

6 hours ago, astroheiko said:

Has anyone of you ever experienced a solar eclipse?

I've seen three of them.  Bolivia in 1994, Aruba in 1998, and on the Black Sea in 1999.  (My avatar is a photo of the Bolivian eclipse.)  Hopefully I'll see my fourth this summer.  For those of us living in the United States, we have one coming right to our backyard.  On 21-August of this year a total solar eclipse will be cutting a path right across the middle of the country, from Oregon to South Carolina.  I definitely recommend to everyone living nearby that they make an effort to see it.  A total solar eclipse is one of nature's truly unique experiences.

Total eclipse of the sun: August 21, 2017

@The-Doctor @eberkain Yeesh, I shoulda checked all my morning emails before replying. Here you guys go. It's a very simple radiation config, Gauss probably isn't nearly Gaussy enough, but it should do the trick until Galileo & crew bring us "official" Kerbalism support.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp54jcbq31btwqg/radiationtest.cfg?dl=0

Also, here's one for Rald if you swing that way.<_<

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecl7wmjmypz59a4/RaldRadiatoin.cfg?dl=0

Standard MM configs, just plop them in /GameData (and remember to remove them when official support comes along.)

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

@The-Doctor @eberkain Yeesh, I shoulda checked all my morning emails before replying. Here you guys go. It's a very simple radiation config, Gauss probably isn't nearly Gaussy enough, but it should do the trick until Galileo & crew bring us "official" Kerbalism support.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp54jcbq31btwqg/radiationtest.cfg?dl=0

Also, here's one for Rald if you swing that way.<_<

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecl7wmjmypz59a4/RaldRadiatoin.cfg?dl=0

Standard MM configs, just plop them in /GameData (and remember to remove them when official support comes along.)

Thanks, I was just reading the thread looking for that :) 

Yay I've just installed fresh GPP install with Kerbalism and SETI and encountered this issue. That it is what I call community support! Kudos for that and this brilliant mod - you made me go back to KSP
May I ask what is rald?

Confirmed, works great:
http://imgur.com/a/36Pxp

Another question: is it intended, so that tellumo would have unbreatheable atmosphere or is it secondary to the partial support od kerbalism?

Edited by quarrion

2 hours ago, MysterySloth said:

If there is one, what is the real life analog to the Ciro system?

There is no precise analogue. The Ciro system is semi-fictional and does not attempt to mirror any particular real solar system.

29 minutes ago, quarrion said:

May I ask what is rald?

Rald is a terraformed Mars-like planet and a nomad among planet mods. There are quite a few Rald fans in this thread. While they help make GPP even better, they help Rald fit in with it for the win.

Edited by JadeOfMaar