[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

So I made my first Video. I decided to do something simple like a mission to Ceti to pick up any remaining science points. I had excess deltaV so it was a cake mission but it was still very fun and playing GPP also always has the bonus of  amazing visuals that never seem to get old.

Edited by 4d4Garrison

10 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

If anyone here uses MKS, it allows kerbals to breed now. So I wanna see nurseries on (or direct recruitment at) Niven. :cool: Hyyyype!

Well now. That just opens up all sorts of disturbing fridge logic. :blink: Knew I shoulda gone to bed. Think I'll go stare at the wall for a while. 

3 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Hey wait a sec... I thought rocks were supposed to be solid? Or did that get turned off at some point? The rocks on my Rald are proving rather... ephemeral...

The colliders have to be enabled in Rald's cfgs. Since I didn't make Rald, it didn't get the SVT touch :wink:

I'm loving this planet pack and the other suggested mods!  I've got 2 minor issues though.

1) I seem to have lost (I don't remember turning it off) the remote tech and can't turn it back on.  All my satellites have infinite range and antennas are pretty much pointless.  I'd like to be able to switch it back to having the antenna range and network connection stuff, where do I need to look to turn that back on?

2) I have no clouds on any of the planets.  I've got the atmosphere haze from Scatterer and the lens flare of Ciro but no clouds on Gael.  I have not changed any of the config files, since I installed I just haven't had any clouds.  How can I get some cloud cover?

Thanks!

Edited by wvu_benjisaur

5 hours ago, Luovahulluus said:

Are you sure you don't mean ethereal?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ephemeral

No, I meant ethereal. The rocks don't disappear, they just behave like air when I run into them. :wink:

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

The colliders have to be enabled in Rald's cfgs. Since I didn't make Rald, it didn't get the SVT touch :wink:

Noted. What in the config needs tweaking?

note to self: go run into a tree on Gael, need to test. 

11 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

No, I meant ethereal. The rocks don't disappear, they just behave like air when I run into them. :wink:

Noted. What in the config needs tweaking?

note to self: go run into a tree on Gael, need to test. 

If you find the scatter nodes in ralds cfg, change colliders to True 

1 hour ago, wvu_benjisaur said:

I'm loving this planet pack and the other suggested mods!  I've got 2 minor issues though.

1) I seem to have lost (I don't remember turning it off) the remote tech and can't turn it back on.  All my satellites have infinite range and antennas are pretty much pointless.  I'd like to be able to switch it back to having the antenna range and network connection stuff, where do I need to look to turn that back on?

2) I have no clouds on any of the planets.  I've got the atmosphere haze from Scatterer and the lens flare of Ciro but no clouds on Gael.  I have not changed any of the config files, since I installed I just haven't had any clouds.  How can I get some cloud cover?

Thanks!

You probably installed the bundled SVE wrong. Post a screenshot of your gamedata folder 

I'm troubled by how to treat Tellumo's rings. Picturesque or navigation hazard?. IRL Cassini has flown through Saturn's rings, but it's considered a risky maneuver.

How are others treating Tellumo's rings? Are you plotting courses/orbits through them or have you worked out techniques to avoid that?

Edited by Tyko

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Tyko Planetary rings in KSP are so far only cosmetic features and have no colliders and no particle fields. There's no need to worry about hitting anything while passing though them.

Thanks! I understand the technical limitations imposed by the game. I'm more asking whether people are roleplaying their existence.

Edited by Tyko

On 27/02/2017 at 0:28 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I was supposed to do something important with KSP last night :P but I ended up making a Duna/Augustus SSTO with only nukes, stock parts overall and 4km/s ...and to an extent Eddie's bi-cockpit design feature (see his Squeakbat SSTO). :blush:  

I didn't realise it at first, but the cockpit and the 2-person cabin weigh the same if you strip out the monoprop. And together they're only half the weight of the 2.5m 3-kerbal pod. Why would you ever NOT do an asymmetric twin headed design? You can balance them on top of a 2.5m headshield even :) 

Only down side is getting crew out, but there's a mod to let you add a hatch to the cabin at VAB time, which I shall be using from here on!

19 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@astroheiko My selections won't be limited to posts within that thread but it's convenient to gather them there and I'll consider posts in there first. That said, this one is sheer awesome! What are the four bodies?

Thank you for the flowers.
I just arrived at the Otho System and wanted to start with Jannah. After entering the SOI of Jannah, this constellation emerged. I waited 2-3 orbits to get an even better result. On the left is Jannah, then Otho, Augustus, Ciro and Hephaestos.

greetings