[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Did you happen to use the latest version?  I changed the cfgs a bit

I downloaded it today, let me check...  v1.0

what kind of changed did you make? unless you added stuff orbiting the sun, I don't think there should be any problems

Edited by Sigma88

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I downloaded it today, let me check...  v1.0

what kind of changed did you make? unless you added stuff orbiting the sun, I don't think there should be any problems

Ok cool I only changed PQS and land scatter 

Just now, ockidj said:

@Galileo Will this pack work with scatterer sunset clouds?

No not until blackrack fixes compatibility with SVE. he is working on a fix and should have something in the near future. Once he fixes that, ill have to go back in to my cfgs and fix them to be compatible. If you use the experimental scatterer .dll with this mod, it will break scatterer

Hmm, looks like Contract Configurator isnt compatable at the moment with this due to the fact that there is no "sun" as a valid celestial body.

I started a new game after i got my isntall finnaly done (yay to dropoing 30+ mods). Started a new game, and hit alt-f12 to check errors and notice this spams

Spoiler

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ArgumentException: 'Sun' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

In the 5 mintues i was in game, it looks like i generated 300k+ lines of that spamming over and over, lol.  Im gonna go drop a note over on CC thread here in a few.

Heres a log to show it tho.

Log File

Im gonna do a couple sub mod checks of CC first to make sure it inst a contract pack, but bassed on that text i would think its due to this being a new solor system.

12 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Hmm, looks like Contract Configurator isnt compatable at the moment with this due to the fact that there is no "sun" as a valid celestial body.

I started a new game after i got my isntall finnaly done (yay to dropoing 30+ mods). Started a new game, and hit alt-f12 to check errors and notice this spams

Reveal hidden contents

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ArgumentException: 'Sun' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

In the 5 mintues i was in game, it looks like i generated 300k+ lines of that spamming over and over, lol.  Im gonna go drop a note over on CC thread here in a few.

Heres a log to show it tho.

Log File

Im gonna do a couple sub mod checks of CC first to make sure it inst a contract pack, but bassed on that text i would think its due to this being a new solor system.

yeah there will be things that arent compatible in the beginning but as the mod gets more popular (i hope it does), people will want their favorite mods to be compatible so patches will become available

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Maybe in the future. Once I iron out everything. 

I have finished the tweaks to all celestial bodies for better performance. I will upload in the next few hours

In my quest to get an equatorial KSC, I tried replacing Gael with Kerbin while keeping the rest of your system intact. I commented out the Kerbin line in RemoveStockPlanets.cfg and I removed Gael.cfg. It looks like it worked, but I'm wondering what unintended consequences I may have wrought.

Any warnings or is it really this simple? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

yeah there will be things that arent compatible in the beginning but as the mod gets more popular (i hope it does), people will want their favorite mods to be compatible so patches will become available

Yup, i hear ya. I havent had time to do much with this one, or anything for that matter, it looks great.

What little time i did have yesterday/today, CC did work but it just spams the log file, which makes it rough to debug other things that might creep up, lol. Ill toss a generic note about it up in the CC thread here in a few.

4 minutes ago, tjt said:

In my quest to get an equatorial KSC, I tried replacing Gael with Kerbin while keeping the rest of your system intact. I commented out the Kerbin line in RemoveStockPlanets.cfg and I removed Gael.cfg. It looks like it worked, but I'm wondering what unintended consequences I may have wrought.

Any warnings or is it really this simple? Thanks!

its really that simple :) Gael is EXACTLY where Kerbin was so the calender days would match up. If you want you could actually add the Kerbin.cfg from SVT and you would get those sweet ground textures, as Gael and Kerbin also share the same ground textures that are bundled with SVT

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

its really that simple :) Gael is EXACTLY where Kerbin was so the calender days would match up. If you want you could actually add the Kerbin.cfg from SVT and you would get those sweet ground textures, as Gael and Kerbin also share the same ground textures that are bundled with SVT

Wow cool! Thanks for the info!

Landed on Niven - set the target for what looked like a salt flat. Turns out it was quite flat, but a little short on salt. I was wondering about that contract I got...

Lets just say landing legs alone might not cut it.

To the atmosphere configuration guys - would that situation work at 0.1 atmospheres with that kind of surface temperature?

1 minute ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Landed on Niven - set the target for what looked like a salt flat. Turns out it was quite flat, but a little short on salt. I was wondering about that contract I got...

To the atmosphere configuration guys - would that situation work at 0.1 atmospheres with that kind of surface temperature?

@OhioBob can answer that

I looked up - looks like we have about 10 degrees to spare assuming 315 Kelvins. Not sure about a greenhouse effect due to the CO2 dominated atmosphere. The pressure is just enough to make take-offs annoying, although the density makes parachutes quite effective. 

Edited by MaxL_1023

11 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.  I don't know what "situation" you are talking about.

3 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:
  Hide contents

It has surface water. Was not sure if it is supposed to be a secret.

Nope not a secret.. all the secrets have been aired out now :)

except for that one thing.......

Edited by Galileo

49 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It has surface water. Was not sure if it is supposed to be a secret.

Warning: Potential Easter Egg (or something).

Oh, I think I understand your question now.  Were you asking if it were really possible for lakes to exist on Niven?

The answer is yes.  I actually performed a fairly detailed study of surface pressure, temperature, and boiling points.  I was able to identify specific latitudes and elevations at which liquid water could exist.  That's where we placed the lakes.

Edited by OhioBob

So I ran into an interesting bug: x7VvGfI.png

So it appears that Scatterer is "working" (which I'm using the Scatterer provided within the download, just to be clear), but only within a certain range of any craft I fly or land in the ocean. Logs or it didn't happen: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwZHDX3K4KIuVHpQN0lBTEREbFk

Please send help.

Edit: Also, the game is crashing a lot more often with this mod pack installed. I very much enjoy the mod, it's just a bit tedious crashing every 10 minutes.

Edited by Noname115
information on scatterer version, and a little extra info

13 minutes ago, Noname115 said:

So I ran into an interesting bug: x7VvGfI.png

So it appears that Scatterer is "working" (which I'm using the Scatterer provided within the download, just to be clear), but only within a certain range of any craft I fly or land in the ocean. Logs or it didn't happen: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwZHDX3K4KIuVHpQN0lBTEREbFk

Please send help.

Edit: Also, the game is crashing a lot more often with this mod pack installed. I very much enjoy the mod, it's just a bit tedious crashing every 10 minutes.

When you turn on the scatterer ocean shaders, you have to restart the game.  That should fix the water issue.  As for crashes,  I don't know I have played hours and hours without a single crash.  I see you have kittopiatech installed.  You shouldn't actively any with that installed. It can also be causing the scatterer water issue. Its for editing planets and isn't meant to be played with. So delete that and restart your game and that might fix some issues. 

Also it would be good to see a mod list as well.  You might be playing with incompatible mods. 

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

When you turn on the scatterer ocean shaders, you have to restart the game.

I had a feeling it might have been that. I'll try that out.

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I see you have kittopiatech installed. You shouldn't actively any with that installed.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure why I installed it myself. When I was installing other mods through CKAN, it was a recommended mod. I thought nothing of it at the time. Now that you explained it though, I'll see to it's removal.

Edited by Noname115