[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

UPDATE!

v1.0.2 Accuracy Update

• Fined tuned some scatterer settings
  • Adjust heightmap and ground texture render altitude
  • Changed heightmaps for Gratian and Niven to reflect the surface more precisely
  • Changed atmoshperes on Augustus, Tarsiss and Hadrian
  • Removed Lakes from Niven and Augustus
  • Added added lakes to Tarsiss
  • Hadrian is now an oceanic body with an LN2 ocean 
  • Added RemoteTech support
  • Added Research Bodies support
  • Added Kerbal Konstructs, KSC++ support
  • Probably more stuff I'm forgetting

**Some atmospheres have changed.  Tarsiss has gone from 75 km to 130 km and Hadrian from 50 km to 80 km. Anything orbiting could get swallowed up by the atmosphere, crashing and burning.. If you have anything in orbit around those bodies, be sure to move it out far enough before updating the mod.**

Make sure you make a save of your stock game. This mod replaces the stock solar system completely. It will probably destroy any ships you had in orbit.
This is your warning.

DOWNLOAD 

Edited by Galileo

Extra, extra! Read all about it! :)

• I've updated my guide post on page 1 to now include Recommended Mods, Suggested Mods, and Included Addons to give some insights into the extras and patches that come with the download.
  • Also on the github wiki I've updated the dossier images for Icarus, Gael, Tellumo, Augustus, Tarsiss, Nero, and Hadrian. See all the new stats (including biome counts) as well as cosmetic changes.
  • Icarus, Niven and Hadrian have completely revised biome maps.
  • delta-V map reflects the new atmospheres and its version number bumped to 1.0

Mega spoiler, do not open! :wink:

Spoiler

* Time stamps are real. Just subtract a millenium...

AQv2hq2.jpg

Dossier%20-%20Nero_Hadrian.jpgAlso kerbals will sink in Tarsiss' lakes!

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Thanks for the update!!

Just letting you know that on my poor old computer, I can now run 1/8th res Textures without losing everything for the 2 planets I had the issue with earlier. 

Looks like I can finally start some interplanetary misisons!!

Did a flyby of Tellumo last night, was down to almost 10fps, :( I really need some $$ for an upgrade me thinks

Found a slight annoyance with 1.0.2 already, sorry!!!

I had flags on Iota and Ceti. The Ceti flag is now on Iota and the Iota flag is now on Niven. My relay sat around Niven is gone completely too.

Not game breaking by any stretch, just a heads up for anyone else updating who may have bases etc.

5 minutes ago, Dwarfy said:

I had flags on Iota and Ceti. The Ceti flag is now on Iota and the Iota flag is now on Niven. My relay sat around Niven is gone completely too.

The GPP bodies are "randomly" assigned an index value each time they are compiled. So, when you upgrade these values will change. The Kopernicus configs should include the "flightGlobalsIndex" parameter to keep the index values always the same.

20 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

The Kopernicus configs should include the "flightGlobalsIndex" parameter to keep the index values always the same.

So my flag movements would have been caused through updating Kopernicus rather than this pack?

Forgive my lack of knowledge on all this, I'm new to playing any game with mods, and appreciate the help.

2 hours ago, Dwarfy said:

Ah well, lesson learned.

i guess I'll just have to land the little suckers there all over again!!

As @Phineas Freak said the flightglobalindex should be in the cfgs. Unfortunately its not in GPP.  I was under the impression that the flightglobalindex was irrelevant now.  I will add it if it is still a necessary thing.  

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Dwarfy said:

Ah well, lesson learned.

i guess I'll just have to land the little suckers there all over again!!

Im uploading now. If the flightGlobalsIndex is still relevant, this problem shouldnt happen again.. Shouldn't... i dont have time to test it

This will require a fresh game though. i just loaded my save after making the changes and I now have a ship standing by for launch...on Icarus

Edited by Galileo

23 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Lol! @Galileo

Incoming Tarsiss hype! :) In Gauss system you never have to go far to get every other world to show themselves and pose for pics.... except maybe if you're landed on Catullus.

A5zZGkQ.jpg

MP307Mo.jpgR922nno.jpgxKGrPEI.jpghBc6D1u.jpgUNdngpj.jpguXKdVVH.jpg

WAIT AN IMGUR ALBUM!!!????

Edited by Galileo

UPDATE (did not warrant a version change)

• Added flightGlobalsIndex to planet cfgs.

This is potentially save breaking, but will allow you to update the mod in the future without vessels being placed around random bodies or disappearing.

Sorry for the inconvenience.. but you are welcome for the future convenience :wink: (this might change in the future again) 

ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

The GPP bodies are "randomly" assigned an index value each time they are compiled. So, when you upgrade these values will change. The Kopernicus configs should include the "flightGlobalsIndex" parameter to keep the index values always the same.

Well,  kopernicus automatically issues the index numbers at the start of a new game and stays persistent throughout updates unless something changes on a celestial body.  After thinking about it,  the reason people experienced moved or missing vessels was because I had to change the templates of some planets due to them losing oceans and others gaining them. That is what caused the issue. It was a knee jerk reaction on my part to update and add the flightglobalindex to the cfgs because they are not necessary anymore and it might cause some incompatibilities with other planet packs if they use the same index number.  I will likely have to update again in the near future to remove them, breaking saves again, but for now,  I'll leave it in. There is always the chance that my index numbers won't conflict with anything.  If that's the case,  then I won't have to worry about anything. 

Edited by Galileo

Hey - I am trying to use Sigma Dimensions to scale up the solar system. I am using the following settings:

// Base Settings

SigmaDimensions
{
    Resize = 10
    Rescale = 11
    Atmosphere = 1
    dayLengthMultiplier = 4
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
    geeASLmultiplier = 1
    landscape = 1
    atmoVisualEffect = 1
    resizeScatter = 1
    CustomSoISize = 0
    CustomRingSize = 10
    atmoASL = 1
    tempASL = 1
    scanAltitude = 1
}

This should make everything realistic scale while keeping rings from being inside the planet. What I am not sure about is the atmospheres. Could I find the scale heights anywhere? That way, I can write my own pressure curves to keep the atmosphere heights reasonable instead of hitting a wall at 70km. I know in stock scale the exponential curve is truncated somehow, and I want to avoid this to make re-entry more realistic. 

Also, any suggestions for the landscape? Having a volcano 30km high is epic, but slightly worrying for when I am re-entering. 

Thanks for any ideas you guys have!

I'll just mess around with the 30km volcanoes then. I want a reason to make 5000 ton rockets besides trying to knock Gael off its orbit. 

Also, the clouds are in space now. I need more practice with this...

Edited by MaxL_1023