[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

5 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I am sending probes to Tellumo in a 10x career - I had to cheat on the funds to afford the rocket. The contract wanted 3 landers plus a do-everything orbiter, and I needed the Oversize Signals Intelligence System just to have enough transmitter power (lol). Add in the requirement for 6 km/s of delta-v to enter a decent orbit (good luck aerobraking at 20 km/s) and I ended up with an 11,000 ton rocket.

Niven is about the largest body I can land a Kerbal on I think - Gratian might be too much to manage with a single launch. 

Sounds challenging - you're brave and/or a bit insane for trying it when the base GPP mod is already a lot larger than stock before the rescale.  I'm running Kerbal Research and Development, so my part stats will increase over time as I spend science on them.  Still nowhere close to SMURFF, though.  Delta V requirements are only 1.8x stock in a 3.2x rescale, so I think I should be able to handle it with a few modifications.

I am using SMURFF - I would actually prefer full RO (tanks and interstages are much more practical). Otherwise I would have trouble reaching orbit due to how terrible normal Kerbal rockets are. 

One thing about this pack - there is a HUGE jump in difficulty between iota/ceti and everything else. Niven is worse than Duna and Tellumo is as bad as or worse than Eve.

Edited by MaxL_1023

Just now, MaxL_1023 said:

I am using SMURFF - I would actually prefer full RO (tanks and interstages are much more practical). Otherwise I would have trouble reaching orbit due to how terrible normal Kerbal rockets are. 

NecroBones has made some really good stuff if you're not familiar with it - check out SpaceY, SpaceY Expanded, and Real Scale Boosters.  The last one in particular uses real world stats that makes building big a lot easier.  True five-segment SLS SRBs?  Yes, please.

Edit - I used SMURFF at full lever with all these mods in RSS (no RO), and was able to set up a large lunar base, orbiting Moon station, and land multiple unmanned probes on Mercury. 

Edited by Norcalplanner
added a bit

There appears to be an issue with the latest release, specifically very frequent crashing to desktop (every flight). This is on a fresh KSP 64bit 1.2.1 with a fresh install of the mod. The only mods present are bundled with GPP, including Scatterer, SVE, and EVE. I believe it's Scatterer, but I cannot for the life of me pin it down. Logs below, any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Stock issue associated with part highlight. TLDR: Turn it off. Specific to 1.2.1

Edited by Raideur Ng

8 minutes ago, Raideur Ng said:

There appears to be an issue with the latest release, specifically very frequent crashing to desktop (every flight). This is on a fresh KSP 64bit 1.2.1 with a fresh install of the mod. The only mods present are bundled with GPP, including Scatterer, SVE, and EVE. I believe it's Scatterer, but I cannot for the life of me pin it down. Logs below, any help would be appreciated.

Error Log

output_log

can you send me a pic of your gamedata? and does it crash in flight?

Edited by Galileo

And I goofed. My relay antenna can't reach Gael, and the SIGINT is direct. No probe data for me...

I thought scaling both the DSN and Antenna range by 10 (100 times the effective power for 10 times the range) would compensate for the orbital scaling - apparently not.

3 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

And I goofed. My relay antenna can't reach Gael, and the SIGINT is direct. No probe data for me...

I thought scaling both the DSN and Antenna range by 10 (100 times the effective power for 10 times the range) would compensate for the orbital scaling - apparently not.

F5, make changes to cfg, and load :)

I also forgot parachutes. I had engines on the probe theoretically strong enough to rocket-assist land (terminal velocity on Tellumo is under 30 m/s at sea level and I had 700 m/s of delta-v left after deorbiting), but I found out that they have exactly 0 ISP at 10 atmospheres. 

Hack gravity time!

Alright - I have made the following hacks for increased "realism:"

Range of Relay Antennas increased from 2G/15G/100G to 50G/100G/1T

The smallest dish weighs more than probes NASA communicated with on frickin Mars - they should be able to get to Tellumo being several times larger. 

ISP curve of 48-7S spark engine changed from 320/270/0.001 at 0/1/7 atmospheres to 320/270/250 at 0/1/10 atmospheres.

It should be worse in thicker air, but since no other tech I have available will work I might as well pick a smallish nozzle engine to use for landing on Tellumo and later Catullus.

Attention to detail and general design ability of KSP user "MaxL_1023" increased by 38.6%.

I will now forget EITHER parachutes or antennas, not both on the same 5.8 million fund mission.

hi,

I'm running GPP on ksp 1.2.

I installed Kopernicus via CKAN, which depends on Modular Flight Integrator (see below).

With Modular Flight Integrator though, the gravitational field and forces on the home planet is totally messed up: rockets float mid air just above the launch facility, konstantly moving upwards at extremely low speed; engines have no effect, i.e. they start, flames come out, but the rocket continues to float. Jebediah can jump out of the command module and veeeery slowly fall to the ground, where if he jumps, he raises few centimeters from the ground and falls down very slowly..

Any user experienced this already and know how to fix it?

Thanks

AC

PS this is the content of the file ModularFlightIntegrator.version

{
    "NAME": "ModularFlightIntegrator",
    "URL": "https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModularFlightIntegrator/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModularFlightIntegrator/ModularFlightIntegrator.version",
    "DOWNLOAD": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/118088",
    "VERSION":{
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 2,
        "PATCH": 2,
        "BUILD": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION": {
        "PATCH": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
    }
}

1 minute ago, f.pelosa said:

hi,

do a fresh install and install everything manually. then try running GPP without any mods and see if the problem persists. If you do not experience the problem, start adding mods back little by little until you see the issue again then you can narrow down the problem. 

3 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

ISP curve of 48-7S spark engine changed from 320/270/0.001 at 0/1/7 atmospheres to 320/270/250 at 0/1/10 atmospheres.

It should be worse in thicker air, but since no other tech I have available will work I might as well pick a smallish nozzle engine to use for landing on Tellumo and later Catullus.

You can also try the following mod engines.  They're designed for Eve's 5 atm pressure, but they'll still out perform anything out there at 10 atm.

Also note that Tellumo's atmospheric pressure drops very rapidly with increasing altitude.  If you can find some high terrain that you can land on (say 2+ km), taking off again should be doable with stock parts.

Edited by OhioBob

I just started fresh, manually adding one module at a time. I spotted the issue in the ModularFlightIntegrator module: vanilla installation of KSP with that module alone, gives me the problem. I just posted my log in the ModularFlightIntegrator thread and noticed there are other users with the same problem.. Let's see..

6 hours ago, OhioBob said:

You can also try the following mod engines.  They're designed for Eve's 5 atm pressure, but they'll still out perform anything out there at 10 atm.

Also note that Tellumo's atmospheric pressure drops very rapidly with increasing altitude.  If you can find some high terrain that you can land on (say 2+ km), taking off again should be doable with stock parts.

I need to hit three biomes - are there enough above 2000m or so?

5 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

Could you land once at high altitude, then explore with a rover or a plane you brought along?

Yeah you can,  or are you asking him to do it so you could see? 

Edited by Galileo

I will need to find an electric propeller mod to use a plane unless I want one large enough to carry drills and an ISRU.

Rovers it is. 

I was debating making one but the last time I tried I couldn't get the rover out of the service bay specifically designed to carry a rover which I swear looked large enough in the VAB, then magically shrunk about 5% in real life. Also, decoupling the rover somehow blew up all the wheels. 

Can someone help me? I am trying to install this pack, and I put in the base mod and I start KSP. KSP loads up, and no new planets. Stock Kerbol. I do the other version available in the .zip, nothin. I tried putting every mod in the .zip into my gamedata, nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

Can someone help me? I am trying to install this pack, and I put in the base mod and I start KSP. KSP loads up, and no new planets. Stock Kerbol. I do the other version available in the .zip, nothin. I tried putting every mod in the .zip into my gamedata, nothing. 

Did you add Module Manager and Kopernicus? those two mods are necessary. (I made the same mistake the first time...)

Edited by Tyko