[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Thalia's Curse

The ambient heat is intended to simulate a vicious radioactive particle field associated with the lore (in-game description) of the assumed celestial impact and Thalia becoming a scorched, barren and physically warped vacuum planet. Also associated is that the massive ignition caused several materials not only to eject into orbit but to fuse and become abnormally abundant rare and nuclear resources, easily consuming most of the more common resources. Their presences hope to justify continued visits to Thalia, however. The field's edge is roughly 9,400km, nearly Eta's semimajor axis, and its gradient is not linear.

Most of Thalia's surface is actually still cooler than Icarus while landed.

I'm hoping that any upcoming Kopernicus feature can possibly add a visual element to this particle field. Foreign mods that add rare and super rare resources are invited to do so here.

@Steven Mading Not a bug. :) 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@Steven Mading That exact phrase is not in the documentation but you will find plenty information on the GitHub wiki. Thalia's page there does mention a far-reaching "environmental hazard" which is exactly what you're facing. We're also working on a Kopernicus wiki which will be far more detailed and have more and improved imagery.

1 hour ago, GrzesiekB said:

Are there anomalies on all bodies (with surface of course) ? I'm playing GPP version 1.0 and Scansat detected anomalies on Gael but not on Iota nor Ceti.

Currently there are no anomalies on any other bodies besides kerbin in the next update some other moons will have anomalies

Edited by Galileo

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

Are you using the texture replacer included in GPP? Works perfectly for me. 

Yup, that was it, fixed now. Val says thankee, was getting a bit stuffy in there.

Next question... :blush: Kerbalism. In a fresh sandbox game, I can't see radiation belts. The little window says "hide" in red for each one, if I click that it changes for an instant but nothing else happens. Problem with 6.4 scale maybe? Or am I missing something else embarrassingly obvious?

10 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yup, that was it, fixed now. Val says thankee, was getting a bit stuffy in there.

Next question... :blush: Kerbalism. In a fresh sandbox game, I can't see radiation belts. The little window says "hide" in red for each one, if I click that it changes for an instant but nothing else happens. Problem with 6.4 scale maybe? Or am I missing something else embarrassingly obvious?

I don't know to be honest. I haven't played with kerbalism. 

Edited by Galileo

It would be really nice to have some special missions that would make us go to see some of the spectacular features of the planets. If I find the time, I might do a contract pack myself if there isn't one yet. I can only put an hour or so into the game per day, and I'm having too much fun playing it to start a project like that right now…

Edit: Then I would probably need some coordinates to some cool features or something. Or suggestions on what to see and what to do…

Edited by Luovahulluus

I followed the detailed and clear instruction to install this amazing mode.

Anyway, I load Kerba 64x version, I start new career game, and starts the blak screen with the loading symbol bottom right, the one with 3 planets swirling. The black screen does not go further. I waited like 15 min several time...

Anyway I started with a new install of KSp! Please Help me ! I would like also to donate for this great project!

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Currently there are no anomalies on any other bodies besides kerbin in the next update some other moons will have anomalies

You're probably way ahead of me...but...It would be really cool if "anomalies" were things like - a unique mountain peak, or a geologically interesting canyon, or an ancient river delta, or a mysterious deep cavern entrance - rather than a monolith  :)  

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Steven Mading That exact phrase is not in the documentation but you will find plenty information on the GitHub wiki. Thalia's page there does mention a far-reaching "environmental hazard" which is exactly what you're facing. We're also working on a Kopernicus wiki which will be far more detailed and have more and improved imagery.

Those great graphical planet profiles in the Wiki have an "exit" button, so look like part of an interface. Does this interface exist in-game? if so, where is it?

15 minutes ago, Tyko said:

You're probably way ahead of me...but...It would be really cool if "anomalies" were things like - a unique mountain peak, or a geologically interesting canyon, or an ancient river delta, or a mysterious deep cavern entrance - rather than a monolith  :)  

Those great graphical planet profiles in the Wiki have an "exit" button, so look like part of an interface. Does this interface exist in-game? if so, where is it?

Unfortunately there is no way to manually place an anomaly. They will be placed wherever KSP decides, but we have an idea for how to make them unique.

As for the planet profiles, they are not in game yet

1 hour ago, DuskIO said:

I followed the detailed and clear instruction to install this amazing mode.

Anyway, I load Kerba 64x version, I start new career game, and starts the blak screen with the loading symbol bottom right, the one with 3 planets swirling. The black screen does not go further. I waited like 15 min several time...

Anyway I started with a new install of KSp! Please Help me ! I would like also to donate for this great project!

Send a screenshot of your GameData folder and your logs

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Places like that are exactly where I would like a contract pack to take me.

7 minutes ago, DuskIO said:

*snip*

I suggest you take a look at this thread: 

You are not installing GPP or Kopernicus correctly. Please ensure you fully understand how the Kerbal Space Program directory is structured and where to locate add-on modification folders.

56 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I suggest you take a look at this thread: 

You are not installing GPP or Kopernicus correctly. Please ensure you fully understand how the Kerbal Space Program directory is structured and where to locate add-on modification folders.

thanks for the suggestion. Anyway do you have a specific suggestion for kopernicus and GPP? Before these mods I never had issues like this. I used different mods (like Scattered and something else) and they worked fine. Where I have to allocate these? I'll read deeply your link.

thanks again

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Thanks.  I'll read through that.

In the meantime it might be a good idea to provide a prominent link to this in the README that comes with the GPP .ZIP file.  I had no idea this information existed, and was looking to see if there was a `gh-pages` associated with the same github you get the ZIP from, or something like that.

3 hours ago, Tyko said:

Watch the gif

@Galileo So I was looking through GPP's files and configs to get some inspiration and figure out how to create terrain scatter. I looked into Hox's folder, and it's texture looked very familiar.

I then remembered that I had seen it from this website where this guy had created dozens of amazing looking planet textures. Link here. I then realized that many other planets of yours had textures directly taken from this website, with only minor hue, saturation, brightness, and contrast changes. Considering all of the textures are under the CC licence, why haven't you given credit to the guy? It says on the website that you are only exempt from the liscence if you pay for the textures, so did you pay for the textures? I don't mean to be stirring up drama, but this just concerned me a little. If you want to see the textures I am talking about, I'd happily provide them.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures