[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

32 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I too have no likes left

This is becoming a disturbing trend, just now. :mad: Me, three. 

18 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I like all of this. :ph34r: I'd say... this is a @CatastrophicFailure in the social system of the forum.

#punny

Makes since. I've never been the social sort. -_-

UPDATE IS LIVE

Changelog:

v1.2.3

Overall Better Version

• Kopernicus (W/Blackrack's ring fix) is included in the download to alleviate some confusion.

• Added PQSMods to all bodies resulting in better terrain.

• Altitude info has not been updated in KSPedia pages to reflect these changes.
  • Complete revamp of all normal maps. Planets look even nicer from scaled space... Can 4K get any better?

• Applied fixes and optimizations to Scatterer.

• Luminosity (multi-star) issue has been fixed (Thanks to @TheRagingIrishman)

• Fixed the Agency compatibility with Clever Sats mod.

• Increased performance optimization for non-Scatterer users.

• Clouds now have a subtle UV noise applied, removing harsh edges from cloud textures textures.

• Fixed the Asteroids problem. They will spawn now.

• Added authorship detection to asteroids as with Scatterer.
  • More directory updates to help make the GPP install cleaner and more modular.

• Separated all base textures into one directory (GPP_Textures\ ) and its own download to ease the downloads of further releases. Initial load time of KSP will take a little longer (Not too long), however, Mac and Linux users can now use .dds textures and save some ram.

• Sifted all celestial configs into GPP_Planets\ .

• Altered the GPP_Scatterer\ directory a little. Split the sunflare configs into separate files beside the sunflare images.

• Gave Thalia a chill pill. She now burns half as much in high orbit.

• Doubled Kerbals MaxTemp from 800 to 1600. Kerbals won't die as quickly on Icarus or Thalia.

• Updated resources to hopefully fix the vanishing Ore problem.

• Sigma Dimensions:

• added 10.6257x.

• Sunflares now scale with the rescale size.

• Now ensures Gael always has integer numbers of days, integer days in a year.

For continuing a career, a fresh install will be needed: this will not break any saves. The reason for this is because the structure of the mod has changed. Overwriting the mod with the update will break everything.

Download in the OP (FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS)

Edited by Galileo

Attention

Before you miss it. Please install the now included Kopernicus. It ensures that blackrack's modified Kopernicus DLL is present, which means:

• The rings for ringed planets will show.
  • Our solution to the solar panel problem works and works properly.
    Yes. There is a solution. :wink: 

Be advised that the terrain updates can cause landed vessels to be swallowed (spawn under surface) and destroyed. But the upgraded visuals are totally worth it.

* I may add things to this post later.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@CatastrophicFailure I'm toying with adding starfields to the EVE skyboxes: the one I'm personally using, and the one you're using. Once I get the stars to composite correctly I'll share and update all the others (and fix that other tiny problem they all have), and then the kerbals in your alien skies playthrough will have another great distraction to mind. :P And screenshots will be less smoggy.

omVeluz.jpg OC4Aupj.jpg YW0gKnv.jpg

awesome, can't wait to update.  I think you need to update some of the install instructions in this post though?

Any problems with just installing in place in existing GPP saves? (deleting the old mod folders first ofc)  Nothing in orbit of any changed bodies mentioned in the patchnotes

38 minutes ago, fourfa said:

awesome, can't wait to update.  I think you need to update some of the install instructions in this post though?

Any problems with just installing in place in existing GPP saves? (deleting the old mod folders first ofc)  Nothing in orbit of any changed bodies mentioned in the patchnotes

Won't be any issues with things in orbit, but there may be some issues with bases on other bodies as I added PQSMods to all bodies. If you don't have anything on the surface, you will be good to go.

To update, a fresh GPP install is required. Overwriting the current GPP in your gamedata will break things. Delete everything and reinstall. (That should be in the release notes)

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

To update a fresh GPP install is required. Copying over the current GPP in your gamedata will break things. Delete everything and reinstall. (That should be in the release notes)

It wasn't clear to me if that goes for existing GPP games or for stock Kerbin system, I guess

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

It wasn't clear to me if that goes for existing GPP games or for stock Kerbin system, I guess

For continuing a career, a fresh install will be needed: this will not break any saves. The reason for this is because the structure of the mod has changed. Overwriting the mod with the update will break everything.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@CatastrophicFailure I'm toying with adding starfields to the EVE skyboxes: the one I'm personally using, and the one you're using. Once I get the stars to composite correctly I'll share and update all the others (and fix that other tiny problem they all have), and then the kerbals in your alien skies playthrough will have another great distraction to mind. :P And screenshots will be less smoggy.

:D Noted, and appreciated, but as there's a very specific in-headcannon reason for those delightfully alien skies you've already created, I'll be keeping the Classic Edition™.  

53 minutes ago, Grinningthing said:

Should the update fix the unable to load issue?

There has never been an unable to load issue. There has been an unable to install correctly issue though :wink:

Im pretty sure you tried to install the dev version and didn't have the textures installed. That would cause in infinite load. Follow the install instructions and it will work

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You can find a link to them in his signature :wink:

Thanks. I keep missing things like that since I most often visit the forums via mobile. No sigs on mobile.

I believe the blue nebula skybox I'm currently using is one of his, but if that's the case I must've missed that greenish one.

@Galileo: thank you for the update. I have just begun to meddle with this juggernaut of a mod and I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer size and complexity of all your work! I appreciate it very much and I am looking forward to start a full-fledged career once I can decide which mods to use.

One thing that you missed in the update seems to be the correction of the "agents.cfg" in the "GameData\GPP\GPP_Planets\Gael" folder. I wondered why the Gaelean Historians Collective logo didn't show up in Mission Control. I believe the path in the "agents.cfg" has to be adjusted to the new file/folder structure...

3 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

@Galileo: thank you for the update. I have just begun to meddle with this juggernaut of a mod and I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer size and complexity of all your work! I appreciate it very much and I am looking forward to start a full-fledged career once I can decide which mods to use.

One thing that you missed in the update seems to be the correction of the "agents.cfg" in the "GameData\GPP\GPP_Planets\Gael" folder. I wondered why the Gaelean Historians Collective logo didn't show up in Mission Control. I believe the path in the "agents.cfg" has to be adjusted to the new file/folder structure...

Yep I will fix it... thanks for bringing it up!

@Luovahulluus If you have Photoshop I can send you the source PSD (700+ MB) which has the source images embedded. It can be imported into GIMP but that's all I can tell you there. Or I can send you just the eagle image (depending on how you want to edit)... Your update will override the cleanup work contributed by @eddiew as he didn't ask for the source.

SmartScreenFilter is blocking the GPP download from GitHub for some reason, do you have a discord or spacedock download link I could try? I never had this problem until now and I have not changed any security settings or anything.

I am unable to download either GPP textures or GPP 1.2.3.

1 minute ago, 4d4Garrison said:

SmartScreenFilter is blocking the GPP download from GitHub for some reason, do you have a discord or spacedock download link I could try? I never had this problem until now and I have not changed any security settings or anything.

I am unable to download either GPP textures or GPP 1.2.3.

OhioBob had the same issue. Microsoft is being overly cautious. Just use chrome or Firefox 

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Luovahulluus If you have Photoshop I can send you the source PSD (700+ MB) which has the source images embedded. It can be imported into GIMP but that's all I can tell you there. Or I can send you just the eagle image (depending on how you want to edit)... Your update will override the cleanup work contributed by @eddiew as he didn't ask for the source.

I have Photoshop, the source PSD would be great, thanks! 

Just to be extra clear, considering that I allready have the kopernicus .dll installed correctly and manually edited the suggested solar panel fix a few days ago (as well as the extra } in the asteroids cfg), the only thing that should need a clean install in order to work with my current save is GPP+textures, correct?

1 minute ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

Just to be extra clear, considering that I allready have the kopernicus .dll installed correctly and manually edited the suggested solar panel fix a few days ago (as well as the extra } in the asteroids cfg), the only thing that should need a clean install in order to work with my current save is GPP+textures, correct?

Reinstall GPP itself and GPP_Textures, yes, but I recommend you put away your solar panel fix (and let us know what you think of ours).

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Reinstall GPP itself and GPP_Textures, yes, but I recommend you put away your solar panel fix (and let us know what you think of ours).

Roger that. Come to think of it, since you're kind enough to provide the bundle I'll just reinstall kopernicus and moduleflightintegrator nice and clean while I'm at it.

edit: For future reference (in case someone stumbles in and wonders what  sort of manual fix I was talking about), by "manual edit" I meant that I followed these instructions:

This problem will be cushioned by giving Grannus "normal" luminosity in the next release.
If you can, open GPP\Grannus\Grannus.cfg and change luminosity = 42 to luminosity = 1360

But again, I just gave kop/mfi a clean install. Might as well.

Edited by JohnnyPanzer
Clarification