[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

27 minutes ago, Markrc93 said:

"Yes. We'd like you to drill for ore.... on the sun. Will 466 grand cover it?"

"Doesn't seem to be anything we can't handle."

The only mods I use which alter contracts is Strategia and DMagic Orbital Science (which so far seems to work just fine despite not being mentioned in the contract compatibility thread) with of course the contract configurator dependency and all... albeit contracts in general, stock or not, as you can tell here don't seem to register progression. Probably known from what I see, but I figured this sort of contract is a bit... more than usual.

Normally, I would be pretty annoyed, because we get asked this question ALL the time, but your dialog made me laugh, so you get a free pass :D

This is a bug with just about all planet packs. Nothing we can do about it at the moment and the only thing you can do is ignore the contract and move one.

Ah, my apologies there, I should've checked over at the Kopernicus thread. I understand completely, thanks for your patience, quick reply, and hard work on the mod. Loving the planet pack a lot though, just between Gael, Iota, and Ceti alone it's really re-energized my career plays. I'm really looking forward to continuing to play it for a long time and seeing each planet first hand through each of my various missions. Thanks again! 

9 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Aha! I knew it had to be something simple like that. Removing the file seemed to work, thanx. :D The SSTU panels are still putting out ridiculous power, but I can live with that. The Kerbalism panels are back to putting out what they should.

I'm glad it's working for you, but something is still messed up.  The solution I suggested is only a temporary one to fix your current problem.  I don't know what's going to happen when we switch to 1.3.0.  The next version of GPP will remove the file SolarPanelChargeRate.cfg because the solar panel fix is now incorporated in Kopernicus.  Therefore if the problem returns, we're going to have to find a different solution.

When you make the switch to 1.3.0, it would be helpful if you could do some testing to see if we can figure out what's causing the problem.  For instance, install only GPP and the minimum required mods (Kopernicus, etc.) and run a test to check the solar panel energy flow.  Then install your mods one at a time* and repeat the test until you can isolate what mod is at fault.  If a third-party mod is causing the problem, it's likely going to be the responsibility of that mod developer to make their product compatible with Kopernicus 1.3.0+ (or perhaps Kopernicus is at fault).  There may not be anything we can do on the GPP side of things because it is no longer us that is implementing the solar panel fix.

* You probably don't have to install every mod individually, just the ones you suspect might be the source of the problem.

Edited by OhioBob

Hi GPP community,

I'm currently playing KSP 1.2.2 with GPP 1.2.2 as not all the mods i use are updated yet, anyways I was wondering if there are mods out there compatible with GPP which adds additional launch sites, I only need to have like two or three extra ones for my "inside my head roleplay" career game. I know some mods do add more sites but these are for Kerbin and not my sweet Gael :(

Thanks for reading.

RootTech Industries. 

29 minutes ago, ThyRootBeer said:

Hi GPP community,

I'm currently playing KSP 1.2.2 with GPP 1.2.2 as not all the mods i use are updated yet, anyways I was wondering if there are mods out there compatible with GPP which adds additional launch sites, I only need to have like two or three extra ones for my "inside my head roleplay" career game. I know some mods do add more sites but these are for Kerbin and not my sweet Gael :(

Thanks for reading.

RootTech Industries. 

GPP comes bundled with several optional mods, one of which is KSC switcher, which does exactly what you're asking for.  Instructions for installing the optional bundled mods are included in the OP.  This is available in all versions of GPP from (at least) GPP 1.2.0 through the current GPP 1.2.3.  Note that GPP is not yet available for KSP 1.3.0, so you'll have to keep running KSP 1.2.2 for the time being.  

3 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

GPP comes bundled with several optional mods, one of which is KSC switcher, which does exactly what you're asking for.  Instructions for installing the optional bundled mods are included in the OP.  This is available in all versions of GPP from (at least) GPP 1.2.0 through the current GPP 1.2.3.  Note that GPP is not yet available for KSP 1.3.0, so you'll have to keep running KSP 1.2.2 for the time being.  

I could have sworn i read that KSC switcher had issues with a mod/mods i use which might explain why I'm currently not using it. I'll look into it and see what i can do. Thanks for reminding me about the bundled KSC switcher. 

2 hours ago, ThyRootBeer said:

I could have sworn i read that KSC switcher had issues with a mod/mods i use which might explain why I'm currently not using it. I'll look into it and see what i can do. Thanks for reminding me about the bundled KSC switcher. 

Just an FYI if you install KSC switcher while in the middle of a career game and you are using KCT your save will get pretty borked, it can be fixed by doing some manual save file editing but if you don't really know what you are doing and aren't careful you will bork it up even more.

If you start a new save though KSC switcher and KCT work just fine together.

2 hours ago, ThyRootBeer said:

iirc KSC Switcher clashes with Sigma Dimensions, which only matters to people who play upscaled solar systems. You'll have no problem if you only play stock scale.

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

iirc KSC Switcher clashes with Sigma Dimensions, which only matters to people who play upscaled solar systems. You'll have no problem if you only play stock scale.

I have zero problems playing with KSC switcher and SD on a 3.2x rescale.

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Akira_R Ah. Thanks for your answer. I think the problem is really with KSC++. One does not simply pick up a whole KK base and plop it down elsewhere. :P 

lol indeed, I love KK and KSC++ is so awesome, but between issues with rescales and such I have never actually used it in a real play through. The only one of my installs (I am currently running 3 separate installs, not counting the old versions that I haven't played in awhile lol) that has it is a stock size Kerbin system that I use for faffing about with BDArmory and making cool planes.

Edited by Akira_R

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Sigma is fine with KSC switcher, it KK that has issues, and even those are seemingly random :/

Ahh ok, thanks everyone, I do have KK installed and I'm already on a career game that i don't plan to part with soon so for now I'll take ksc switcher back out and reload the game. Luckily I'd not load my save before i saw that kk and switcher aren't friends.

1 hour ago, Space_Dog said:

Just wondering, is there a mod that expands on the science reports and makes them funnier, like crowd sourced science, that is compatible with this mod? Thanks.

It's not compatible as far as I know. 

1 hour ago, Space_Dog said:

Just wondering, is there a mod that expands on the science reports and makes them funnier, like crowd sourced science, that is compatible with this mod? Thanks.

The Crowd Sourced Science mod v4.0+ is your answer. It's compatible with KSP 1.3 but you have to write your own reports, and GPP already has its own custom science reports coming.

1 minute ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Quick question to the team:

I'm trying to get a balky contract from Mission Controller Extended to work, it's sending me to the wrong planet. What body numbers are Gael, Iota, & Ceti? (And Icarus, for reference. I'm guessing 1.)

Gael = 1 Iota = 2 Ceti = 3

if you need the other numbers, you can find them in the planet cfgs under flightGlobalsIndex

the numbers start at 60 so Gael is 60 but it's the first in the order from 60-87. To the best of my knowledge, the home planet and its moons have to be the first index numbers 1,2,3 for contract reasons. All other bodies can follow in any order, but to keep some sort of structure, I started inside and worked my way out, so Icarus is 63(4) and Grannus is 87(28)

Hmm. Well that's odd. I'll have to take it over to that thread, all the other contracts from the mod seem to work right but the Apollo 7 recreation wants me in orbit of Icarus. :0.0:

If all else fails, I can just cheat it complete, too. :ph34r:

Edit: wait a sec. I wonder if Rald could be messing it up. Is there any way to check what the body numbers actually end up as in game?

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

17 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Hmm. Well that's odd. I'll have to take it over to that thread, all the other contracts from the mod seem to work right but the Apollo 7 recreation wants me in orbit of Icarus. :0.0:

If all else fails, I can just cheat it complete, too. :ph34r:

Edit: wait a sec. I wonder if Rald could be messing it up. Is there any way to check what the body numbers actually end up as in game?

You can check the MM cache. 

Are you using the CareerSaver cfg by chance?

in GPP 1.1, Icarus was index number 60(1). So that is probably why you are seeing the issue. That is what the CareerSaver cfg changes it back to.

This is why we changed all of the index numbers in 1.2. I provided the CareerSaver cfg for people who wanted to continue their career from 1.1 and didn't care that their contracts were wonky

Edited by Galileo

13 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

God damn it, those pics looks good, don't make me jump stock

Stock? I thought it was RSS, I mean KSS, I mean 10x Stock, I mean... oh never mind. What's the flavor of the day?  :D 

Edited by Galileo

I'm starting to wonder if I suffer multiple personality disorders lol, recently I turned on members of my side of the political spectrum (The Left) on one particular issue that I kept my opinion to myself for  a long while lol and a few minor issues. 

@The-Doctor Yes. I think you indeed have MPD. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Flavor of the day. Pistachio.

pista_icecream_recipe_6.jpg

Oh. One more thing. You better make up your mind where you're going... I might go interstellar before you and plant the first flag at that planet you really like. :wink: 

ojK2RMR.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Oh my, it's my second favorite 

@JadeOfMaar My interstellar mission is a collaborative thing and it's not going to follow career mode, it will be in career mode but cheated to unlock and upgrade everything so it doesn't count, it is still being made and in the works 

23 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor Yes. I think you indeed have MPD. :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

Flavor of the day. Pistachio.

pista_icecream_recipe_6.jpg

Oh. One more thing. You better make up your mind where you're going... I might go interstellar before you and plant the first flag at that planet you really like. :wink: 

ojK2RMR.jpg

FTL drives or wormholes don't count