[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

You can check the MM cache. 

Are you using the CareerSaver cfg by chance?

in GPP 1.1, Icarus was index number 60(1). So that is probably why you are seeing the issue. That is what the CareerSaver cfg changes it back to.

This is why we changed all of the index numbers in 1.2. I provided the CareerSaver cfg for people who wanted to continue their career from 1.1 and didn't care that their contracts were wonky

Ah yes, that I am. So I should be able to reverse-engineer the careersaver file to pull the numbers for Gael & co.?

15 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ah yes, that I am. So I should be able to reverse-engineer the careersaver file to pull the numbers for Gael & co.?

Yea you can do that. That's about all there is to the CareerSaver. It restores the original body indexes.

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yea you can do that. That's about all there is to the CareerSaver. It restores the original body indexes.

OK... slowly wrapping my brain around this... Found the relevant lines in the CS config, but how do I "translate" them into the "other" number set (that is, Gael=1, but also 60?)

EDIT: Also... I don't actually see Gael in the list? Will pick thru MM cache in the meanwhile...

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

32 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

OK... slowly wrapping my brain around this... Found the relevant lines in the CS config, but how do I "translate" them into the "other" number set (that is, Gael=1, but also 60?)

EDIT: Also... I don't actually see Gael in the list? Will pick thru MM cache in the meanwhile...

60 = 1 

61 = 2

62 = 3 

etc...

Gael is Kerbin

Sigh. Well that did not work. :mad:

Many many thanks for the assist @JadeOfMaar & @Galileo, but something weren't right and my game wouldn't load at all after changing the numbers.

Yay for built-in backup multisave system. :D

So flarp that scat for a box of bananas, I'll just cheat the contract finished. I know weather I orbited the right plernert or not, dagnabbut!

13 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Sigh. Well that did not work. :mad:

Many many thanks for the assist @JadeOfMaar & @Galileo, but something weren't right and my game wouldn't load at all after changing the numbers.

I don't understand why you are trying to change numbers.  I think you'd either want the old numbers from before verison 1.2.0, in which case you use GPP_CareerSaver, or you'd want the new numbers, in which case you don't use GPP_CareerSaver.

Starting with GPP 1.2.0, Galileo had to reorder the flightGlobalsIndex numbers, I presume because of the contact issue.  What this did, however, was it had the potential to move already existing spacecraft from a previous saved game from one body to another.  Let's say you had a space station orbiting Ceti.  If you upgraded from GPP 1.1 to GPP 1.2.0 and loaded your old game, the space station would be relocated from Ceti to Niven.  This is because in the old numbering system, Ceti was number 66, but in the new numbering system, 66 is reassigned to Niven.

So if you are playing a game that was started using the old system of numbers, then you probably should continue using the old numbers, which is what GPP_CareerSaver does for you.  The consequence of that is some of the contracts are messed up, but I don't think you can fix that by changing flightGlobalsIndex numbers around because you're likely to break something else.

One bit of advice that I'd like to put out there to everyone is this:

If you are playing an old game using GPP_CareerSaver, then continue to do so as long you continue playing the old game.  But as soon as you're ready to end that game and start a new game, then delete GPP_CareerSaver before starting the new game.  No good comes from using GPP_CareerSaver if you are starting a new game.  You want to wean yourself off GPP_CareerSaver at the first opportunity, otherwise you'll be forever dependent on it.   

Edited by OhioBob

6 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

You want to wean yourself off GPP_CareerSaver at the first opportunity, otherwise you'll be forever dependent on it. 

Well said. I am considering removing it from all future updates. I have recieved a few messages asking if it is required for career mode in GPP. I can only imagine the how many misunderstood the purpose of the cfg and used it when it wasn't necessary. 

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@OhioBob I personally suspect Rald's presence is complicating things for our soviet (koviet?) friend. :wink: He has to deal with that too while juggling flight globals.

I was thinking the same, actually. 

What I was trying to do was a quick, simple fix for a single contract that wouldn't send my growing number of extra-Gaelar orbiters and landers off to the far-flung reaches of the solar system. I already lost all my Rald stuff to Grannus. :P

54 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I am considering removing it from all future updates. I have recieved a few messages asking if it is required for career mode in GPP. I can only imagine the how many misunderstood the purpose of the cfg and used it when it wasn't necessary. 

That's probably a good idea.  Anybody downloading GPP for the first time certainly doesn't need it, so it's probably causing more confusion than anything.  Perhaps you can make GPP_CareerSaver available on Dropbox in case somebody needs to re-download it for some reason, but it probably doesn't need to be in the main GPP download anymore.

Edited by OhioBob

@CatastrophicFailure Oh noes, I say! Well forget about that contract man. Use the debug menu where necessary and move on with your game. :) 

Yea, Grannus is a biter. @Galileo knows it, and might have intended it too. :D 

I also agree. GPP_CareerSaver should go. With how different GPP is now/coming versus then, things are beyond the scope of that patch.

3 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

@CatastrophicFailure, I forgot you said you had Rald installed.  My apologies, I can't see how that might mess something up.

As far as I know, Rald does not have a flighGlobalsIndex number, so that means it's randomly generated by kopernicus. It might be injecting itself before Icarus forcing a +1 to all index numbers

Just now, Galileo said:

As far as I know, Rald does not have a flighGlobalsIndex number, so that means it's randomly generated by kopernicus. It might be injecting itself before Icarus forcing a +1 to all index numbers

In that case, @CatastrophicFailure should probably edit Rald's config and give it a flighGlobalsIndex number.  Next number on the list is 88.

7 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Actually, it appears I may have bigger problems. After everything seem to be working fine again last night, now my saves are refusing to finish loading again. :mad:

Corrupt? Is there a log error?

@Galileo

Can you offer me a little advice as to how to make scatterer load a custom configuration over the normal configuration? I'm trying to make it easier for customizable configurations to be loaded (and not require a reinstallation of scatterer) in the event of uninstallation.

6 hours ago, Tynton said:

@Galileo

Can you offer me a little advice as to how to make scatterer load a custom configuration over the normal configuration? I'm trying to make it easier for customizable configurations to be loaded (and not require a reinstallation of scatterer) in the event of uninstallation.

How familiar are you with MM?