[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

22 minutes ago, Tynton said:

Are there any specific parts that I need to look at?

All of it is pretty relevant. Basically, you will have to erase the default cfgs, and add in your own, so that scatterer only sees yours

Ok, I assume making a module configuration to force MM to not recognize the pre-existing scatterer configuration? I was looking at the one in GPP for reference, and it seemed rather simple.

19 minutes ago, Tynton said:

Ok, I assume making a module configuration to force MM to not recognize the pre-existing scatterer configuration? I was looking at the one in GPP for reference, and it seemed rather simple.

Yeah that's one way to do it, although, its not friendly to any other planet pack or the stock system.

Just want to say that I can't wait for the next update. Going to be using ProbesPlus to do more unmanned exploration so I can actually visit and explore these planets instead of trying to cobble together a manned mission before I reach the right tech level.

Here is my version of the Foreign Eagle, based on the great work @JadeOfMaar did.

pOQe6dF.png

4AvBKPC.png

tmUBpL4.png

8k9xte7.png

What bothered me with the original Foreign Eagle sky box was that the Pillars of Creation (the part of the Eagle Nebula in the skybox) blocked all the tiny stars and replaced them with a couple of big red ones. This just didn't look realistic to me. The big stars were clearly in different scale than the other stars. 

So what did I do? I removed the big stars in photoshop and put the Pillars of Creation on a layer behind the Milky Way image. Now the nebula is clearly outside the galaxy, hence the new name: The Extragalactic Eagle. This may not be very realistic, as the Pillars of Creation are actually just 7000 light years from us, and their lenght is just four light years. In my skybox the nebula is maybe 50 000 to 100 000 light years long. That size is not unheard of as far as nebulae go, but on a way bigger ballpark than the real the Pillars of Creation. I also did some perspective correction and a different mask for the pillars and removed the lens artifacts @eddiew noticed before. (Sorry eddiew, no JJ Abrams on this version :wink:)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldx72j49fi36pfr/ExtragalacticEagle.rar?dl=0

15 minutes ago, Munar pilot said:

Hmm, the pack loads, but i do not see any new planets or any changes, and I followed proper installation instructions

You would be surprised how many times we have read that. We won't know for sure until you post your KSP log, and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

my guess is you are trying to run the current version of GPP on ksp 1.3 which won't work because kopernicus is version locked and the one included with GPP is for 1.2.2.

OR

you didn't download the GPP_Textures.

Edited by Galileo

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

You would be surprised how many times we have read that. We won't know for sure until you post your KSP log, and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

my guess is you are trying to run the current version of GPP on ksp 1.3 which won't work because kopernicus is version locked and the one included with GPP is for 1.2.2.

OR

you didn't download the GPP_Textures.

The issue is that im using 1.3 then, I will wait for kopernicus to be fixed

2 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Are you guys planning to add planets around Grannus?

I ask because KSS currently has only one reserved star for GPP compatibility. :P

yep we sure are, BUT it will be released as a stand alone to promote others to make addons for GPP as well. So Grannus is fair game technically

2 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Are you guys planning to add planets around Grannus?

I ask because KSS currently has only one reserved star for GPP compatibility. :P

@JadeOfMaar has actually made a pretty awesome setup that KSS can take advantage of. I would get with him in a PM so you can discuss it with him. KSS wont really have to do anything in order to have GPP compatibility. He has the details.

Edited by Galileo

24 minutes ago, Galileo said:

yep we sure are, BUT it will be released as a stand alone to promote others to make addons for GPP as well. So Grannus is fair game technically

@JadeOfMaar has actually made a pretty awesome setup that KSS can take advantage of. I would get with him in a PM so you can discuss it with him. KSS wont really have to do anything in order to have GPP compatibility. He has the details.

Cool! That's good because @StarCrusher96 is pretty busy right now with KSS.

My ultimate goal is to have all of KSS and GPP installed on my computer with a bunch of near-future parts mods so I can do a really long playthrough (after I get a better PC, of course. This old thing won't do) :P

Edited by Greatness101

I have accidentally nuked my only copy of KSP 1.2.2 (IK stupid of me) so now I will have to wait to play GPP until it is 1.3.0 compatible. :(

My quest to fix GPP scatterer, texture replacer, and the sunflares caused this so now I wish I had just left it alone.

33 minutes ago, 4d4Garrison said:

I have accidentally nuked my only copy of KSP 1.2.2 (IK stupid of me) so now I will have to wait to play GPP until it is 1.3.0 compatible. :(

My quest to fix GPP scatterer, texture replacer, and the sunflares caused this so now I wish I had just left it alone.

Why not just download it again? Steam?

10 hours ago, Munar pilot said:

The issue is that im using 1.3 then, I will wait for kopernicus to be fixed

Kopernicus has been updated for KSP 1.3.0.  The problem is that Kopernicus changed quite a bit from its previous version, which broke several things in GPP.  We're still in the process of getting GPP fixed and ready for its next release.  After the next release of GPP, you'll have to play it along with KSP 1.3.0 and Kopernicus 1.3.0-2.  But until then you'll have to play GPP 1.2.3 on KSP 1.2.2.

Hey guys, could you please include a Sigma Dimensions profile for a 2.5x scale GPP? I read a post (which I can't find of course) I believe from @JadeOfMaar that talked about 2.5 as scaled to match stock parts. 

If not a profile, then if you could provide whatever scalars I need to adjust the 3.2x, that would be great too :)

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Hey guys, could you please include a Sigma Dimensions profile for a 2.5x scale GPP? I read a post (which I can't find of course) I believe from @JadeOfMaar that talked about 2.5 as scaled to match stock parts. 

If not a profile, then if you could provide whatever scalars I need to adjust the 3.2x, that would be great too :)

Thanks!

have you looked in the rescale folder included in GPP?

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

have you looked in the rescale folder included in GPP?

Not since I installed a while back for 1.2.2 and set up 3.2x. I recall seeing 3.2 , 6.4 and 10x profiles. Have you already added a 2.5? If so, sorry I missed that :) 

1 minute ago, Tyko said:

Not since I installed a while back for 1.2.2 and set up 3.2x. I recall seeing 3.2 , 6.4 and 10x profiles. Have you already added a 2.5? If so, sorry I missed that :) 

yep sure have.

4 minutes ago, Tyko said:

A 2.5x was added in one of the GPP 1.2.x versions, don't remember which one.  We added 10.625x in v1.2.3.  So we currently have 2.5, 3.2, 6.4, 10 and 10.625x.