[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

8 minutes ago, Pinchy said:

I am in the same mindset. KSP1.2.2 is stable and GPP1.3 is stable and with all of the other mods I have installed. I have a stable and beautiful game - I now have no intention of upgrading to KSP1.3 and breaking everything AGAIN. I will not be an early adopter of any of these next upgrades :)

Well, Kopernicus is kind of cool right now. It has a 1.2.2 version with all of the same features as the latest 1.3 version. This means you can actually play the upcoming GPP release, with all of its changes in 1.2.2 the same as 1.3. That way, you can still run all of your 1.2.2 mods and not have to worry about anything breaking. It's pretty cool.

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Black-Two- said:

Does anyone have any good (manned) Gratian landers they're willing to share? I've tried a couple of times now and seem to always come up a bit short... :/

In stock GPP I made a successful SSTO documented here:

A good general rule of thumb is that if your chemical, rocket powered spacecraft can achieve orbit around laythe than it can achieve orbit around gratian, adding some more fuel gives a margin for docking as well.

GPPGratian Exploration

Currently I am playing in 2.5x and have yet to land a manned mission on any body so we will see what I come up with for that. :)

8 hours ago, Pinchy said:

@JadeOfMaar - Did you get a chance to look at the runway bug in Southern Site and work out what it is?

It's a simple and clear matter of a terrain setting or two. (Either KSC is not high enough or it's not flattening enough land around itself.) It will be fixed shortly.

JGvG0wR.jpg

Also. #REKT this pic for your viewing pleasure.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@Pinchy Open GPP\GPP_Configs\GPP_LaunchSites.cfg and search "South"

Then go down to "radius" ...

Site
{
	name = Southern_Site
	displayName = Southern Site
	description = Southern Site is an alternate launch site.
	PQSCity
	{
		KEYname = KSC
		latitude = -61.05
		longitude = -0.7
		repositionRadiusOffset = 584
		repositionToSphereSurface = false
		lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
		reorientFinalAngle = -89
	}
	PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
	{
		radius = 5000 //change this to 7000
		heightMapDeformity = 15
		absoluteOffset = 593
		absolute = true
		latitude = -61.03
		longitude = -0.77
	}
}

I've been designing my Nero vehicles, but then I got distracted by another skybox project...

EiJSKNm.png

5S0iI83.png

nsNAdtr.png

Epric9K.png

Anyone interested in having that one?

Just in case you are wondering, that craft is not going to come along to Nero. I just needed some extra cash so I used this shuttle to do six missions at one go: Got into Gael orbit, visited a station, landed on Iota, made a fuzzy scan, flyby of ceti, multi-moon flyby. Nearly got enough money to launch the big ship... Then I realized that my SRBs cost just over 3 million(!) spesos and decided to build a recoverable first stage instead...

This is now my favorite planet pack... now I have two different KSP installs, one with Galileo and another with Kerbin + OPM + Beyond Kerbal... 

My only feedback/suggestion is to expand the biome diversity a bit, especially in the home system. Playing in career mode I found it harder to get as much science via Gael-Iota-Ceti as good old Kerbin-Mun-Minmus (Minmus used to be my go to early career science mine). This means I can't unlock as many tech before I have to venture out to deep space. Definitely more challenging!

Overall tho, it's such a great mod, visually incredibly compelling, especially with the usual visual enhancement mods. Congrats!

Edited by samwisee

1 minute ago, samwisee said:

My only feedback/suggestion is to expand the biome diversity a bit, especially in the home system. Playing in career mode I found it harder to get as much science via Gael-Iota-Ceti as good old Kerbin-Mun-Minmus. This means I can't unlock as many tech before I have to venture out to deep space.

thanks for the kind words and feedback! The seemingly low number of biomes is by design, to make a career play through a little more difficult. That was something we set out to do right from the beginning.

7 minutes ago, samwisee said:

This is now my favorite planet pack... now I have two different KSP installs, one with Galileo and another with Kerbin + OPM + Beyond Kerbal... 

I cannot disagree there.

I've recently loaded a lightly nodded GPP save and it's a lot of fun - it's like a new start to the game

(Maybe because it is!)

On 14/06/2017 at 6:58 PM, Tyko said:

I modified it by replacing Gael with Kerbin

Blasphemy!

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

thanks for the kind words and feedback! The seemingly low number of biomes is by design, to make a career play through a little more difficult. That was something we set out to do right from the beginning.

Agreed! my fav thing about this mod is that I can't complete the science tree with just Gael (Kerbin...I know...still blasphemy) and her moons. Dropping science returns down to 50% and using 2.5x scale is proving to be a real sweet spot for me in which I am often barely able to achieve my next goals and have to get creative. The result has been some of my favorite ships I've made.

Okay..some gratuitous pic posts...KSC scientists discovered they'd get improved performance by clustering 4 Thuds around a Reliant then dropping the Reliant main engine after enough fuel had been depleted and continuing up only using the 4 80% power Thuds. This improved d/v and also lowered the G forces on the crew. The Merkury launcher used 1 1/2 stages to orbit. The follow-on Kemini launcher used the same technique with an up-rated 100% Thud engine cluster and added a second stage, achieving orbit in 2 1/2 stages. 

Merkury Program: 

Kemini Program: 

Primary Mods: Ven's Stock Revamp, Tweakscale, Procedural Parts, USILS

Edited by Tyko

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Pinchy Open GPP\GPP_Configs\GPP_LaunchSites.cfg and search "South"

Then go down to "radius" ...

Site
{
	name = Southern_Site
	displayName = Southern Site
	description = Southern Site is an alternate launch site.
	PQSCity
	{
		KEYname = KSC
		latitude = -61.05
		longitude = -0.7
		repositionRadiusOffset = 584
		repositionToSphereSurface = false
		lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
		reorientFinalAngle = -89
	}
	PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
	{
		radius = 5000 //change this to 7000
		heightMapDeformity = 15
		absoluteOffset = 593
		absolute = true
		latitude = -61.03
		longitude = -0.77
	}
}

@JadeOfMaar - Does this make me a bonafide coder if I change this config :)   Thanks for looking and fixing

On 2017-6-20 at 9:20 AM, Pinchy said:

I am in the same mindset. KSP1.2.2 is stable and GPP1.3 is stable and with all of the other mods I have installed. I have a stable and beautiful game - I now have no intention of upgrading to KSP1.3 and breaking everything AGAIN. I will not be an early adopter of any of these next upgrades :)

I was planning on sticking with 1.2.2 as well, but last night I raged quit because aircraft either exploded hitting an imaginary bump in the runway (or were launched five hundred feet in the air because hitting a tiny bump at 50mph is totally going to send a 9ton aircraft hurtling straight up like something out of a bad remake of the Dukes of Hazard, amirite?) or fell through the terrain. Apparently, these are issues fixed in 1.3, and since I want to try a more aircraft heavy career game it looks like I might be forced to upgrade.

I dunno, but at any scale GPP is not for basic players. :P Inclined KSC; 4 deadly planets; Ore scarcity; super-distant planets and a companion star to get to and get back from..... GPP totally qualifies for that meme.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I dunno, but at any scale GPP is not for basic players. :P Inclined KSC; 4 deadly planets; Ore scarcity; super-distant planets and a companion star to get to and get back from..... GPP totally qualifies for that meme.

Icarus and thalia. Which other planets are considered deadly?

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oh look, a meme!

Did not expect it to be here!

Thanks for creating this mod, creators of the mod by the way. Alot of work and time put into it for sure. 1+ appreaciation.

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

What about GPP+KSS+Principia at real scale and with only stock parts? :confused:

6 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

What's GPP scaled to real size with all the realism mods?

Standard GPP is 1/10th scale compared to real life, just like stock KSP.  But GPP comes with several configs that, when used with Sigma Dimensions, will scale the system up to larger dimensions.

2.5X - Intended to give the game a more lifelike feel to it in terms of rocket and spacecraft design, while using unmodified parts.

3.2X - Same as 2.5X but a little more difficult.

6.4X - Gives parts a lifelike scale in relation to the planets.  This difficulty level generally requires the use of SMURFF to modify parts closer to their real life mass ratios.

10X - Scales all celestial bodies up to real life dimensions.  Modifying parts to match real life mass ratios and performance is essential.

10.625X - Turns Gael into an Earth clone in terms of size and mass.