[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 10/8/2017 at 10:32 AM, Thrimm said:

@Galileo thank you for this amazing mod, it's a very needed refreshment from the stock Kerbol system and the planets look stunning! I have a stupid question though, is there any "easy" way that this could be incorporated to the stock game as an extra star system instead of replacing it? I know there are mods that add multiple star systems but I'm unfamiliar with the details on how it's done exactly.

I'd love to be able to explore both systems simultaneously though!

i think

is capable of doing that

UPDATE

Changelog:

We HIGHLY recommend a fresh career. Current saves will likely break. 

v1.4.0

• Overall compatibility with KSP 1.3 and the latest Kopernicus

• Lots of PQS and other terrain work.

• Updated EVE visuals

• Bundled mods also made 1.3-compatible: KSC Switcher.

• Removed FinalFrontier itself but kept our ribbons for it. Final Frontier now must be installed separately.

• Added full support for Kronometer, successor of KopernicusTime.

• Added Localizaion support. Currently only English is available.

• Added Kerbal Renamer. All newly created kerbals will carry the surname Gaelan instead of Kerman, and references to "Kerbal" have been changed to "Gaelean" wherever possible.

• KSC++ is now built into the main GPP directory, and only requires an install of Kerbal Konstructs. With this, other features will also appear.

• Kopernicus Expansion Footprint compatibility.

• Updated LoadingScreenManager. New screenshots, new tips.

• Updated default sunflares.

• Strategia balance and updates.

• More realistic strategies. No more "cheat" strategies that take the challenge out of GPP.
  • Removed GPP_CareerSaver.

• Removed Rescale! folder. To upscale GPP, see Rescale! Comprehensive SD Configs.

• Created GPP_Secondary (see Optional Mods\ folder) for seamless loading of GPP alongside Stock and/or other star system mods. Visual pack interoperability is not handled and not promised.

• Any other replacement primary system just needs to reposition Ciro.

• Do not use with Galactic Neighborhood.

• Created "SuitProgression" upgradeable heat tolerance for EVA kerbals.

• Each time you upgrade the astronaut complex, the max temperature for a kerbal goes up by 400k, maxing at 1600K.
  • Repaired and restored custom science for Gael and its moons.

• Updated ResearchBodies support and added science definitions for its sibling, Tarsier Space Technologies.

• Scatterer v0.0320b support.

• Disabled volumetric clouds on Catullus due to scatterer bug.
  • Added patch to change LqdAmmonia distributions to Ammonia if Kerbalism is present.

TO INSTALL:

1. Create a fresh install of KSP version 1.3.0. Ensure that KSP always launches in 64-bit. Run once with no mods installed.

2. Download the third-party mod Kopernicus. The Kopernicus version number must match the KSP version number, i.e. 1.3.0-X

3. Install by copying from [Kopernicus Download]\GameData\ to [KSP]\GameData\ the following folders and files:

• Kopernicus\
    • ModularFlightIntergrator\
    • ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll
  4. Download and install Galileo’s Planet Pack 1.4.0.

5. Copy from [GPP Download]\GameData\ to [KSP]\GameData\ the folder GPP\ and all its contents.

6. Download GPP_Textures

7. Copy from [Textures Download]\GameData\GPP\ to [KSP]\GameData\GPP\ the folder GPP_Textures.

8. Run once in this configuration before installing additional mods

All terrain scatter (scenery like trees and rocks) is not working due to a bug in Kopernicus. When the next version of Kopernicus is released, it will fix this issue.

Optional Mods

1. Install the mods of your choice – Final Frontier, KSC Switcher, Texture Replacer – by copying [GPP Download]\Optional Mods\GPP_[mod name]\ to [KSP]\GameData.

KSC ++

1. For an extension to the Kerbal Space Center (fuel tanks, roads, cars, trees, the whole shebang), the third-party mod Kerbal Konstructs must be downloaded and installed.

Clouds, Aurorae and Shadows

1. For clouds, aurorae and shadows, go to [GPP Download]\Optional Mods\GPP_Clouds\ and select either High-res or Low-res. Drill down further until you get to a second GPP_Clouds\ folder. Copy this folder to [KSP]\GameData\GPP.

2. To enable the visual effects, the third-party mod EVE (Environmental Visual Enhancements) must be downloaded and installed. You require only the small file, not the large one with “Configs” in its name (GPP comes with its own configs).

Scatterer

1. GPP is configured to provide atmospheric scattering effects using the third-party mod Scatterer. To enable these effects, download and install Scatterer.

2. If you want to change the sunflare for either or both stars in GPP, the images and .cfg files are in the folder, GPP\GPP_Scatterer\Sunflares\ [Star].

GPP Secondary

This new addon mod makes GPP into a distant non-primary system, allowing users to keep Kerbin and the stock planets, and set the Ciro system (GPP's main star) and Gael (not a Kerbin clone named Gael) as the mid-game or end-game. To be fully compatible with GPP one of the following must occur:

1. If the other planet pack is large and also replaces the stock solar system it must include a patch to reposition Ciro.

2. If the other planet pack only adds planets, the option exists to place itself around Grannus and be mindful of its asteroid field. [Ciro orbit] realistically is already well occupied by GPP's own planets.

Kerbol Star System is not fully supported as it is currently known to have a colliding GPP compatibility ptch. Do not use GPP Secondary with Galactic Neighborhood.

To install, just place GPP_Secondary\ into GameData\ so it looks like this:

• GPP\
  • GPP_Secondary\
  • Kopernicus\
  • ModularFlightIntegrator\
  • ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll

Kerbal Renamer

Kerbal Renamer is a new feature that renames all new and existing kerbals from "Kerman" to "Gaelan." It has a toggle (the first line) within GPP\GPP_Renamer\Renamer.cfg that can be set to keep Jebediah and company (the original 4) or to replace them with GPP's developers. It is best to change the setting before starting a save.

To toggle, change the following setting preserveOriginals = true to false.

Scaled Versions

GPP's own configs for Sigma Dimensions have been discontinued and removed. To upscale GPP, see Rescale! Comprehensive SD Configs.

Recommended mods with support for or by GPP

• Environmental Visual Enhancements - min-version: 1.2-2
  • Scatterer - min-version: 0.0320
  • TextureReplacer GPP still uses the original TextureReplacer. Use RangeMachines verion
  • Distant Object Enhancement
  • PlanetShine
  • JX2 Large Antenna
  • Strategia
  • Near Future Technologies
  • Far Future Technologies
  • USI Constellation
  • MechJeb
  • Airline Kuisine
  • RemoteTech
  • Kerbalism
  • Tarsier Space Technologies
  • ResearchBodies
  • Waypoint Manager
  • Decal Stickers
  • BlueDog Design Bureau (balanced optimally at 2.5x scale)

Known Issues

• Catullus does not have volumetric clouds due to a bug with scatterer causing them to turn black. They will return.

• Gratian and Augustus no longer have dust storms due to the same issue as stated above
  • Clouds do not show up in main menu. Just a small bug with Kopernicus. not a big deal. Nothing is broken.

• Scatterer does not show in main menu. Again, normal. Nothing is broken.

• Sometimes KSC will appear flooded. This is normal and also because of Scatterer. Nothing is broken.

• Running game in dx11 causes terrain textures to be pinstriped.

• Orbit lines jump around when zoomed out to outer planets in map view and tracking station. It's stock bug made more noticeable by Kopernicus

• Kerbal Konstructs/KSC++ do not scale with Sigma Dimensions. Statics spread apart. A fix is coming.

• Kerbalism does not support multiple stars. Solar panels will not work around Grannus. It is not up to us to fix that.

• All terrain scatter (scenery like trees and rocks) is not working due to a bug in Kopernicus. When the next version of Kopernicus is released, it will fix this issue.

Bundled Licenses

These mods and/or assets are distributed by their own license terms, included in each mod's folder

"KSCFloodlight"
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

"KSC++"
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

"SuitProgression"
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)

"GPP_Renamer"
Simplified BSD License (BSD 2-clause)

Enjoy!

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

We HIGHLY recommend a fresh career. Current saves will likely break. 

Indeed, but i refuse to give up... 

The only problem i'm seeing is that the planets IDs have changed. 

I'm trying to fix my GPP 1.2.3 career save by replacing the IDs in the savegame. 
Do you happen to have a list of old / new IDs for all bodies? 

So far i found i need to replace: 

- "body = x" directives in all CONTRACT {} as well as CONTRACT_FINISHED{} sections 
- "REF = x" directives in all ORBIT{} sections 

That appears to be mostly it? 

The other thing is that due to terrain changes some, if not all landed vessels will be spawned above of below the surface, so keep hyperedit handy. 

Beats starting over when you're 25 years into a successful space program. 

3 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

for some reason Loading screen manager is not working

It is working,

double check you copy it out of Optional Mods into GameData from the original download of v1.4. (The pictures are gorgeous :wink: )

12 minutes ago, Hacki said:

Indeed, but i refuse to give up... 

The only problem i'm seeing is that the planets IDs have changed. 

I'm trying to fix my GPP 1.2.3 career save by replacing the IDs in the savegame. 

So far i found i need to replace: 

- "body = x" directives in all CONTRACT {} as well as CONTRACT_FINISHED{} sections 
- "REF = x" directives in all ORBIT{} sections 

That appears to be mostly it? 

The other thing is that due to terrain changes some, if not all landed vessels will be spawned above of below the surface, so keep hyperedit handy. 

Beats starting over when you're 25 years into a successful space program. 

Yeah those are the changes. We removed the flight global indexes from the bodies and we let the kopernicus generate them. I don't have the numbers in hand, but I can post them this evening when I slink back to my computer

5 minutes ago, 4d4Garrison said:

I am excited to see this release, I will keep my 1.2.2 version until the beautiful dust storms and such return though. :)

Yeah, sadly, it is out my hands. I couldn't continue to sit idle and wait for dependencies to update. When they do, this pack will be so much more

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I don't have the numbers in hand, but I can post them this evening when I slink back to my computer

That'd be appreciated! 

By the way - thanks for all the work. I usually get bored with KSP after having the mun and minmus explored, but GPP somehow has made it so much more interesting for me. :)

2 hours ago, Hacki said:

Take a look at the body configs here: https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/tree/619313423fdfe577b1c2bbe1d51228fa1323f0a6/GameData/GPP/GPP_Planets

That is the repo for the mod back when the FlightGlobalsIndex was utilized. You should be able to see the numbers in each of the bodies' config files.

Just now, Poodmund said:

Ah, but those are not the numbers i am talking about. I dont know where KSP pulls the numbers from that go into the savefiles. 
See https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Orbit#Reference_code

Gael for example did have the ID 5 and now has the ID 1

1 hour ago, Hacki said:

Ah, but those are not the numbers i am talking about. I dont know where KSP pulls the numbers from that go into the savefiles. 
See https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Orbit#Reference_code

Gael for example did have the ID 5 and now has the ID 1

Sounds like you just need the old career saver cfg