[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

19 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

I'm using Kopernicus 1.3.0-4 without issue. I believe that's the version you need. You can use 1.3.0-5, but GPP is missing some configuration for the newest version so you'll most likely run into minor issues such as slightly weird visuals and maybe issues with solar panels? Not sure. The changes include some ring modifications and starlight intensity.

Just copy it over?

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just copy it over?

I am not sure what you mean. Remove any previously installed versions of Kopernicus, download the *.zip file, open it, extract the contents into GameData. :)

Edited by Three_Pounds

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I apparently have the wrong version of kopernicus installed.  Will copying the correct version over suffice?

Also, right now my career is still only on Gael, do I need to bother with this right now?

If not, then at what point will I need to worry about?

Just stick with 1.3.0-4 for now. We are close to releasing GPP for the latest kopernicus. We are just waiting on some documentation stuff to finish up, and going over the renamer to clean up the bugs. 

Just now, Galileo said:

Just stick with 1.3.0-4 for now. We are close to releasing GPP for the latest kopernicus. We are just waiting on some documentation stuff to finish up, and going over the renamer to clean up the bugs. 

Is your optional configuration for Texture Replacer meant to be used with Texture Replacer Replaced? If yes, I have a pull request for you before you ship.

4 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Is your optional configuration for Texture Replacer meant to be used with Texture Replacer Replaced? If yes, I have a pull request for you before you ship.

No, it's not. We aren't going to support TRR until they get to a stable release. I'm a bit concerned about that though since the dev seems to be worrying about tongues and other things besides the functionality of the mod. I just feel the dev has lost sight of his final goal for TRR. They have done good work so far, though. Until it's fully released, we will continue to support the original version. 

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

For some reason the front half of the runway at the main ksc and rooks glory is half covered by the terrain can you fix this please

Needs more info. Nobody else seems to be having this issue. What optional mods do you have installed? Have you tried with only GPP installed with KSC switcher?

Edited by Galileo

I've been trying to install GPP for the last few days and had been running into the same black loading screen problem that's been mentioned multiple times in this thread. Using Kopernicus 1.3.0-4 instead of 1.3.0-5 also fixed this problem for me, just as it did for others. Thought I should note that I did try the new 1.3.0-6 version but that did not work, just like 1.3.0-5, in case anybody is curious.

edit: The problem persists, however, when I try to make a new save or go to the settings screen from the main menu...

edit2: nvm, it works, I hadn't added textures back while troubleshooting

Edited by PengasKhan

13 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

does GPP support FAR?

As I understand it, FAR should work with any planet pack or atmosphere.  Whether using stock or a planet mod, the same type of data is being passed to FAR, so it shouldn't notice any difference.

Edited by OhioBob

3 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I think add Lava or Volcanos would be fun.

Any Plan for those?

I was knobbin' around quite a while back but the clouds were very resource intensive as you had to render a very densely packed group of volumetric clouds...

But it can be done.

Edited by Poodmund

@Galileo

I am willing to help with the zh_cn localization of GPP.

Has it been planned yet?

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

KSC is next to a n inactive volcano, but besides that, no plans. 

That's unfortunate, I still believe those will be sum really enjoyable and challenging gameplay.

44 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

@Galileo

Has it been planned yet?

https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/tree/master/GameData/GPP/GPP_Localization

If you need instructions on how to localize, https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/blob/master/Translating.md

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

31 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

check out the TARDIS dev thread, tell me if u can create new tech nodes so I know where to put stuff

56 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

@Galileo

Has it been planned yet?

That's unfortunate, I still believe those will be sum really enjoyable and challenging gameplay.

There's no challenge to be had in a harmless, eye-candy volcano. There is no feature to apply ambient heat to an isolated area or volume on a planet. The only thing getting threatened by the volcano is your CPU and it will be a bother for the > 90% of the time you're not chasing screenshots or just doing stuff at the KSC. :( 

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There's no challenge to be had in a harmless, eye-candy volcano. There is no feature to apply ambient heat to an isolated area or volume on a planet. The only thing getting threatened by the volcano is your CPU and it will be a bother for the > 90% of the time you're not chasing screenshots or just doing stuff at the KSC. :( 

What about lava pools, I've seen those in several other planet packs, that will work just fine

13 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

What about lava pools, I've seen those in several other planet packs, that will work just fine

In that case the entire planet has lava and burns anywhere and everywhere. No planet can have harmless and harmful oceans simultaneously.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

In that case the entire planet has lava and burns anywhere and everywhere. No planet can have harmless and harmful oceans simultaneously.

I said nothing about "have harmless and harmful oceans simultaneously".

It's NEVER about that volcano near GSC, i didn't even noticed.

Just thought planet like Icarus or Thalia should have some harmful ocean on it

Edited by Iso-Polaris

Just now, Iso-Polaris said:

Just thought planet like Icarus or Thalia should have some harmful ocean on it

Actually they do, but it is a subsurface ocean that just produces elevated temperatures.  There are no oceans of lava of the surface.  (@JadeOfMaar can provide the narrative explaining the presence of the extra heat.)

Just now, OhioBob said:

Actually they do, but it is a subsurface ocean that just produces elevated temperatures.  There are no oceans of lava of the surface.  (@JadeOfMaar can provide the narrative explaining the presence of the extra heat.)

There's actually more fun when the lava can actually be seen