[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

lol I think he meant the resource, not where to download the mod.

As with most rare resources in the KSP universe, I'd recommend searching in locations which are difficult to get to and/or remain at for any significant length of time.

29 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Grannus' light intensity is too high on planet surface.

Grannus is hardly visible through night sky, however it makes the whole Iota's night side looks like day time

What version of Kopernicus are you using?  GPP 1.4.0 is not compatible with Kopernicus releases 5 and 6.  You have to use release 4.

4 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

As Pood and several other people have said, switch back to 1.3.0-4.  No worries about it screwing with your existing game.  I "upgraded" to 1.3.0-5 when it came out, very soon found the same issues (among others) that you had, and switched back to -4, with no ill effects in my science game.

That said, Galileo has mentioned that he (and Pood, and OhioBob, and Jade) is currently working on an update to GPP to work with the latest version of Kopernicus.  Just give them some time.  There were two Kopernicus updates released since GPP updated to work with Kopernicus 1.3.0-4.

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

We actually just came to this realization ourselves. For now, just use scansat

Maybe it's the same issue OPM had? IRCC there was a resource definition included for CRP that caused the Kerbnet to crash. I think it was the MetalOre definition that caused it to break.

Edited by Three_Pounds

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Download the third-party mod Kopernicus. The Kopernicus version number must match the KSP version number, i.e. 1.3.0.

Gentlemen,

This is line 3 of the install instructions. It may be useful to be more specific about the version number,  I can understand that new users may get confused.

Also, the line at the top of the OP stating the current version to use could use more attention-getting effects to highlight it, like flashing, bigger text.

38 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Maybe it's the same issue OPM had? IRCC there was a resource definition included for CRP that caused the Kerbnet to crash. I think it was the MetalOre definition that caused it to break.

It is the same issue, but metalOre isn't the cause, afaik. I tested individually with each resource, and it's just broken 

Maybe KerbNet doesn't like non-Squad resources... Unfortunately I find this confirmation quite a waste of Galileo's time. I never could fathom how and why a resource definition built in Squad's way but with different parameters, breaks Squad's own (other) feature (KerbNet).

So it comes down Pure Stock vs Moderately Modded. :/ KerbNet and Ore alone vs ScanSAT and CRP.

In addition I don't think anyone has ever complained in this thread about KerbNet until just now...

I made a promise ages ago that I will post 10x GPP screenshots but was unable to fulfill it. Bummer :(

Anyway, I didn't even have a PC. My parents weren't really capable of buying me a PC until now. I should have it in 3-4 days now, though and if everything goes right I'll try to make some nice screenshots.

Perhaps I should stop promising things that are not guaranteed to be fulfillable.