[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

58 minutes ago, DjPreside said:

Hi, could I ask if GPP is going to be updated to the latest version on CKAN? Last version appears to be 1.5.3.

P.S.: Thank you @Galileo for this great work!

CKAN takes its good time to update. We are hoping for that to happen/have happened already.

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

A few questions - since 1.5.88 came out, there's been a new version of Kopernicus and several new versions if Sigma Replacements. Does anyone know if these new versions are good to go, or should they be avoided for the time being?

they should be good to go.. Sigma has just been adding his own textures deep in the code lol

@JadeOfMaar just discovered your EveOnline texture replacers and I must give you a huge thanks. I had to walk away from Eve for personal reasons (a common theme among hardcore players as you might know) after playing for 8 years. I have a very storied history in that world and have made serious long term friendship with folks through Eve. Eve also gave me a taste of what it's like to get paid to play a video game (I was a pretty successful FC within the Goons Coalition) and the flood of memories I get when I throw it back to the good days of gaming is truly surreal. Your pack has seriously touched me and I wanted to thank you for the efforts on your end. Thank you and the rest of the GPP team for all y'all do. Fly safe! o7

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Optional Mods

1. Install the optional mods of your choice by copying or merging [GPP Download]\Optional Mods\GPP_[mod name]\GameData[mod name] to [KSP]\GameData.

2. KSC Switcher and Loading Screen are the complete mod, no other action beyond step 1 is required.

3. Final Frontier and Texture Replacer must be downloaded and installed separately, and merged with the GPP-specific elements.

4. For GPP_Clouds and GPP_Secondary, see separate instructions below.

Hi, Is there a scenario where Texture Replacer is still used? This section from the install instructions may need updating.

56 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Hi, Is there a scenario where Texture Replacer is still used? This section from the install instructions may need updating.

*cough* Oops. My answer just now was in great error. :D Thanks for pointing that part out. I'll update it.

No, there shouldn't be any case where TR is still needed. We're phasing it out. In particular, TR doesn't recognize more than 4 vets while we have 6.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Are you considering TRR?

No, absolutely not. TRR is too convoluted for its own good. This is why Sigma decided to go forward with SR. Sigma Replacements is simple,  powerful and the code is cleaner. It allows more customization than TR/TRR as well. If you absolutely must use it, you’ll need to download an older version of GPP and move it over to the lastest. 

Edited by Galileo

On 3/12/2017 at 1:12 AM, Galileo said:

Can somebody please supply me a save file from version 1.5.3 with as few mods as possible? Preferably no other mods besides GPP and it’s dependencies?

I hope this is what you're looking for. Installed via CKAN with only the dependencies and High Res Clouds, but I've installed manually Module Manager (2.8.1). The reason is that after updating to 3.0.0 I had a bad glitch: everything was in the shade even in front of the sun. After many days trying to figure out why it happened (and now it happens even with MM 2.8.1) and how to fix it, I couldn't do anything, so I guess I'll wait for GPP to be updated on CKAN.

If you need a log or other folders of the game tell me and I'll upload those as well.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Spheniscine said:

I'm using Rescale with 2.5x and I have a problem with this building being right on the spawn point of the runway blowing up everything I put there, making the SPH/runway unusable: 

did you install KKtoSD?

19 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

did you install KKtoSD?

@Galileo, @JadeOfMaar, we probably need to add this somewhere in the instructions.  It says it in the Rescale! instructions, but I doubt most people will read that far.  As far as the GPP instructions go, it should probably go under either the KSC++ heading or the Scaled Version heading, or maybe both.  Something like this:

KSC++
2.  If KSC++ in used combination with a one of the scaled versions of GPP, the third-party mod KKtoSD must be downloaded and installed.

Scaled Version
2.  If one of the scaled versions of GPP is used in combinations with KSC++, the third-party mod KKtoSD must be downloaded and installed.

Edited by OhioBob

12 hours ago, herman said:

I'd rather not spend all the time probing for Karborundum myself. Is there a way to check for it in the files/defines?

One place that Karborundum can always be found in any system (assuming you have Karbonite installed) is down low near the system's star, in this case Ciro. If you want to look inside the config file for Karborundum I suppose you could take a look, but that would remove some of the mystery. I'm guessing that it's somewhere on Thalia too, given the in-game lore and the difficulty of doing anything on Thalia, but I haven't found it yet.

Hi, 

I love your mod a lot but for some reason, since the last update, the custom MM file i use with "%baseValue = #$scienceCap$" doesnt work anymore, or atleast not for all expirements. Can someone tell me why or point me in the right direction?

Edited by mmeijer1988

4 hours ago, mmeijer1988 said:

Hi, 

I love your mod a lot but for some reason, since the last update, the custom MM file i use with "%baseValue = #$scienceCap$" doesnt work anymore, or atleast not for all expirements. Can someone tell me why or point me in the right direction?

That's the Science Full Reward mod. I've noticed this problem myself. Funny thing is, it simply stopped working. I don't think I updated any mods in my install between when it did work and when it stopped. And MM 3.0 didn't exist yet. Change the config to this and let me know if it works.

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[*]]
{
	%baseValue = #$scienceCap$
}